[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will check all that info and get back to you with an answer.

Now, let's focus on wiiflow. You said you "launched forwarders within wiiflow". How exactly did you do it?
On the willow menu go to plugins select. Select "Real Nand" and uncheck everything else. (EDIT to do that you need a real nand .ini file in your wiiflow plugins folder)
You should be presented with all channels from your system menu including your installed forwarder which you can now run from wiiflow.
edit: If you don't see your forwarder channel try reloading the wiiflow cache.

Last edited by templar701,
Reactions: impeeza

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the willow menu go to plugins select. Select "Real Nand" and uncheck everything else. You should be presented with all channels from your system menu including your installed forwarder which you can now run from wiiflow.
ok, man, thanx for the info, I will try that even though I think the result is going to be the same as with plugins. I mean, fakemote would work in the wiiflow menu but once i would launch genplus it would load normally (without fakemote support)... will see.

As for my setup,

1. I am on a modded wii (don't know what exactly you mean by vanilla)
2. Base iOS -58
3. Fakemote version - I am using the latest available, which is 0.5.1
4. GenplusGx version - also the latest version (don't know the number but it was released like 3 months ago)

One question though - how do I know what dx2 version I used to install fakemote?

Reactions: cheloruiz79

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak, yeah, I figured syscheck was in order, but anyway it's not necessary since I have some interesting developments here. So, @templar701, I downloaded the forwarder that you suggested and it worked! I tried like 3 different genplus forwarders and they all blackscreened me. Seriously, 3 or even more, so I thought it was impossible, but it turns out it is.

Now, fakemote works fine with genplus gx and I can use my PS3 controller to play genesis games. Gotta try that trick with other emulators too.

Anyway, @templar701 thanx for your help, you too @XFlak

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@XFlak, yeah, I figured syscheck was in order, but anyway it's not necessary since I have some interesting developments here. So, @templar701, I downloaded the forwarder that you suggested and it worked! I tried like 3 different genplus forwarders and they all blackscreened me. Seriously, 3 or even more, so I thought it was impossible, but it turns out it is.

Now, fakemote works fine with genplus gx and I can use my PS3 controller to play genesis games. Gotta try that trick with other emulators too.

Anyway, @templar701 thanx for your help, you too @XFlak
Awesome, hopefully there's a fair few that work, but if ever loaders such as wiiflow allow the setting of a cIOS when launching a dol/plugin, we might not need to use the forwarder trick!

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been messing around with emulators, trying to get Fakemote to work with them. It does work well with some of them, but with others it either doesn't work at all or works in some weird way. Like, for example, i got it working with Wiimednafen but when playing Turbografx 16 games my PS3 controller is recognized as player 2 while the Wiimote remains player 1, which means the Wiimote controls everything, (the emulator menu, the in-game menus, and all that) and I only get to control player 2 with the PS3 controller. A similar issue occurs with some Wii games when launched through loaders like WiiFlow or USB Loader GX.

Is there a way to switch Fakemote between player 1 and player 2?

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've been messing around with emulators, trying to get Fakemote to work with them. It does work well with some of them, but with others it either doesn't work at all or works in some weird way. Like, for example, i got it working with Wiimednafen but when playing Turbografx 16 games my PS3 controller is recognized as player 2 while the Wiimote remains player 1, which means the Wiimote controls everything, (the emulator menu, the in-game menus, and all that) and I only get to control player 2 with the PS3 controller. A similar issue occurs with some Wii games when launched through loaders like WiiFlow or USB Loader GX.

Is there a way to switch Fakemote between player 1 and player 2?
Nice, I've not tested but the only things I can suggest is:
- while in the system menu ensure FM controller is p1 and another controller (wiimote) is p2, then launch and see if order of controllers is held.
- play around with dis- connecting / re-connecting controllers while in emulator (or for wii games, press home button to bring up wii menu and re-connect controllers)
- check in emulator controller options to see if there is some kind of controller device switch (e.g. I think from memory genplus-gx had something like this)

Reactions: XFlak

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- check in emulator controller options to see if there is some kind of controller device switch (e.g. I think from memory genplus-gx had something like this)
I checked every setting in the controller options menu and unfortunately there's no such option in wiimednafen
- play around with dis- connecting / re-connecting controllers while in emulator (or for wii games, press home button to bring up wii menu and re-connect controllers)
you mean disconnecting/reconnecting my PS3 controller or the wimote?

- while in the system menu ensure FM controller is p1 and another controller (wiimote) is p2, then launch and see if order of controllers is held.

how do I do that? How do I switch FM controller to p1 in the system menu?

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you mean disconnecting/reconnecting my PS3 controller or the wimote?

Both
For an emulator - disconnect all controllers, wiimote (remove batteries), unplug usb from ds3. Then reconnect ds3 to usb first, then put batteries back into wiimote - The idea is to hope that the system allocates the ds3 controller to p1 first.
For a wii game - you can try as above, but you can also bring up the wii menu by pressing home and clicking "wi remote settings", disconnect all controllers by removing batteries and usb leads etc. Then reconnect controllers in the order you need.

how do I do that? How do I switch FM controller to p1 in the system menu?
Before booting up the wii ensure that all wiimotes are off and the only controller is your ds3 connected via usb. Your ds3 should be allocated to p1. Then while still in the system menu switch on wiimote, this should then be allocated to p2 signified by the 2nd blue light on the wiimote. Once your certain about the controller order fire up the emulator forwarder and see if the controller order holds over.

(All untested - I can't speak for using a ds3, but I know that a ds4 controller allows for connecting/reconnecting mid sesh most of the time)

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@templar701 ok, thanx dude, I will try that and report back ASAP
Post automatically merged:

unfortunately, it didn't work.

1. In wiimednafen: I disconnected all controllers, removed batteries from the wiimote, unpluged the ps3 controller, but when I plugged the ps3 controller back in it was still defined as p2 and i couldnt even control the emulator menu
2. In the system menu - it wouldn't even work since my wii's system menu is running under ios 249 or whatever (not 252 where i got Fakemote installed)

Last edited by cereal_killer,

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2. In the system menu - it wouldn't even work since my wii's system menu is running under ios 249 or whatever (not 252 where i got Fakemote installed)
How about putting the wii system menu into your fakemote cios252 using priiloader and test? The system menu should then respond to fakemote.

Reactions: impeeza

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try it with those. I don't even use them.

I use wiistation and it works fine with any hid controllers (I use PS4 and PS4 controllers for that one).

As for nintendont, I use it with pdp fight pad or whatever it's called which is similar to a gamecube controller, so no need fakemote for that one either.

Gotta try fakemote with not64 though.

Reactions: impeeza and XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @salazarcosplay Atleast it seems he got better +1