OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.leussink.be
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiGater has released a new Nintendo Wii customization program named "cBoot2".

cBoot2 is a patched Boot2. You should be able to install a patched IOS if Bootmii is installed at boot2 location. You need to remove the GC memory card from slot 2 if you run this. Note: This package is only needed for people, who have updated without return and lost all downgrade capabilities. You will need a boot1 with a sign bug to use it. Purpose: Start patched IOS without installing using Bootmii loader. The original Bootmii doesn't support to modify the file system. With this package you get around this problem.

Source: Tehskeen

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol so Tehskeen is still going after all that drama
tongue.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Um sorry to mention this but source TehSkeen ??
Their source was here if you check the dates and times btw.

WiiGator announced it here on his blog yesterday.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156199

I didn't bother copying and pasting from one bit of the site to the other because that would be dumb, some people here need to realise that the Hacking Sub Forum is not the whole site. Check the Index from time to time, you'd be surprised that there are more forums here than this one.

On that note, people reading this stop posting backup loader, emulator and homebrew stuff in the hacking section, the staff just end up needing to move it and it takes time outta their busy days of collecting cacti pics and girly avatars.
tongue.gif

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, this just enables BootMii to install patched IOS files, cIOS etc.
The benefits would be in case something ever happens, you delete a specific IOS file, you can reinstall fine?
Also, I think some LU64+ users had trouble installing any IOS files, so this would help them too, if I'm right.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SFenton said:
Ah, for the noobs:

Idon'tgetitwhatdoesit do

In English:

Will you please explain what it does and the benefits over BootMii?

Read the readme. If you have BootMii as boot2, you can launch(NOT INSTALL) an IOS that is able to install and delete other IOS.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
SFenton said:
Ah, for the noobs:

Idon'tgetitwhatdoesit do

In English:

Will you please explain what it does and the benefits over BootMii?

WiiGators blog explains it all, if you don't understand what he explains, this app is not for you.
No point in continuing this in this topic, use WiiGators blog to save the guy time needing to check multiple places.

/me uses jedi mind powers to lock this thread
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've followed up on the thread in WiiGator's blog but haven't seen this question be answered yet. Can one run cboot2 to install the LU64 fix on a 4.0 LU64 Wii? I don't see why it shouldn't work since this works with BootMii-IOS now, unless LU64+'s still can't install BootMii even with Beta 2. I still don't know the status of that either lolz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...