• Start date
  • Views 1,506,798
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
Fair enough.

I turned off the only software based firewall I have, which is windows firewall, but I'll try messing around with my router's settings.

I'm just curious if anyone else can get sockfile to work with FBI installed in 4.5 (palantine) cfw? It seems like most of you guys are using CN/ninjhax and so I don't know if anyone else is trying FBI in cfw.

It's not exactly palantine CFW, but I can confirm it works in my Gateway emuNAND.

Joshtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fair enough.

I turned off the only software based firewall I have, which is windows firewall, but I'll try messing around with my router's settings.

I'm just curious if anyone else can get sockfile to work with FBI installed in 4.5 (palantine) cfw? It seems like most of you guys are using CN/ninjhax and so I don't know if anyone else is trying FBI in cfw.
I will try for you in 5 mins. Just need to get my other 3ds... haha Have 4 of them

Joshtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
On the left is n3ds ninjhax (3dsx). On the right we have o3ds 4.5 pcfw (CIA). Both are working with sockfile.jar
5h4A2g3.jpg

Reactions: BerserkLeon

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe in palentine, you might have to boot it with the L button held down, if it's anything like the old method of passing dev menu to it...I'm guessing the underlying methods are probably similar, but hopefully at least a little more stable.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the left is n3ds ninjhax (3dsx). On the right we have o3ds 4.5 pcfw (CIA). Both are working with sockfile.jar

Thanks for confirming it works. I really don't know what my issue could be, I turned windows firewall completely off, turned my router's firewalls completely off, and I've never had any issues in the past + ctrclient works fine.

I believe in palentine, you might have to boot it with the L button held down, if it's anything like the old method of passing dev menu to it...

I tried this with older builds, and I don't really think it should matter since FBI has its own network mode, but I was just wondering if you could confirm that you didn't have to do this, Joshtech?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirming it works. I really don't know what my issue could be, I turned windows firewall completely off, turned my router's firewalls completely off, and I've never had any issues in the past + ctrclient works fine.

I tried this with older builds, and I don't really think it should matter since FBI has its own network mode, but I was just wondering if you could confirm that you didn't have to do this, Joshtech?

If I recall, there's something broken with the networking in palentine by default, that specifically requires the L button mode to have to be enabled (it's some sort of unstable debug mode or so) to have files passed to it via the network...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can FBI launch things like DevMenu can? If not I suggest adding that feature. Also Left/Right D-PAD should move the bottom screen list down by 1 page at a time like BigRedMenu does. It would make navigating down a long list of installed titles/files much faster. This is especially an issue when going to uninstall NAND stuff because there's a crap ton of installed titles that show up for that and it's a pain going down one at a time to a title that is way down on the list.

Joshtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe in palentine, you might have to boot it with the L button held down, if it's anything like the old method of passing dev menu to it...I'm guessing the underlying methods are probably similar, but hopefully at least a little more stable.
If you were installing FBI as your first Cia installer, then yes. But I believe he already has a FBI installed. He's just tried to get sockfile to connect to to fbi.

EDIT: I didn't have to hold down L when I entered CFW.

Reactions: BerserkLeon
D

Deleted User

OP
Can FBI launch things like DevMenu can? If not I suggest adding that feature. Also Left/Right D-PAD should move the bottom screen list down by 1 page at a time like BigRedMenu does. It would make navigating down a long list of installed titles/files much faster. This is especially an issue when going to uninstall NAND stuff because there's a crap ton of installed titles that show up for that and it's a pain going down one at a time to a title that is way down on the list.

Sure, I can implement both of those.

D

Deleted User

OP
Can FBI possibly be made to access ctrnand/twlnand filesystem files directly for read/write? I don't know if that 's outside the scope of this project, but that would be awesome.

As far as I know, that requires ARM9 code execution, and FBI is an ARM11 usermode app (with, of course, some ARM11 kernel access on Ninjhax to gain access to the necessary services).

EDIT:

Features added, just uploaded a new release.

EDIT2: If you downloaded the new release, you should probably download again. Had to make a quick fix so it would scroll properly when it hit the bottom.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Very nice! I tested it. And found a minor bug. If I go to launch mode while still on SD destination (the mode where it lists installed SD content, it won't let me switch to NAND list when changing to NAND destination. Doing so does not refresh the list.

I have to first select install mode, then select NAND so that the list changes, then I can select launch mode to launch a system title.

Other then that it appears to work. :D

D

Deleted User

OP
Very nice! I tested it. And found a minor bug. If I go to launch mode while still on SD destination, it won't let me switch to NAND list when changing to NAND destination. I have to first select install or delete mode, then select NAND, then I can select launch mode if I want to launch a system title.

Other then that it appears to work. :D

Fixed, thanks for letting me know. Forgot to add launch mode to an if condition.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
How do we compile the source?
this post just fits your avatar so perfectly lol XD

open cmd in the FBI directory and type "make" :P
.....but first you need to make then make install steveice's "ctrcommon" library beforehand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: What are we playing today?