ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

JoelRL11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, search for TINU as text, not hex.
The green highlight is the level and experience, in that order.
The Purple-pinkish is the character ID and the class, in that order. Change the first purple-pink to 47 to have Anna.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the green box is HP, I'm still testing it out.
The blue boxed area is the shield-icon on a unit. Change the values to 00 00 00 from 01 00 30 or 05 00 30, or whatever it appears to be. This will allow you to have the Supports with Anna if you do this.
Pink highlighted area is the equipped skills.
Blue highlight is the unit's inventory.
Black box is the number of Boots used on the unit.
Brown highlight is cool. Change those 3 to FF FF FF and you'll have access to all DLC classes of your gender via Heart Seal.
Purple highlight at the bottom is hair colour, it uses the RBY value things in Hex.
The yellow box goes untouched, but that's where the unit's skills are started.
The yellow highlight is the actual skills.
FE FF FF FF FF FF BF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 0F 78 will give you all skills, even enemy-only ones.
DF FF 7F FB FF FF FF FF FF FE FF EF FF BF 01 00 00 00 00 00 gives no DLC or Enemy-Only skills.
Hello again, Im having some trouble getting Anna. Ive looked for my level and exp and found them. Then went two bytes to the right and edited the first byte in the "green" section to 47. I loaded up the save file and my screen went black. It then said an error occured. How can I fix this? Thanks. BTW I attached an image of my hex code to see whats wrong or where I went wrong.

Attachments

• WHERETHEHECKISANNA.PNG
    WHERETHEHECKISANNA.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 302

Kaeruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello again, Im having some trouble getting Anna. Ive looked for my level and exp and found them. Then went two bytes to the right and edited the first byte in the "green" section to 47. I loaded up the save file and my screen went black. It then said an error occured. How can I fix this? Thanks. BTW I attached an image of my hex code to see whats wrong or where I went wrong.
That 01 00 03 should be the character bytes. 01 00 03 means that's your Avatar (Male) as a Nohr Noble. Am I correct?

The green highlight is level and exp (not the TINU highlighted), the pinkish-purple is the character bytes.

Last edited by Kaeruno,

JoelRL11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were to change that to 47 00 1C, that would replace your Avatar with Anna as an Outlaw, so go and capture/kidnap a unit, recruit it out of the Prison, and change their bytes to it so you have an Anna
OH! So what SHOULD I change? :?

QuillVincent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was already answered, but I had a bit of a freak out last night realizing that I lost a unit and am unable to get them now.
Is there somewhere I can read that has these values of all the characters in fates?

And can I replace units I got through the Einherjar shop? Does it have to be prisoner units/character units?

I really don't want to redo over 35 hours of work for just one character, so I feel this is my best bet. I'm completely new to this hack, so if there's any comprehensive guide already out that answers these questions, I'm sorry. Please link if so.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was already answered, but I had a bit of a freak out last night realizing that I lost a unit and am unable to get them now.
Is there somewhere I can read that has these values of all the characters in fates?

And can I replace units I got through the Einherjar shop? Does it have to be prisoner units/character units?

I really don't want to redo over 35 hours of work for just one character, so I feel this is my best bet. I'm completely new to this hack, so if there's any comprehensive guide already out that answers these questions, I'm sorry. Please link if so.
Okay, search for TINU as text, not hex.
The green highlight is the level and experience, in that order.
The Purple-pinkish is the character ID and the class, in that order. Change the first purple-pink to 47 to have Anna.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the green box is HP, I'm still testing it out.
The blue boxed area is the shield-icon on a unit. Change the values to 00 00 00 from 01 00 30 or 05 00 30, or whatever it appears to be. This will allow you to have the Supports with Anna if you do this.
Pink highlighted area is the equipped skills.
Blue highlight is the unit's inventory.
Black box is the number of Boots used on the unit.
Brown highlight is cool. Change those 3 to FF FF FF and you'll have access to all DLC classes of your gender via Heart Seal.
Purple highlight at the bottom is hair colour, it uses the RBY value things in Hex.
The yellow box goes untouched, but that's where the unit's skills are started.
The yellow highlight is the actual skills.
FE FF FF FF FF FF BF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 0F 78 will give you all skills, even enemy-only ones.
DF FF 7F FB FF FF FF FF FF FE FF EF FF BF 01 00 00 00 00 00 gives no DLC or Enemy-Only skills.
Trial and error, for now. Edit the first purple-pink until you find the unit. If you decide to keep a log on each character ID, you could quickly find the character you are looking for, should this happen again.

Last edited by trainboy2019,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks. Will they pop with a name/image when I do that, or do I need to go into the actual game each time to see what I get?
I believe you'll have to decompress it using FEAST, edit it with a hex editor, save it, recompress it, import it, load the game, and hope for the best. The save editor program doesn't support fates yet, but it will, hopefully sooner than SOON™

QuillVincent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you'll have to decompress it using FEAST, edit it with a hex editor, save it, recompress it, import it, load the game, and hope for the best. The save editor program doesn't support fates yet, but it will, hopefully sooner than SOON™

Alright. It's already decompressed, since I have svd. Any hex editor recommendations for this? I'm new to hex editing saves.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. It's already decompressed, since I have svd. Any hex editor recommendations for this? I'm new to hex editing saves.
Does svd decompress like FEAST does? FEAST is specifically for Awakening and Fates. You probably need to use it on top of your save manager. For hex editors, if you use a Mac, iHex. For windows, HxD, for linux, absolutely no idea.

QuillVincent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's split into files like Chapter 0, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Exchange, Global, etc. I assumed that means it was decompressed, yeah.
Does svd decompress like FEAST does? FEAST is specifically for Awakening and Fates. You probably need to use it on top of your save manager. For hex editors, if you use a Mac, iHex. For windows, HxD, for linux, absolutely no idea.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's split into files like Chapter 0, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Exchange, Global, etc. I assumed that means it was decompressed, yeah.
No, that's just the way the game saves compressed. Put those in a folder, Open up FEAST, drag the folder in the blank bar, and save decompressed. When decompressed, it won't look any different on the surface, but the hex will.

Last edited by trainboy2019,

QuillVincent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's just the way the game saves compressed. Put those in a folder, Open up FEAST, drag the folder in the blank bar, and save decompressed. When decompressed, it won't look any different on the surface, but the hex will.
This is an absolute nightmare, especially with someone with dyslexia. I have no idea how you guys figure this out.
Alright. I have 3 saves, for the 3 different stories.
Which one would be which? Is chapter 0, 1, or 2 revelations, or am I looking in the wrong place entirely?

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chapter 0, 1, and 2 are the first, second, and third slots of saves in the game. For me, I have a Conquest as Chapter 0, Revelation as Chapter 1, and Birthright as Chapter 2.

Reactions: QuillVincent

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which character did you lose? With any luck, one of us might already know the character ID for them, potentially saving you hours of grueling T&E.

JoelRL11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know the ID for a sky night. I captured it and tried to put it only unit in a challenge but I still cant find it. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!