ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey, could you, if you have time, add a function for giving skills to characters? I mean, not equipping them, putting them on their skill pool.

Oh, and possibly for weapon levels?

Reactions: Olmectron

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, could you, if you have time, add a function for giving skills to characters? I mean, not equipping them, putting them on their skill pool.

Oh, and possibly for weapon levels?
I support this! I'm also hoping it will be made to just do the editing on the 3ds from homebrew.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I support this! I'm also hoping it will be made to just do the editing on the 3ds from homebrew.
Homebrew based editing is a whole different cookie from what we got now. What we got now is:

A tool to compress/decompress coded in C
A tool to edit coded in Java

And for homebrew to have a sensible UI it would have to be 100% C. Now the jump from Java to C isn't per se all that big - but it's there.

And that's just covering the language barrier... There are obv many more factors.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Olmectron I don't know how this could possibly help, but, I know there's an issue with Grima and his Expiration being completely glitched out when hacked into other units, well, turns out, Grima actually has 3 different character lables.

First one is ギムレー, which results in the silhouette seen by the units in Aversa's paralogue before they copy yours.
Grima's second label is 026_ボス, this one also results in a black silhouette, although slightly different, like so,
vNFXNvC.png

However, Grima also shares a similar label to the MUs, both MUs are referred to as "username" within the game's script files, and Grima happens to be called "username3", and this is the one that makes Grima function correctly, at least within the supports and other game scripts that is;
CMDWWy5.png

Maybe Grima has more than one Unit/Character ID and this could potentially fix the glitched class/expiration?

Reactions: GCNMatt

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, @DeathChaos25. According to that info, it would seem Grima is an altered MU, even in the save files, so it would use the same ID MUs use. I've been playing with all the info in the character hex blocks, but I haven't found anything for fixing Grima so far. I could be wrong, though.

Taking your suggestion, the best place to search for a Grima fix is the MU's block. So, thanks a lot! This will help of course.

I would really appreciate if you could share a save file with Grima recruited. That is, if the game saves okay with the ROM edited. If you can't, don't worry. You've already helped a lot. Thanks again!

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I did a brief run thru to see if this was answered already but if I missed it I apologize; When I do the Full Convoy with the forged weapons I get a bunch of the dummy slots even though I have the the max amount of weapons forged they let me. Am I missing something about the forged weapons that are giving me dummy slots or is there a way I can edit the convoy in my save to just remove the dummy slots from my convoy since I like to run the convoy option at 65535 to never have to even think about items again.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did a brief run thru to see if this was answered already but if I missed it I apologize; When I do the Full Convoy with the forged weapons I get a bunch of the dummy slots even though I have the the max amount of weapons forged they let me. Am I missing something about the forged weapons that are giving me dummy slots or is there a way I can edit the convoy in my save to just remove the dummy slots from my convoy since I like to run the convoy option at 65535 to never have to even think about items again.
Right now that's still a problem I'm working on, sorry about that. The next update will have a better convoy editing feature.

Meanwhile, if you know a little bit about hexadecimal editing you can use HxD for removing them. Can't give a full explanation right now, but just search for "62UD" as text in HxD. Before that text you'll see a lot of "FF" in the hexadecimal section, just turn two bytes into zeroes (like this: "FF FF", to this: "00 00") per each dummy item you have in the convoy. I'll post a better explanation tomorrow if you're not familiar with this.

Eredhel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. I don't know if it has been solved or if anyone has run into this problem before, but when I try to load the save file (Chapter1 in this case), it keeps loading forever. Am I missing something important? I'm running on Windows 7 64bits, gave admin permissions to the program and my java is updated. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Tried on Windows XP and on Mac but ends on the same thing. I even tried another backup and had no luck.

Last edited by Eredhel,

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I don't know if it has been solved or if anyone has run into this problem before, but when I try to load the save file (Chapter1 in this case), it keeps loading forever. Am I missing something important? I'm running on Windows 7 64bits, gave admin permissions to the program and my java is updated. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Tried on Windows XP and on Mac but ends on the same thing. I even tried another backup and had no luck.
Did you decypt the save? Mine did the same thing before I realized I had to decypt it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i want to start this game, i read there was free spotpass dlc? or free dlc of somesort, but now you can't get it?
how can i get this, it is true dlc or just 'unlocking' something - if so, can this save editor unlock the extra stuff?
maybe i misunderstood something, thank you!
(not the paid dlc in the shop, i have that) :)

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
i want to start this game, i read there was free spotpass dlc? or free dlc of somesort, but now you can't get it?
how can i get this, it is true dlc or just 'unlocking' something - if so, can this save editor unlock the extra stuff?
maybe i misunderstood something, thank you!
(not the paid dlc in the shop, i have that) :)
Just load up the game, once you unlock the spotpass menu (around chapter 3 I think), choose the spotpass option and it should download some stuff, it gives you some items, as well as I think 6 extra paralogues.

Reactions: Olmectron and cearp

Eredhel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe you still need to use the Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool that is in the OP.
The Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool does nothing to the file. It doesn't even see the file when trying to open. I think the Save Tool only works if the files are compressed. I believe the savedata_manager decompress them automatically or am I wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Need to go to bed. Tomorrow's my birthday and I need to be prepared for party. Thanks for the help, RisinDevil. I'll be trying to solve this problem tomorrow

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool does nothing to the file. It doesn't even see the file when trying to open. I think the Save Tool only works if the files are compressed. I believe the savedata_manager decompress them automatically or am I wrong?

Need to go to bed. Tomorrow's my birthday and I need to be prepared for party. Thanks for the help, RisinDevil. I'll be trying to solve this problem tomorrow

Happy Birthday!

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Happy Birthday! And the Global and Chapter files have to be in a folder because the save tool takes the whole folder and decompresses it so that you can edit the chapter file in the save editor. Then when you save you open the decompressed folder in the save tool and save it as a new compressed one and then that save can be transfered back to the game. Enjoy your party and hope this helps!

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Olmectron I actually got Grima as a unit to work with Romhacking, on any map, without crashing, however, it seems the save editor isn't picking him up in my unit list.

What I did was, There's a character ID for "Dummy", I simply made it so that this character ID reads Grima's information, so basically, the character ID is Dummy, but the Unit is now Grima.

Edit, here are some screenshots;

Here is my normals Male MU
thzjuBA.png

Here's Grima;
jw2BVDn.png

Here's Grima's character profile;
7km5Dh2.png

Here's Grima paired up with my MU, having a staredown with the Assassin Risen because the attack animation for Expiration never happened;
C0Z0XQ4.png

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Eredhel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Happy Birthday! And the Global and Chapter files have to be in a folder because the save tool takes the whole folder and decompresses it so that you can edit the chapter file in the save editor. Then when you save you open the decompressed folder in the save tool and save it as a new compressed one and then that save can be transfered back to the game. Enjoy your party and hope this helps!
I did exactly what you said and it worked. Thanks for the help, RisinDevil.
Double thanks about my birthday ;)

Happy Birthday!
Thank you trainboy2019

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Good old American calories not good enough for the namby pamby metric boys?