• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

It works! Thank you.

Now the app runs, but when I try to install it gives me the following error.

That last error code is 0x6a btw... It doesn't show in the picture.

11l3884.jpg

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I was thinking that perhaps the .cia I'm trying to install isn't "legit." I did get it from that other site after all. Don't really know how "legit" their .cias are.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you guys just wait until [user]Steveice10[/user] implements the service patch in FBI itself or use a different version (.3ds .cia) if you can instead, or y'know a different cia installer altogether until then. :)

My version (which is the newest built from source) just gives me...
"Install failed!
Could not initialize AM service.
Press Start to continue."

When trying to install something. This is after running khax and service-patch, so something isn't doing its job somewhere. haha

D

Deleted User

OP
When trying to install mk7 ("Clean and legal rom") N3DS it comes up will all these errors such as "No database" and "Cannot install app".

Can someone please help?

"No database" means that the SD title database hasn't been created, I believe. You'll need to download something (even a demo) from the eShop, or do the trick where you create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files in "/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" on your SD card, open "Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software" in System Settings, and let it repair the files.

Of course, if you've already installed things before, I don't know why you would get this error.

It works! Thank you.

Now the app runs, but when I try to install it gives me the following error.

That last error code is 0x6a btw... It doesn't show in the picture.

-snip-

Signature checking failed. You can only install properly signed CIAs through FBI on Ninjhax since you aren't running in an environment with checks patched. Updating FBI with a proper message for this error code now.

Reactions: Margen67

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok tested uninstalling system apps. Seems to work now. (I uninstalled the Health & Safety title...because it's useless. :P )

However it looks like I have to exit and restart the app to see the change in the installed app list. It would still show the title I just uninstalled even though it's gone. I had to exit FBI and restart it to see the change. Might be an issue for those uinstalling multiple titles.

Of coarse the icon for the uninstalled title on the homemenu won't go away until you reboot the 3DS, but this is normal for system apps. You have to reboot to see the change in the home menu.

With this some folks can use this to downgrade any app they want. For example, uninstall System Settings and install a 6.x version to get MSET back. ;)

I wonder if uninstalling the DS Cart White List has the same effect as downgrading it...
what was the health and safety number and did you delete it from sys nand? is there a way we can grab a list for system title ID's

Trophies
XP
Country
"No database" means that the SD title database hasn't been created, I believe. You'll need to download something (even a demo) from the eShop, or do the trick where you create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files in "/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" on your SD card, open SD app management in System Settings, and let it repair the files.

Of course, if you've already installed things before, I don't know why you would get this error.

Signature checking failed. You can only install properly signed CIAs through FBI on Ninjhax since you aren't running in an environment with checks patched. Updating FBI with a proper message for this error code now.
I'll try that now, Thanks!

EDIT IT WORKED THANKS MAN I LOVE U LONG TIME I WANT YOUR BABIES NO KIDDING I LOVE YOU SO MCUH TUTS MY BARREH

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So what would you call a legit and legal cia? Argh! I'm so freaking confused.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what would you call a legit and legal cia? Argh! I'm so freaking confused.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Legit/legal .cias are .cias which Nintendo (rather foolishly) signed with the global console keys used for things like updates, so they work across all devices allowing you to effectively pirate those particular signed games even without signature checking removed.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I press R to switch to delete mode, nothing shows up. Libkhax shows "backdoor returned 6666abcd" and trying to install a cia shows "install failed! could not initialize AM service"
Any ideas?

yafeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, it's awesome !

But I can't install update for my Pokemon/Smash Bros. Aren't .cia updates dumped from eshop supposed to be legit .cia ?

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the Fatfile's FBI.CIA? it's on page 4, Just replace the FBI.3DSX with the Fatfile one.
When I press R to switch to delete mode, nothing shows up. Libkhax shows "backdoor returned 6666abcd" and trying to install a cia shows "install failed! could not initialize AM service"
Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!