• no other

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works as intended again if you use 3DNUS to download the latest eShop/Tiger applet cia. Tested on N3DS: GW9.5 Emunand with v19465 eShop.

Did actually try downloading something? When I tried I kept getting a weird timeout at 97%. Wasn't sure if it was my internet or not so I needed someone else to test.

Also this ONLY works for GW because it spoofs the firmware to make all titles run even if you are on a lower one. Reinand, rxTools, Pasta and (afaik) Cakes do not do this so if you try installing the latest eShop/Tiger cia from the CDN you will get an infinite loading screen when you launch it.

Reactions: peteruk

reno7rox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did actually try downloading something? When I tried I kept getting a weird timeout at 97%. Wasn't sure if it was my internet or not so I needed someone else to test.

Also this ONLY works for GW because it spoofs the firmware to make all titles run even if you are on a lower one. Reinand, rxTools, Pasta and (afaik) Cakes do not do this so if you try installing the latest eShop/Tiger cia from the CDN you will get an infinite loading screen when you launch it.
I downloaded the latest Smash Bros update just fine. I haven't tried any demos or such, but it all seemed to be working to me.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the latest Smash Bros update just fine. I haven't tried any demos or such, but it all seemed to be working to me.
Did you download the update through the eshop or from the home menu when prompted by the game?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through the eShop. I nagivated to the Smash Bros page and hit the "Update" tab on the 1.1.2 patch, to be exact.
Hmm, maybe it was just my internet. Do you mind testing with a demo or free game just to double check for me?

reno7rox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded some Witch game demo off the shop. It downloaded, installed and ran perfectly, so there you go.

I should probably give credit to this thread, since this is where the solution came from: http://gbatemp.net/threads/a-new-method-for-spoofing-e-shop-007-2404-on-10-0-emunand.402129/

Good, sounds like it was either my internet or something funky on my system (both are probably equally possible).

And yeah, I was in that thread as well. Sounds like now we need to find a way to repack the tiger cia file with a firmware spoofed exheader.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, new update (10.3.0-28, updated Home Menu, mint and CVer), appears to have broken both nim patching and hans for accessing the eshop on older firmwares.

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Welp, new update (10.3.0-28, updated Home Menu, mint and CVer), appears to have broken both nim patching and hans for accessing the eshop on older firmwares.
there are two ways to solve this: updating nver to the newest version, or creating a patch for act(I think) to always send a high value for nver to the server.
both ways would still need hans to access the eshop.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna know if I'm understanding this correctly. Will this allow you to access the eShop within 3DS games so I can purchase DLC?

I'm on original 3DS with 10.1 firmware, I would love to redeem my Super Smash DLC code I purchased with my Wii U version.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wanna know if I'm understanding this correctly. Will this allow you to access the eShop within 3DS games so I can purchase DLC?

I'm on original 3DS with 10.1 firmware, I would love to redeem my Super Smash DLC code I purchased with my Wii U version.

Even if it could, this only works on CFW, so 9.2 and below only.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear ya. I hope you guys on 9.3 get a kernel exploit soon.
As much as I would like for there to be a kernel exploit to be found I'm ok with it not being discovered so soon. This way Nintendo can roll out possibly more standard new 3DS systems or possibly other features while still maintaining that kernel exploit. Had anything released too soon it would possibly get patched up quickly before it could be used on future hardware and features.

reno7rox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back again to confirm updating the NVer to the latest version still allows eShop access and NNID online games. On GW9.5 at least.

dude1709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
For EU N3DS GW emuNAND 9.5.x via 3DNUS:
tiger 0004001000022900 v19465.cia
CVer 000400DB00017102 v10288.cia
New_3DS NVer 000400DB20016102 v448.cia

eShop:
- access: ok
- demo download: ok
- online videos: ok
- cartridge updates (via eShop or home menu): ok
- 3DSWare updates download: nay (partly)

Last edited by dude1709,

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a N3DS on 9.0.2U but have CFW RX Tools 9.5.0 and it does now work anymore is there anyway to spoof online anymore??

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only option available right now is to use HANS via Smea's *hax 2.5 homebrew loader.
and at the moment this is only possible if he installed the newest nver.
But please note down the current system version to reinstall your current nver version, after there is a better solution.
I'm trying to create a act patch, but its hard to read a assembly in this size, especially because its my first time doing this. But I think I'm near finding the point where the request header including the system version is created. After this I could replace the instructions to send a newer nver version to the server.
but like I said, it's my first time looking for more than a defined return value(it was easy to find inside of the hex).

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU