Hacking [Release] CPU Clock Configure Plugin for NTR CFW (New3DS Only)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So nearly 3 times as fast. Great so in theory games running around 30fps now should be ok

Makes me want to try it on Rayman 2, as I recall, thus launch title looked just like the original, but wasn't programmed properly for the port to the 3DS and as I understand it, the frame rate was terrible, which is a shame since it's a great game, think I'll try into night after work.

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CPU Clock.png
Screenshot of the NTR CFW CPU clock menu, I can confirm that it loads Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon much faster and makes it lag less

Reactions: memomo and Margen67

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try to boot NTR after themehax + cfw cakes on n3ds.

but it always fails at "freeing memory" - btw the ntr cfw works well if loaded from untouched sysnand.

any solution?

Just turn off your system completely and start the boot process from the beginning again. Happens sometimes to me, I think due to something I may have opened before NTR, though I'm not 100% sure on that. But yeah, just try loading everything agin and you should have some luck.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, imagine this in tandem with emulation (if that can be done)...

Retroarch 3DS runs at 804mhz by default on all cores. This will not change performance.

Well that's discouraging for future performance upgrades.

Useless for emulation, got it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Margen67

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon Gen VI games are just poorly optimized in general and this only confirms it. They need to take some lessons from Level 5 on how to code. All battles in Yokai Watch are basically pokemon horde battles and they look gorgeous and run flawlessly in 3D.

Anyways going off-topic. Awesome plugin!
I think I heard somewhere the main issue with gen 6 battles is that the pokemon models are FAR too detailed. They're so detailed it slows the game down to render them, but you don't even really notice the high poly count on the 3DS screen.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I heard somewhere the main issue with gen 6 battles is that the pokemon models are FAR too detailed. They're so detailed it slows the game down to render them, but you don't even really notice the high poly count on the 3DS screen.
This, and I believe they wait for vsync per side rendered for 3D (rather than rendering both and then vsyncing), so the framerate is halved from what is already 30 down to 15, which looks horrid. Although it could also just be that the rendering time just kills it too, so idk.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,
Reactions: Margen67

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LinkmstrYT I'm sorry, I'm a bit lost. I can use this plugin on NTR, use reinand and it will still be applied?
You can use NTR CFW with other CFWs at the same time. You just have to run a different CFW first (RxTools or ReiNAND) and then run the installed .cia of NTR CFW.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can I get this to work? I put the cpuclock.plg in /plugin/game but no additional menu shows up in any game I run. I thought NTR required game id folders for plug-ins to work? The screen flashed green during boot-up of Pokémon X if that's of any use.

Last edited by rctgamer3,

HighMans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use NTR CFW with other CFWs at the same time. You just have to run a different CFW first (RxTools or ReiNAND) and then run the installed .cia of NTR CFW.

Where is the cia version of NTR CFW? (New 3DS) and will I be able to run CIA's in this other CFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==