Release date for tactical RPG 'Circus Electrique' announced

circus electrique.jpg

After the gameplay video for Circus Electrique the upcoming, steampunk-themed game from developer Zen Studios was aired last month, we now have an official release date for the game. Starting early September, gamers will be able to defend a steampunk version of Victorian London with the peculiar abilities of their carnival crusaders.

Named for the greatest show in Victorian London, Circus Electrique is part story-driven RPG, part tactics and circus management game, and completely enthralling – all with a steampunk twist. Defend the city with the unique talents of your carnival crusaders. Recruit new entertainers, strategically juggle their positioning and abilities in battle, and more, all while keeping the circus up and running with new shows.

Your unlikely heroes will face off in tactical turn-based battles against Bobbies and British Sailors gone bad, aggressive Posh Girls, the occasional menacing Mime or Robobear, and other over-the-top Victorian archetypes across six sprawling districts. The game’s intricate Devotion system influences your characters’ morale and performance both in battle and in the actual circus shows you’ll manage.

Key features Circus Electrique include:
  • Electrifying RPG Combat: Assemble an amazing team of heroes from 15 playable archetypes like Strongmen, Fire Blowers, Escape Artists, Clowns, and other classic circus performers, each offering a deep variety of tactical skills and decisions in battle. Balance their positioning and abilities strategically to overcome whatever challenges you may encounter.
  • A Circus Like No Other: Immerse yourself in a striking world and story based on vintage circus posters, Victorian-era archetypes and classic steampunk charm.
  • Manage the Greatest Show in Steampunk London: The show must go on! Rebuild the circus to its former glory and beyond, recruiting and training the most talented performers from around the world. Their skill, chemistry with one another, and overall Devotion combine to determine the success of each show – and you’ll need every shilling you can get to keep the lights on.
Circus Electrique will launch this September 6, on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam and EGS).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
With that title I was honestly expecting a Cirque du Soleil inspiration, instead we get the most generic looking Steampunk game with the art style that looks straight up taken from those countless ads for mobile games of very similar UI layouts.

In a more serious note, looks nice but I don't see much appeal to this, unless of course the story behind this one is actually well written and worth getting absorbed into.

Reactions: CoolMe

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was hoping a Carnivale kind of thing.
More steampunk is default setting or independent developers, like zombies are for big studios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...