ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible to modify the avatar's birthday through HxD?
Yes. Right now I'm outside, so cannot share a screenshot example, but look in the unit's hex block for his name in the text section. Some bytes after that (sorry, don't remember how many) you'll se a byte containing the month and another the day. Just change those two, and your birthday will change.

I'll post a screenshot from an example un HxD later, maybe until tomorrow.

Reactions: cercity

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is gold editing being planned for this?

You mean just editing the gold value for what you can spend ingame? If you need to do it before a potential inclusion in the next release you can edit the value manually by following [Truth]'s instruction on this page:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-edit-fire-emblem-awakening-with-ironhax-sdm.396304/

Edit:

Question: Is it possible to change the font colour of a forged weapon back to normal? For example, if I have a forged Falchion, could I revert its colour back to the normal font colour?

Last edited by cercity,

jumpingmonkeybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day to you sir, I'm a bit of a newcomer in the realm of homebrew so I was hoping I could get some help. Using the save tool as well as your editor I've managed to do everything with my units that I set out to do, however all of my forged weapons and some unique ones such as a spare Misstletainn that I had in my convoy have been replaced with dummy items that are Japanese letters. I'll attach my unedited save as well as the edited save for convenience, any advice or help would be much appreciated.

PS: All editing was done onto the chapter 0 file.

Attachments

• Fire Emblem Awakening Backup.rar
    32.8 KB · Views: 99
  • FE A_cmp.rar
    32.8 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Olmectron

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day to you sir, I'm a bit of a newcomer in the realm of homebrew so I was hoping I could get some help. Using the save tool as well as your editor I've managed to do everything with my units that I set out to do, however all of my forged weapons and some unique ones such as a spare Misstletainn that I had in my convoy have been replaced with dummy items that are Japanese letters. I'll attach my unedited save as well as the edited save for convenience, any advice or help would be much appreciated.

PS: All editing was done onto the chapter 0 file.

I dont remember if you can get the forging material into the game correctly. Basically the dummy items you can sell them to a merchant, how many 100x of the convey you set to is how many 100x of item you need to sell, there is like 20 line of dummy items, so if you set the convey to 500 you need to sell 500 items 20 times I believe.

jumpingmonkeybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont remember if you can get the forging material into the game correctly. Basically the dummy items you can sell them to a merchant, how many 100x of the convey you set to is how many 100x of item you need to sell, there is like 20 line of dummy items, so if you set the convey to 500 you need to sell 500 items 20 times I believe.

I'm afraid I don't quite follow, are you trying to say that I need to get rid of a great number of my forged weapons before attempting my alterations? Or do I simply need to have fewer items in my convoy? I'm afraid I'm not quite savy with the terminology for editing the game, so setting the convoy is not something I've done before.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm afraid I don't quite follow, are you trying to say that I need to get rid of a great number of my forged weapons before attempting my alterations? Or do I simply need to have fewer items in my convoy? I'm afraid I'm not quite savy with the terminology for editing the game, so setting the convoy is not something I've done before.
Sorry for answering so late. I checked your _cmp Chapter0 file. It wasn't edited at all. Do you have the edited one?

Also, please try to let "include Forged Weapons" on when you use the Full Convoy option. It will give you a lot of dummy Japanese named items, but it shouldn't wipe out any of your weapons/items. Please try it and let me know what happens.

jumpingmonkeybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for answering so late. I checked your _cmp Chapter0 file. It wasn't edited at all. Do you have the edited one?

Also, please try to let "include Forged Weapons" on when you use the Full Convoy option. It will give you a lot of dummy Japanese named items, but it shouldn't wipe out any of your weapons/items. Please try it and let me know what happens.

Late? That was alot faster than I expected it would be! xD

Anyway, I'll be happy to get that for you, just tested it myself on my file. I turned on the add items to convoy thing as well as checked the include forged items option, unfortunately I don't have any additional items and many of my items are still dummy replaced.

Again, thanks for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

EDIT: Looking a bit closer, it seems the only remaining items that I have are the ones that are on my people, the convoy was completely wiped clean, as well as dummy'd the forged weapons.

Attachments

• FE A_cmp.rar
    32.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by jumpingmonkeybot,

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe, seems like I'm not the only one who's busy at work with Awakening :3

In regards to Grima's attack animation not happening, I'm guessing this is because it's designed to relate with Grima's dragon head? I think you can battle Grima in two levels (Endgame and Future Past 3) and the dragonhead is present in both.

