• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

BornSinner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, it needs to be FAT32 or the 3DS can't read it. A reformat (still on FAT32) might help.
I did a format but didn't fix anything, so i tried with a new SD card and now the problem disappeared.
My old card was a Lexar class 4 32GB SDHC, i wonder if it had compatibility issues with the 3ds or was simply faulty. Doesn't really matter anyways now, thanks for the help.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. However sometimes when i want to delete a single CIA, not "delete ALL CIAs inside the folder", it would tell me the file doesn't exist.
Then i refresh the list (go .. and back) it is really deleted. Looked through your code, and i still don't know why that happened.
BTW, if i tried to remove all CIA files, the result is success, as expected. Or else please add "updateList = true;" for failed route.
I have the same issue except going back and then back into the directory still shows the file I tried to delete. When I put the microSD card in my computer it shows that it was deleted.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have the same issue except going back and then back into the directory still shows the file I tried to delete. When I put the microSD card in my computer it shows that it was deleted.
What i used is FBI 1.4.1. Once in 1.3.8 i face similar issue as yours.
That's not so important, cause it is deleted already. However it is a bit confusing for users.

zomgteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm a bit new to this CFW thing, managed to get FBI working and it's great until now, apart from one small issue. One of the CIAs I tried to install has a little problem, it installs, it works, but it didn't create the "shortcut", so I can only launch it within FBI. The only problem about that is that the Home button crashes the 3DS, forcing me to reset, but I can play no problem. Everything else I installed created the shortcut. I've tried to reinstall, deleting 1st and overwriting as well, and neither created the shortcut.

It's a O3DS, 4.3 sysNAND, 9.8 emuNAND.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello. I'm a bit new to this CFW thing, managed to get FBI working and it's great until now, apart from one small issue. One of the CIAs I tried to install has a little problem, it installs, it works, but it didn't create the "shortcut", so I can only launch it within FBI. The only problem about that is that the Home button crashes the 3DS, forcing me to reset, but I can play no problem. Everything else I installed created the shortcut. I've tried to reinstall, deleting 1st and overwriting as well, and neither created the shortcut.

It's a O3DS, 4.3 sysNAND, 9.8 emuNAND.
Is it a game??

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Bravely Default US, Region Free. But I shouldn't (and until now, didn't) have any problems with regions (rxTools 2.6)

Do I lose anything by doing that? If not, I'll try it right away.
Your cias should be fine... but your titles might not be there... look it up first before you delete it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question, where can I get ALL rop chains for FBI?

zomgteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been looking, can't really find any info about it. I'll give it a try anyway, at most it's just the stuff I installed over this afternoon.

zomgteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your cias should be fine... but your titles might not be there... look it up first before you delete it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question, where can I get ALL rop chains for FBI?

So, it just deleted everything. I'll try to see if it fixed it at least. Thanks anyway mate :D

zomgteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:3 I hope it does. THE CIAS ARE STILL THERE. BUT THE TITLES ARE MISSING...

As far as I can tell, it deleted the installed CIAs as well when I rebuilt it inside the DS options. At least it didn't warn me that the CIA was already installed when I started the installation again (including the FBI.cia). I might be wrong though.

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
As far as I can tell, it deleted the installed CIAs as well when I rebuilt it inside the DS options. At least it didn't warn me that the CIA was already installed when I started the installation again (including the FBI.cia). I might be wrong though.
Go through the SD card in windows and go through the titles section... your titles should be there.

zomgteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go through the SD card in windows and go through the titles section... your titles should be there.

Unfortunately it didn't fix it. I still have no shortcut. The same seems to be happening with MK7.

Also, it deleted the titles after I rebuilt the title.db inside the DS Settings, and, they aren't in the SD so it probably deleted everything. It deleted the data from all my installations, it's just a time waste, not a big deal.

EDIT: A bit of an update. It's not an issue of the region. I tried around and some USA CIAs don't make the shortcut (MK7 and Bravery Default) others did (Pokemon Y), while every EU CIA I tried so far worked perfectly (tried only 2 though, so it shouldn't be that). I didn't install many, as it takes forever and I might have to delete everything again. I just find it odd that some work perfectly, while others don't, but that all of them run if I start them from FBI.

EDIT2: So, this is weird... I entered the amiibo menu, just because, left, and every single shortcut that was missing appeared. So, it's working, it's just weird as hell. Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited by zomgteh,

sabino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you play .cias on the fbi launcher. I lave the fbi channel on my 3ds from installing it with rx tools, but how do you play them on it? do I just put the .cia file it on the root of the sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol