Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why some people are still discussing and requesting the available version online that needs to be compiled is beyond me. Given that we know that version wont even allow you to use it beyond the title screen as confirmed by the creator, to waste any time with that uncompiled version is just foolish.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why some people are still discussing and requesting the available version online that needs to be compiled is beyond me. Given that we know that version wont even allow you to use it beyond the title screen as confirmed by the creator, to waste any time with that uncompiled version is just foolish.
he only comfirmed it after people tryed compiling it

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, maybe TheCruel shouldn't have posted about this two weeks in advance.

Sometimes hype is a good thing, but sometimes it's not.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm just installing tickets with CIAngel (takes seconds) and downloading straight from the eShop... Let's me pause, resume straight from the home menu and download in sleep mode. So juts do that, whiny kids. It's much better to be honest.

Last edited by Sizednochi,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, maybe TheCruel shouldn't have posted about this two weeks in advance.

Sometimes hype is a good thing, but sometimes it's not.
Not the hype but the people.
In other hand, I wish this could improve, maybe by changing the theme or the background song, as said before...

MaxialstarOA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the hype but the people.
In other hand, I wish this could improve, maybe by changing the theme or the background song, as said before...
( Posiblemente cuando actualice en el futuro ofrezca la opción. No me importaria poner OST de Kingdom Hearts mientras me pillo juegos. )

Possibly when I update in the future he may offer the option. Wouldn't mind some KH OST while picking up some games.

Last edited by MaxialstarOA,
Reactions: Bedel

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posiblemente cuando actualice en el futuro ofrezca la opción. No me importaria poner OST de Kingdom Hearts mientras me pillo juegos.
Por favor, habla en inglés. Aunque veas que yo soy castellano, la comunidad no lo es. La gente debe poder leerte.
Please, speak in eanglish. Besides I'm spanish, the community is not. The people should can read you the same way I do.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just installing tickets with CIAngel (takes seconds) and downloading straight from the eShop... Let's me pause, resume straight from the home menu and download in sleep mode. So juts do that, whiny kids. It's much better to be honest.

Except I wouldn't consider that "better" if you install custom/pirated themes on your 3DS, if you use the eshop and then exit, you will need to reinstall your themes. It's an annoyance, one we can all live with sure, but this homebrew streamlines the whole process, no need to use CIAngel and then go to eShop, and then if you have custom/pirated themes to then go back to a CIA manager and reinstall those. And instead you just use this product, leave, and not have to do anything else, nor reinstall your themes. Obviously this app is better than what you claim to be better in regard to saving time and being less complicated.

Having said that, I'm quite patient, I'm not one of the winers, but I'm also not foolish and do see the legit value in this application.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except I wouldn't consider that "better" if you install custom/pirated themes on your 3DS, if you use the eshop and then exit, you will need to reinstall your themes. It's an annoyance, one we can all live with sure, but this homebrew streamlines the whole process, no need to use CIAngel and then go to eShop, and then if you have custom/pirated themes to then go back to a CIA manager and reinstall those. And instead you just use this product, leave, and not have to do anything else, nor reinstall your themes. Obviously this app is better than what you claim to be better in regard to saving time and being less complicated.

Having said that, I'm quite patient, I'm not one of the winers, but I'm also not foolish and do see the legit value in this application.
@Sizednochi is using CIAngel in a way most people don't. CIAngel allows direct installation without needing to go to the eShop, and without messing up your custom themes/pirated DLC.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current alternatives will probably be better than the first few versions of freeShop (in terms of stability). But as it continues to improve it will become the very best, like no one ever was.

I'm going to go ahead and add an auto-updater to the first release. Then people won't have to worry about updating multiple times over the next week as I inevitably fix/add things. Of course, unless there's a bug in the auto-updater I code, then you will lol.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sizednochi is using CIAngel in a way most people don't. CIAngel allows direct installation without needing to go to the eShop, and without messing up your custom themes/pirated DLC.

Oh I see, I read the phrase of "I'm just installing tickets with CIAngel (takes seconds) and downloading straight from the eShop" to mean that he first installs the tickets with CIAngel (an application I've admittedly not touched) and then goes to the eShop to download those tickets, I didn't realize that CIAngel itself is downloading straight from the eshop. If that's the case, then yeah, just do that I guess. I'm not sure what the interface for CIAngel is like nor if you can download the tickets directly through the program or if you still have to put those on your sd card and then install them through the program, but if it can all be handled in the program and its got a nice interface, then yeah, by all means I'd agree, just use that, no need (for those that are) to whine about the wait.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@SizednochiCIAngel allows direct installation without needing to go to the eShop, and without messing up your custom themes/pirated DLC.

Except I wouldn't consider that "better" if you install custom/pirated themes on your 3DS, if you use the eshop and then exit, you will need to reinstall your themes.

This never happens to me. I'm just pulling everything from the eShop and my theme's always fine. I don't like installing FROM CIAngel because it doesn't let me pause/resume. I'm using a CHMM installed theme. Are you guys using installed .cia ones?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So that solves it then. Just install your theme using CHMM guys, and use the eShop. It's great. It'll even let you resume huge downloads after turning off your 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: What