Also... forgive me if I'm taking a bit of a step back compared to what DeathChaos is doing, but I'm a little behind the times. Does anyone have experience with modifying normal items in the convoy? I'm trying to modify a standard iron sword into different weapons, but I'm having trouble even locating it within the decompressed file. I positioned it between two forged weapons ingame, but I'm guessing non-forged weapons are stored elsewhere? I tinkered about with the coding and got a strange result: In my file in gave me x99 of axes from Hauteclere to Superior Axe, and bows from Longbow to Yewfelle.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Late? That was alot faster than I expected it would be! xD

Anyway, I'll be happy to get that for you, just tested it myself on my file. I turned on the add items to convoy thing as well as checked the include forged items option, unfortunately I don't have any additional items and many of my items are still dummy replaced.

Again, thanks for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

EDIT: Looking a bit closer, it seems the only remaining items that I have are the ones that are on my people, the convoy was completely wiped clean, as well as dummy'd the forged weapons.
Hi there. Again, sorry for answering late, and sorry if I'm wrong, but did you happen to delete or clone a unit when trying the "Full convoy" option?

Edit: I'm asking because of the 2 annas.
annas.PNG

Last edited by Olmectron, , Reason: more question info
Reactions: jumpingmonkeybot

jumpingmonkeybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Again, sorry for answering late, and sorry if I'm wrong, but did you happen to delete or clone a unit when trying the "Full convoy" option?

Again, no problem at all, I did in fact clone my Morgan so that i could go into a hex editor and turn the clone into the male variant, is that something that would cause an error with the convoy? I was pretty close to the limit of forged weapons and the cloned items may very well have pushed me over the limit, though I don't know if that would cause the error.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Again, no problem at all, I did in fact clone my Morgan so that i could go into a hex editor and turn the clone into the male variant, is that something that would cause an error with the convoy? I was pretty close to the limit of forged weapons and the cloned items may very well have pushed me over the limit, though I don't know if that would cause the error.
Cloning units can and will wipe out everything in the Convoy. You can recover everything by saving and applying "Full convoy" again in that save. However, you can't restore Forged Weapons as they were. I checked your latest file (the edited one) and it was indeed as a file would be after cloning or deleting.

I tried opening the file in game, saved, edited the new save with full convoy option, and it worked. Cloning or deleting breaks the convoy, the barracks, and some other things. I'm still not sure why, and looking into it.

Try doing this, and if there are still issues, please tell me.

Last edited by Olmectron,

jumpingmonkeybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cloning units can and will wipe out everything in the Convoy. You can recover everything by saving and applying "Full convoy" again in that save. However, you can't restore Forged Weapons as they were. I checked your latest file (the edited one) and it was indeed as a file would be after cloning or deleting.

I tried opening the file in game, saved, edited the new save with full convoy option, and it worked. Cloning or deleting breaks the convoy, the barracks, and some other things. I'm still not sure why, and looking into it.

Okay, I think I gotcha, so what I need to do is do the business with editing my units. Then go into my game and save it, then go in and apply the full convoy to the file, and then I should be good?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, I think I gotcha, so what I need to do is do the business with editing my units. Then go into my game and save it, then go in and apply the full convoy to the file, and then I should be good?
Yes. But, unfortunately, you won't get your Forged Weapons back. But everything in the convoy will be maxed out, the items and non-forged weapons. And the game could create some Japanese dummy items in the items' tab, but they don't break anything, and only bother when scrolling. I'm fixing that too, sorry.

jumpingmonkeybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. But, unfortunately, you won't get your Forged Weapons back. But everything in the convoy will be maxed out, the items and non-forged weapons. And the game could create some Japanese dummy items in the items' tab, but they don't break anything, and only bother when scrolling. I'm fixing that too, sorry.

It's absolutely no problem at all, I can just take a few minutes to sell those dummy items off! Thank you very much for all your help, I've only just started with homebrew a few days ago so the help was very much appreciated!

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's absolutely no problem at all, I can just take a few minutes to sell those dummy items off! Thank you very much for all your help, I've only just started with homebrew a few days ago so the help was very much appreciated!
Thanks! And don't worry, I'm glad I could help.

Please tell me if that works, and if it doesn't, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn