• no other

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm not able to try this yet, but I just want to make sure that I do it correctly:

Once I install the .cia in the release folder with FBI Installer, what exactly is it putting on the system? I understand what it can do, but let me give you an example of what I mean.

When I installed the SaveDataFiler.cia, it created spot in the home menu that launches SaveDataFiler. Basically, what I'm not understanding here is if this is one application that magically lets you get to the eShop without the newest emuNAND firmware, if it's several applications that do various things, or if it's something different entirely. Basically, what would I do to get to eShop to get the newest game updates without updating my emuNAND when using free multi patcher?
Installing the .cia file puts a new icon on your home menu of an orange shopping bag.
Launching this icon brings up a white/black text menu with options of which patches to enable and disable, pressing start patches your ram with those chosen settings.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. It's always a good idea to know what it's actually like before attempting to install it and then not understanding how it works.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, the last days I worked on a solution, to use the e-shop on Pasta with firmlaunch. A short time after I found a way to modify Ygw Eshop Spoofer, to get it workwith firmlaunch, rxtools got regionfree implemented, so I checked out how it works and implemented it to my modified patcher.
I released the first version in the PastaCFW thread, and got positive feadback. Now, after some fixes and additions I will release it, working on gw, rxtools and pasta, on emunand and Sysnand.

Features (Current Version: 0.5):
  • Homemenu patching for regionfree
  • Nim patching for e-Shop Access(possibly only working on 9.x)
  • Nim patching to prevent automatic download of system updates
  • Menu with selection of patches

Problems:
  • download in sleep mode is not working(please download applications directly through eshop)
  • its not possible to use out of region manuals

Planned Feature:
  • dlp Patching for regionfree download play
  • serial patching for e-shop access on systems with changed serial
  • a new icon and banner
Tested compability:
  • Emunand
    • n3DS 9.5 Gateway
    • n3DS 9.5 Reisyukaku CFW
    • o3DS 9.5 rxtools
  • Sysnand:
    • n3DS 9.0 Pasta
    • n3DS 9.2 Pasta
    • o3DS 9.2 rxtools

Changelog:

Code:
Version 0.5
* Added NS patching to allow out of region game cards

Version 0.4
* Some minor background changes
* Moved no auto update download patch to its own point

Version 0.3
* Initial Release

Notes:
  • The testversions on the Pasta thread replaced Ygw Eshop Spoofer, this version wont do this.
  • I have not much experience on reverse engineering(Mostly I only read sourcecode and stuff on 3dbrew and try n error things), so I cant promise anything.

Credits:
  • felipejfc for the base application
  • Roxas75 for releasing a way to dynamicly patch regionfree

Downloads:

Man, this is awesome! I want more updates! It is possible for you to make disappear the annoying update console message?

Btw, I try the region free with a fisical Zelda OoT EUR version on my USA 3ds console and works sweet! So thanks!

Oh, I have a little question too: I have my language settings on Spanish and, with the Zelda game (EUR) and other Cias region free I tested with spanish spoke available I realized that I can´t play it in spanish, insted they appear to be in english everytime. Why is that? It is possible to play an EUR game (with Spanish thing available) in spanish on my USA console?

Thanks again, dude!

hama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this prevent automatic download of system updates but still show update popup, right? because I still get popup randomly after sleep mode

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man, this is awesome! I want more updates! It is possible for you to make disappear the annoying update console message?

Btw, I try the region free with a fisical Zelda OoT EUR version on my USA 3ds console and works sweet! So thanks!

Oh, I have a little question too: I have my language settings on Spanish and, with the Zelda game (EUR) and other Cias region free I tested with spanish spoke available I realized that I can´t play it in spanish, insted they appear to be in english everytime. Why is that? It is possible to play an EUR game (with Spanish thing available) in spanish on my USA console?

Thanks again, dude!

The language id of the us Spanish is not the same as the eur Spanish one. We need another type of patch, to allow to use the others region languages. But its more difficult to do this.

this prevent automatic download of system updates but still show update popup, right? because I still get popup randomly after sleep mode

You need to delete the already downloaded update using the recovery menu, after that always apply the anti download patch at system start, and you wont get the update nag anymore.

hama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you enter recovery mode in emunand?

i know that i can enter safe mode when turning on the 3DS just holding A+R+L+Up but you will enter sysnand not emunand and i think it will delete file in sysnand only
it separate downloaded update file in sysnand and emunand or not? or it just use the same one

my sysnand and emunand are unlinked

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks again, dude!

You can change your emunand region to europe one.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Me a little no understanding. I have GW n3ds 9.5 emunand with sysnand 9.2.

Can I install this on my 9.2 sysnand and 9.5 emunand too?

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for 9.5 Games you can use Paste on the new 3DS with firmlaunch too.
I will try to add a patch to ignore game updates, this allows to use modules with a newer firmware on them, but it wont allow to run games that use a not supported encryption.

zackaerith007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for 9.5 Games you can use Paste on the new 3DS with firmlaunch too.
I will try to add a patch to ignore game updates, this allows to use modules with a newer firmware on them, but it wont allow to run games that use a not supported encryption.
i see, i dont know why i couldnt make the firmlaunch work >.< it always ask for update everytime i try to play it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs