• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,508,407
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
I've searched around (this thread, GBATemp, and the internet in general) and I can't find a solid answer (or even a liquid one, for that matter):

How can you tell what titles are what? I'm looking to uninstall some titles from my SD card, yet there's just codes. Some are really obvious, but others I can only guess. I already have an idea of what they are, but I just don't know which is specifically which. To boot, launching them in FBI doesn't work, as it just freezes there with the text "Launching title..." on the top screen and the directory of titles on the bottom.

Is there way to do it in FBI aside from launching each individual title? Or can I look through the .cia archive itself? I've tried 3DSExplorer, but that did jack-all.

I'm on a N3DS running rxTools with 9.5 emuNAND, if any of that matters. Couldn't tell you what version of rxTools I'm using.

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've searched around (this thread, GBATemp, and the internet in general) and I can't find a solid answer (or even a liquid one, for that matter):

How can you tell what titles are what? I'm looking to uninstall some titles from my SD card, yet there's just codes. Some are really obvious, but others I can only guess. I already have an idea of what they are, but I just don't know which is specifically which. To boot, launching them in FBI doesn't work, as it just freezes there with the text "Launching title..." on the top screen and the directory of titles on the bottom.

Is there way to do it in FBI aside from launching each individual title? Or can I look through the .cia archive itself? I've tried 3DSExplorer, but that did jack-all.

I'm on a N3DS running rxTools with 9.5 emuNAND, if any of that matters. Couldn't tell you what version of rxTools I'm using.

Don't know if this you are asking for, but.... http://3dsdb.com/

Reactions: Deleted User

masterzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello i have a little problem.
I have a n3ds with 9.2.0.20 E
Also i have boot reinand on sysnand, when i will install DevMenu.cia i becam this error:
Install failed!
DevMenu.cia
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_IVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

why? i have run a cfw...
I will install DevMenu.cia and after cloning to emunand,

have you finde a solution for your install cia problem? i have the same :(

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know exactly what you mean. The 3ds has a built in graphical cia manager called Data Management in systems settings.

We are told never to enter data management for fear it will delete all your cia's, however, this is only true of your nands are linked.

If you are unsure try booting your sys nand and changing the theme. Then boot up emunand- did the theme transfer over? If so don't enter data management. Use a tutorial here to unlink them. After that you can enter data management with no ill effects.It shows all cia's installed such as homebrew like retrosech & FBI, gba vc injects and all software on the system.

I just recently deleted 60gba vc injects from emu and sys nands in favor of retroarch!

If you don't want to unlink them you can find a list of vc injects on a download thread usually where you download the game. It has the title data there.
Good luck!!

If would be nice if FBI had a could somehow display a short title name somewhere. Perhaps it's
Beyond the ability of a title manager to do so.

Last edited by Classicgamer,
Reactions: Deleted User

JawhnL5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm encountering an error when attempting to install FBI.cia through FBI.

My 3DS boots into ReiNAND by default, so under ReiNAND I went into HBL through Browserhax and into FBI from HBL and attempted to install FBI.cia, and it failed to install.

I am on an n3DS on SysNAND 9.2 (downgraded from 9.8) and EmuNAND 9.2 (ReiNAND)

Yes, I did all the database resetting and such. Here is the error I get:

2xF8PEf.jpg

I got the FBI files from the GitHub page and am using 1.4.17. I setup CFW using this tutorial, if it matters: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

From here, would I have to inject into Health & Safety to get FBI?

EDIT: I noticed my photo cut off the error description, which would be DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND

Last edited by JawhnL5,
D

Deleted User

OP
I know exactly what you mean. The 3ds has a built in graphical cia manager called Data Management in systems settings.

We are told never to enter data management for fear it will delete all your cia's, however, this is only true of your nands are linked.

If you are unsure try booting your sys nand and changing the theme. Then boot up emunand- did the theme transfer over? If so don't enter data management. Use a tutorial here to unlink them. After that you can enter data management with no ill effects.It shows all cia's installed such as homebrew like retrosech & FBI, gba vc injects and all software on the system.

I just recently deleted 60gba vc injects from emu and sys nands in favor of retroarch!

If you don't want to unlink them you can find a list of vc injects on a download thread usually where you download the game. It has the title data there.
Good luck!!

If would be nice if FBI had a could somehow display a short title name somewhere. Perhaps it's
Beyond the ability of a title manager to do so.

Knew about Data Management, but didn't know how it handled unsigned .cias . I do remember reading something about not using Data Management with emuNAND, and that is what I must have read - not to do it if your NANDs are linked.

Honestly didn't think to try that, but sure enough, everything showed up in Data Management even though the .cias were unsigned. I found the app I needed to get rip of and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the suggestion~

I agree that it'd be nice if it could display something that gives the user more of a clue. Though, I don't think it's beyond the application's capabilities, but rather, the data that would be used for that isn't allocated within the .cia archive. Something like what JustPingo did with his TTP file format is what I'm thinking.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get FBI to work so I just injected Dev Menu into health and safety app works flawlessly, also I'm on reiNand 10.4 N3ds

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 355

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got a 64GB Samsung microSD, says "SDXC" on it. Formatted to Fat32 using guiformat, formatted to use emunand with emunand9, injected old emunand with Emunand Tool, dragged-and-dropped old SD's contents, Menuhax booted, got into emunand 10.3 with Rxtools.

Installed a small cia to test if everything worked using Rxtools' injected-over-H&S FBI, installed just fine, went back to home menu and turned it off so I could load cias onto the SD card. Got into emunand again, loaded FBI, and now nothing installs. Every cia I've tried except Kid Icarus Uprising and Majora's Mask 3D returns this error:

Install failed!

Could not install app.

Raw Error: 0xc8e08001

Module: AM (0x20)

Level: Status (0x19)

Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)

Description: Unknown description (0x1)

And to top it all off attempting to leave my installed-cia version of FBI crashes the bloody thing, saying "An error has occurred" or that I've removed the SD card. Attempting to go back to the home menu results in an indefinite black screen.

Majora's Mask 3D goes through with the installation successfully, had its save backup restored and plays, Kid Icarus Uprising hangs at 0% for a few seconds and then says something about resources as though I've run out of SD space. Majora's Mask was installed on the old emunand but I deleted it and did a save-data backup so I could just reinstall it (moving from a 4GB to a 64GB, needed the space for the nand dump), Kid Icarus was not. First time I've ever run into this issue; I googled it and returned precisely one result, which was in this thread from somebody else that seemed to have been identified as an issue with firmlaunch, but the given fix of using Pasta to install to sysnand and then cloning sysnand to emunand did not work; the same error was returned even in Pasta.

BigBlueMenu reports that all the cias in my directory are invalid (including FBI!) save for Kid Icarus and Majora's Mask; BBM will attempt to install KI but then return an error that the cia's invalid and Majora's Mask I haven't attempted to gauge a response. I have absolutely no idea of what's going on, if it's bad hardware or if I've done something wrong, and I'd appreciate feedback or even a potential fix.

Last edited by KFC Double Down,

Strukken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need some help with FBI

FBI says: WIFI: Disconnected
on the top screen, but I am definitely connected to the internet on my 3ds

And when I press Y(receive an app over the network) it says: Failed to initialize socket. No such device.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Strukken,

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having some issue's here...

got myself a new SD card and everything is perfect, but when it comes to installing cia's, i get this as an error, while my old SD card doesn't give the error

Via FBI app installer
Install failed!
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL
Module: MODULE_NN_OS
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND

Via FBI HBL installer
Install failed!
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL
Module: MODULE_NN_OS
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND

Last edited by Demonslayerx8,
D

Deleted User

OP
Just want to report.
Current FBI can't delete installed .cia (use for installation) directly after installed it. FBI needs to close and then open it again.
Hope this fixed in future update.

Daniel Beltre

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I deleted a few of my games and made it so I have 10 GB of free space and tried to install Monster Hunter which is 2.5 Gb. I tried to install Bravely Default too which is just over 3 but it's still stuck at 0%.

I might invest in a larger sd card and maybe the issue will solve itself but not sure what to do.

You have to install from triangle icon....i had the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol