Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The BCSTM files this program makes are too large to use with the theme extdata tool. Why is this? I took an original wav file I exported from one of the official themes (Legend of Zelda theme) and converted back to BCSTm for comparison. The resulting file is twice as large as the original. So it's not doing something right. :(

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The BCSTM files this program makes are too large to use with the theme extdata tool. Why is this? I took an original wav file I exported from one of the official themes (Legend of Zelda theme) and converted back to BCSTm for comparison. The resulting file is twice as large as the original. So it's not doing something right. :(

It uses pcm16, while the original file used was probably DSPADPCM. I still need to implement DSPADPCM compression in EFE.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That would help out a lot. I have to cut my track down to 40 seconds to keep things small enough.

Also not sure if this can be fixed or not, but the resulting tracks don't loop. They just end and there forever be silence. :(

Yea, I know I need to implement loop support (read it from wav files).

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When will I be able to edit the .kmp to make my custom track (already inserted model + collisions working), because if I try to drive someweher, that was not there on the original track, the lacitu takes me back to the starting position.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When will I be able to edit the .kmp to make my custom track (already inserted model + collisions working), because if I try to drive someweher, that was not there on the original track, the lacitu takes me back to the starting position.

I know. I need to implement kmp saving and moving points on the map.
I click on the exe and it doesn't seem to run. Using Windows 8 (NOT 8.1!) 64bit OS

Did you unblock the zip?

aldelaro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

I;m new on this forum and first, I would like to thank you for this tool as it allowed me to rip 287 bcstm files from sticker star :)

However, the textures (or maybe models?) is another thing. There's a bunch of .bcrez (not bcres) files in a folder called grpahics which makes me obvious that there's at least textures in those.

Using an hex editor, I see the header being CGFX so I tried to open the file using EFE and it returns me an error saying even though it detected the CGFX type, there's no "DATA" at 0x00000014 and it is the case if I check using an hex editor.

Question: how can I rip data from these?

It's like, is it really a cgfx and if it is, does this tool supports them?

For references, here's an header of one of these files:

Screenshot from 2015-01-16 01:09:00.png

Thanks!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!

I;m new on this forum and first, I would like to thank you for this tool as it allowed me to rip 287 bcstm files from sticker star :)

However, the textures (or maybe models?) is another thing. There's a bunch of .bcrez (not bcres) files in a folder called grpahics which makes me obvious that there's at least textures in those.

Using an hex editor, I see the header being CGFX so I tried to open the file using EFE and it returns me an error saying even though it detected the CGFX type, there's no "DATA" at 0x00000014 and it is the case if I check using an hex editor.

Question: how can I rip data from these?

It's like, is it really a cgfx and if it is, does this tool supports them?

For references, here's an header of one of these files:

View attachment 14435

Thanks!

Interesting. It looks compressed somehow. (that would explain bcrez z = lz or something) But even if it would be compressed, the D of DATA should be somewhere for the ATA part. Also, it doesn't seem to have a compression header. Could you send me some of them?

aldelaro5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. It looks compressed somehow. (that would explain bcrez z = lz or something) But even if it would be compressed, the D of DATA should be somewhere for the ATA part. Also, it doesn't seem to have a compression header. Could you send me some of them?

Fine, I actually uploaded the whole folder compressed so you have pretty much all the files that interest me but the link is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5qrus6rsf6jzuq/Graphics.7z?dl=0

I also do this because I realized that the ATA part was inconsistent....sometime it doesn't appear at the same place, but it does seem to be there a lot of time.

Hope it will be useful. I have reasons to think this game would have unused contents so, I can;t wait to have them :)

Oh and I almost forgot while I'm there, I had a bcsar file which probably contains sounds and when I open it with EFE, it does read and even open, but I get a window with nothing in it so I guess it can't find the audio?

Because the thing is this file was near another which was a csid file and you could open it in a standard text editor (I believe it actually contains just text) and it seems you need this to have the filename of the bcsar....

