Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

To me it seems like this is the reason why people often abandon their projects.
So, the dev is working on something for free and spending his time doing it, and people just complain because he didn't release it in the ESTIMATED date.
Why not patiently wait and use ciangel in the meantime?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
To me it seems like this is the reason why people often abandon their projects.
So, the dev is working on something for free and spending his time doing it, and people just complain because he didn't release it in the ESTIMATED date.
Why not patiently wait and use ciangel in the meantime?

See folks, he highlighted and underlined "estimated", you know what that means.

Reactions: axiel7 and OGDUCK

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, boy.
Code:
configure: error: in `/home/levente/Desktop/Freeshop/3ds_portlibs/libarchive-3.1.2':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
Makefile:259: recipe for target 'libarchive' failed
make: *** [libarchive] Error 77
Also you first need to build a portlibs libarchive from cruel himself
git clone https://github.com/Cruel/3ds_portlibs.git
-> make libarchive
-> make install

Last edited by DjoeN,

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aisle 7 is closed for cleanup, and will reopen soon.

Alright folks, I'm gonna say this one time.
Knock off the bickering and backbiting. It's not helping a damn thing.
If you're waiting for a release then it doesn't require a lot of commentary from the peanut gallery.
I've only been in this thread for five minutes and I'm already sick of this crap.

Be polite. You're better than this, GBAtemp.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sounds like some people want this released today. lol

I spent most of my time last week making the build environment stable. Docker and Travis show exactly how to compile each portion, if anyone is interested. It's pointless since there are still some needed code changes I haven't pushed yet.

But don't worry, it'll be out today, but probably in like 10 hours. Maybe even longer if enough people complain (I like seeing pain :evil:).

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
So sounds like some people want this released today. lol

I spent most of my time last week making the build environment stable. Docker and Travis show exactly how to compile each portion, if anyone is interested. It's pointless since there are still some needed code changes I haven't pushed yet.

But don't worry, it'll be out today, but probably in like 10 hours. Maybe even longer if enough people complain (I like seeing pain :evil:).

As the saying goes for even game releases, "Delays don't matter, as long as the end result is good". Take your time and polish it up, it looks very useful. (oh and do you take suggestions?)

MasterBro10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from my understanding, this app just gets a cache of all the games from that database site, but doesn't let you download anything with it, as the encrypted keys are not included. So could I dump my encrypted keys into a file and use it somehow? And what file format would I use? I want to use this so my friends can download my purchased games, as NNIDS suck lol. Thanks in advance if you actually reply, the thread looked like it got into a shitstorm lol.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know that the bickering finally stopped and all, but as I'm going through the last 5-6 pages, why the heck would you want to compile an unstable build yourself than wait patiently for a few hours for a release from the dev?
Yes, I know. This is pretty great tool that I'm sure a lot of people are gonna enjoy, but this is nothing more than a quick shortcut of installing tickets into the console; this is something that you can already do.
The guy said it himself, he'll release it today, and I wouldn't mind if he delays it for tomorrow or the day after that. Just calm down and wait for the release.

Reactions: XRaTiX

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know that the bickering finally stopped and all, but as I'm going through the last 5-6 pages, why the heck would you want to compile an unstable build yourself than wait patiently for a few hours for a release from the dev?
Yes, I know. This is pretty great tool that I'm sure a lot of people are gonna enjoy, but this is nothing more than a quick shortcut of installing tickets into the console; this is something that you can already do.
The guy said it himself, he'll release it today, and I wouldn't mind if he delays it for tomorrow or the day after that. Just calm down and wait for the release.
On the other hand, some people are waiting for GW's ""stable"" ""solution"" for things that are already possible with Plailect's guide, OTPHelper and SafeA9LHInstaller.
GBATemp logic.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it might just be a way to install games using tickets, but it sure as hell is a cool way of installing games using tickets
thats why I want him to RELEASE THIS NAOW

Reactions: Exavold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning