Homebrew [RELEASE] DSi Homebrew Guide Website!

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I haven't tried TWLnf yet because of the warning that DSi NAND mounting hasn't been tested yet. Have the scripts for downgrading and installing DSiWare directly on the console been tested? Also, does the DSiWare installation script hace checks to make sure the launcher won't go over the maximum amount of blocks allowed for DSiWare?

Just to clarify, I don't mean to be picky, I just want to make sure the "too many blocks" edge case has been accounted for and that writing to the NAND on the console had been tested. If that's the case, I'll work on adding it to the guide.
Yes it's not tested much, as you can see there aren't too many people in this forum, I myself tested it, I know Lyrin tested DSiWare install, that's about it.

Let's continue the "too many blocks" discussion in the other thread.

D

Deleted-394630

Why does the site no longer tell how to downgrade to 1.4 using 4SwordsHax or FieldrunnerHax?

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Whats the difference between downgrading with ugopwn vs ugopwn + twlnf?

That is when that section comes out. You should be a bit more proactive with the site, but that is just me.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is when that section comes out. You should be a bit more proactive with the site, but that is just me.
You're absolutely right on that part- I'm planning on fixing all the issues and discrepancies with the site in a few days. Make sure to submit all the issues to the github!

myanpezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

using ugopwn with twlnf wont need to reflash the whole nand chip when you decide to downgrade (i think, although correct me if i'm wrong)
using ugopwn only with probably fwtool it'll rewrite the whole nandchip and you'll need to dump nand > decrypt > edit > re-encrypt > test nand on no$gba > remove footer from edited nand > restore firmware/ flash.

D

Deleted-394630

Those are hard to come by, over 50% of dsi users have flipnote vs. The ~1k that have other entrypoints. We can add that in as an alternative, but it won't be useful to most.
Regards,
-Luke
It's still very useful if you have a DSi with 4Swords or Fieldrunners that does not have Flipnote. (Rare but it happens)
I think we need all the entrypoints we can get once the re-download section shuts down. If not, people will give up, format their DSi, and sell it on Ebay, which will delete all exploitable games that cannot be re-downloaded, losing all hope of ever downgrading. Since there's no possibility of increasing the amount of vulnerable consoles, we have to preserve as much as we can. On January 1st, re-downloading Flipnote will become impossible (I think) and that's it, the numbers just drop from there, system after system locked away from exploits, and many will not have a chance to see the homebrew scene (and pirate, but that's a different story) this will be the only way to keep the system and DSiware still slightly relevant. This is a whole community that will die if there isn't a way to run it unofficially.

Reactions: pietempgba

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a DSi with Firmware v1.4 EUR and Flipnote Studio here, is there already a way to exploit that without hardmod? It seems that part of the guide is not writen, yet.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a DSi with Firmware v1.4 EUR and Flipnote Studio here, is there already a way to exploit that without hardmod? It seems that part of the guide is not writen, yet.
Yep, but you have no need to downgrade. You can use flipnotehax to do things like install other dsiware, but otherwise, HiyaCFW has not released yet. Were you looking to install dsiware?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I"m not sure, but in my case I"m already unable to redownload Flipnote Studio since it doesn"t appear in my Download List(but I already have it downloaded and I have backups of it too); I"m not sure if this an special case, something with the American DSi Shop or with the consoles that came with Flipnote Studio preinstalled.

Last edited by Clector,
D

Deleted-394630

I"m not sure, but in my case I"m already unable to redownlaoded Flipnote Studio since it doesn"t appear in my Download List(but I already have it downloaded and I have backups of it too); I"m not sure if this an special case, something with the American DSi Shop or with the consoles that came with Flipnote Studio preinstalled.
If it came preinstalled, you cannot re-download it, I'd recommend at least 2 backups on different drives, you do not want to lose your entrypoint.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, but you have no need to downgrade. You can use flipnotehax to do things like install other dsiware, but otherwise, HiyaCFW has not released yet. Were you looking to install dsiware?

I'd like to install/start any CFW or Launcher that is possible at the moment. Could SRLoader be an option?

Installing DSiWare would also be cool. Basically I just want to get into DSi hacking without bricking the DSi and/or doing a hardmod. I've also got a M3i Zero flashcart at hand.

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: razinx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I use to have a guy for that thanks richard