I have another link with both the bcsar and the csid if you could check them. The csid doesn't do enything on EFE, but the bcsar does read and open with no audio listed (is it actually supposed to have a list or something?).

Anyway, here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y91yrfd0hfded4/sound.7z?dl=0

Again, thanks!

EDIT: I just realised that the csid file might just be relevant for the bcstm files which i already ripped succesfully. I can tell you this because the name of the music file are the same as the music files which I haven't included. Still idk why the bcsar wouldn't list anything....

D

Deleted User

I just wanted to ask if you happened to look at the Fantasy Life ztex,mdl or pak files at all, not asking if they're supported by the tool yet, just if you've generally been able to figure anything out with them.
Same question with the Youkai Watch or Final Fantasy Explorers stuff really.

Finally, I'd like to ask if you've any plans to add batching to the tool, converting lets say 100 models takes a while, as does hundreds of textures, being able to batch convert all files in a folder would be really helpful for those of us doing many conversions.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fine, I actually uploaded the whole folder compressed so you have pretty much all the files that interest me but the link is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5qrus6rsf6jzuq/Graphics.7z?dl=0

I also do this because I realized that the ATA part was inconsistent....sometime it doesn't appear at the same place, but it does seem to be there a lot of time.

Hope it will be useful. I have reasons to think this game would have unused contents so, I can;t wait to have them :)

Oh and I almost forgot while I'm there, I had a bcsar file which probably contains sounds and when I open it with EFE, it does read and even open, but I get a window with nothing in it so I guess it can't find the audio?

Because the thing is this file was near another which was a csid file and you could open it in a standard text editor (I believe it actually contains just text) and it seems you need this to have the filename of the bcsar....

I have another link with both the bcsar and the csid if you could check them. The csid doesn't do enything on EFE, but the bcsar does read and open with no audio listed (is it actually supposed to have a list or something?).

Anyway, here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y91yrfd0hfded4/sound.7z?dl=0

Again, thanks!

EDIT: I just realised that the csid file might just be relevant for the bcstm files which i already ripped succesfully. I can tell you this because the name of the music file are the same as the music files which I haven't included. Still idk why the bcsar wouldn't list anything....
Thanks!

I started working on bcsar, but it is not finished yet. That's why it shows you an empty window.

I just wanted to ask if you happened to look at the Fantasy Life ztex,mdl or pak files at all, not asking if they're supported by the tool yet, just if you've generally been able to figure anything out with them.
Same question with the Youkai Watch or Final Fantasy Explorers stuff really.

Finally, I'd like to ask if you've any plans to add batching to the tool, converting lets say 100 models takes a while, as does hundreds of textures, being able to batch convert all files in a folder would be really helpful for those of us doing many conversions.

Maybe I can make something like scripts or something, but I do not know yet how I should implement that. For example CGFX does not support conversion anymore using the IConvertable interface (because it may not contain a model or multiple model). So maybe I need to make something to register commands or something. And then on the top of the script: using blablablaplugin; that kind of stuff.

D

Deleted User

Thanks!
Maybe I can make something like scripts or something, but I do not know yet how I should implement that. For example CGFX does not support conversion anymore using the IConvertable interface (because it may not contain a model or multiple model). So maybe I need to make something to register commands or something. And then on the top of the script: using blablablaplugin; that kind of stuff.

Yeah I've got no idea how you'd go about it unfortunately, one way of doing it would be via the command line instead of accessing the GUI itself, I see that way being a little easier.

Also, according to a post by "anibad" here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract...es-from-3ds-games.370788/page-18#post-5280740 the model files in Fantasy Life are simply CGFX files with a custom header, though I ran a few tests replacing the header and couldn't get it to work, but I'm almost certainly doing something wrong as I only replaced the first 3 lines in a hex editor, also tried replacing only the first 4 letters/numbers but still didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa