Homebrew [RELEASE] DSi Homebrew Guide Website!

JohnSmith41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To boot your NAND, you need the DSi Footer Template, found at:
https://my.mixtape.moe/tswcip.bin
Open it with a hex editor, replace A with your CID, and B with your consoleID. Now, the console ID is intended to be stored in little endian, and the byte order is supposed to be swapped (so AB CD EF would be EF CD AB).
Take the now completed footer template and paste it on the bottom of your encrypted NAND, save it as DSi-1.mmc in the No$GBA directory, make sure you have the two DSi BIOS files in there as well.
Run No$GBA, go into options > emulation setup, change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA/NDS BIOS, change the NDS Mode/Colors to DSi (retail/16MB), and hit Save. Now load up a .nds, and you should boot into your NAND.

This is as far as I have gotten. When I try to boot, I get the Error: 1-2435-8325.
EDIT: I got it! I think I just entered in the ConsoleID wrong. My NAND booted successfully.

Last edited by JohnSmith41,

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To boot your NAND, you need the DSi Footer Template, found at:
https://my.mixtape.moe/tswcip.bin
Open it with a hex editor, replace A with your CID, and B with your consoleID. Now, the console ID is intended to be stored in little endian, and the byte order is supposed to be swapped (so AB CD EF would be EF CD AB).
Take the now completed footer template and paste it on the bottom of your encrypted NAND, save it as DSi-1.mmc in the No$GBA directory, make sure you have the two DSi BIOS files in there as well.
Run No$GBA, go into options > emulation setup, change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA/NDS BIOS, change the NDS Mode/Colors to DSi (retail/16MB), and hit Save. Now load up a .nds, and you should boot into your NAND.

This is as far as I have gotten. When I try to boot, I get the Error: 1-2435-8325.
EDIT: I got it! I think I just entered in the ConsoleID wrong. My NAND booted successfully.

Yup Had the same error until I swapped the console ID like you said. Thanks :D

JohnSmith41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did all the steps, but when I load the nand in NoGba, it still says it's 1.4.5 :(
The same happened to me, I think that is intentional, although it would be nice if someone could confirm.
I will test soon nogba work on wine ubuntu
I don't think OSFMount works on Linux. There are ways to mount images using the command line, but I would suggest using a Windows VM to avoid possible bricks.

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think OSFMount works on Linux. There are ways to mount images using the command line, but I would suggest using a Windows VM to avoid possible bricks.
Right click → Mount image file

I would test it myself if I could, but I need to downgrade my DSi first and there's no Flipnote Studio hack for EUR consoles yet.

Last edited by nastys,

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wasn't aware you could do that in Ubuntu. Then again, I wanted to follow everything carefully, so I used Windows. Does it mount all 3 partitions, or just the main one?
It should mount all three partitions. If it doesn't then it should mount it as a loop device and then the partitions can be mounted using (GNOME) Disks.
I'll try it as soon as I find a way to dump my keys and NAND.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The same happened to me, I think that is intentional, although it would be nice if someone could confirm.

i have furious mount image for linux is good ?

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have a bug with flipnote hax on the step for paste 122 times when i paste one time on the second frame it freeze

JohnSmith41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a bug with flipnote hax on the step for paste 122 times when i paste one time on the second frame it freeze
You did start pasting on the third slide, and then delete and paste on second, correct?
Wouldn't you still need to dump the required keys first?
You can dump the CID with a copy of The Biggest Loser and a hacked save, but you need a DSiWare title to move onto the SD card to get the ConsoleID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy