• Likes 102

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI v2.2.2 has been released.
  • Add support for importing title seeds, both when installing and for already installed titles. FBI will first look for a seed file at "sdmc:/fbi/seed/(title id).dat". If it is not found, it will attempt to download the seed from the kagiya server.
  • Allow applying parental controls restrictions. Enable rating restrictions to require the parental controls PIN to launch.
  • Delete existing copies of tickets before reinstalling.
  • Disable sleep mode during data operations. (installing, pasting files, etc.)
  • Increase maximum number of CDN contents. Should fix some DLC installation issues.
  • Fix displaying listing errors.
Was hoping to fix a freezing issue experienced by N3DS users before the next release, but it'll have to wait until I have my N3DS back.
This is going to sound stupid but how does one make the DAT file with a seed? Is it just a plaintext file with the seed in it named <titleID>.dat? Or is there a particular format or tool to make it?

EDIT: Figured it out. It's made with a hex editor. Create a new file, input the SEED in hex and then save it as <titleID>.dat

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Ibzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

First time user here. I followed Plailect's tutorial on reddit to install CFW on my o3DS. I'm a bit of a noob at this so not too good at following the terminology (sorry!), but I'm having a weird problem with FBI.

I noticed in the changelog for v2.2.2 that parental controls were added for requiring PIN to launch. For some reason, when I enable this feature, it asks for the system PIN both for launching FBI (which I want) and for running a cia (which I don't want). The even stranger thing in my opinion, is that this is only for unsigned cias; some of them work after I put in the PIN but some of them don't!

I'd like to be able to enable PIN access to launch FBI, but I don't want to be asked to put in a PIN every time I try to run an unsigned cia. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would like to extract decrypted files out of a cia file. I want to reverse engineer the code.bin with ida-pro later on.

Is FBI the correct tool for extracting the code.bin or do I have to use another tool?

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, the dummy file is simply 16 times 0x00. So if it works for moon, it should also work for sun.
Did you correctly rename it to 0004000000164800.dat? With 3 leading zeros?

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The requirements are the same as always, basically any firmware capable of running unsigned code, whether it be through Ninjhax on 4.x-9.2, Gateway emuNAND, etc. And yes you should be able to install clean CIA files, even on sysNAND if you run it from there.

On another note, I've put up a download link for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X builds of sockfile.
Wait so can I use this on 11.1 with NinjHax?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the dummy file is simply 16 times 0x00. So if it works for moon, it should also work for sun.
Did you correctly rename it to 0004000000164800.dat? With 3 leading zeros?
Yep.
Wait so can I use this on 11.1 with NinjHax?
You can only install legit CIAs on 10.7 or below. You can only install other CIAs with CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)