ROM Hack [Release] CPS Forwarder Creator

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Sakitoshi, love your work! Could you please add a turbo option to this like the Neo-Geo version has? I normally map it as ZR on Retroarch. It really helps for shmups.

ss213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey Sakitoshi!! Thanks a lot for your forwarders, they are a must use for emulation on 3ds.

I would also like to create cias from some Sega and Konami arcade games, so I was wondering if there is any way to change the emulator core of the injector so it uses FBA (or FBANeo or MAME) instead of FBA-CPS1/2 .

I'm not sure if it is even posible, but my guess is that by changing the code of the core for the code of another core it should be possible.

Is my guess on the right direction or is it a lot more work than just that?

Reactions: mashimus

ngoanrazor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me, I don't know why all game create from Forwarder Creator (CPS, PS1) after installed, my button on N3DS when play that games not working

Last edited by ngoanrazor,
D

Deleted User

Thank you for this; it works like a dream and is a great value addition to the New 3DS XL.

I'm not keen on playing Head-to-Head Fighting Games on my handheld for the sake of my controllers, so my CP1 and CP2 titles are Beat 'em ups, Shoot 'em ups on landscape orientation and Platformers. On all these genres I'm getting more than adequate gameplay FPS.

I would like to add that I'm using Merged ROMsets for the MAME 0.223 which is from 2020 but, at the time of writing, is 2 Releases old.

cibine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
is there a way to remap buttons ? I convert street fighter alpha 3, cps2 game

I modify retroarch.cfg in folder CPS Forwarder Creator\tools\assets_cps2 , swaping letters assign to each button , but it didnt change anything. is there an automated mapping that pass over this settings, or i m modifying wrong settings ?

input_player1_x = "a"
input_player1_y = "q"
input_player1_l = "s"

input_player1_a = "z"
input_player1_b = "w"
input_player1_r = "x"

on new 3ds xl, if you want full screen 16/9 and not 4/3 with borders, change lines in retroarch.cfg according to this

video_aspect_ratio_auto = "false"
video_windowed_fullscreen = "false"
video_crop_overscan = "true"
video_scale_integer = "false"
aspect_ratio_index = "2" ;0=4:3 6=3:2

Last edited by cibine,

cibine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
ok i found a way to remap 3ds button, 3ds button refer as 0, 1,8,9 for a,b,x,y(not in that order) and l,r as 10,11, no idea which number for zl and zr, so you have to put according button number in the bracket of the corresponding button in retroarch config file, you can find it in CPS Forwarder Creator 1.5.3\tools\assets_cps1\retroarch.cfg for cps1 game or CPS Forwarder Creator 1.5.3\tools\assets_cps2\retroarch.cfg for cps2 game.

as exemple for street fighter, I switch L/R button with with Y/B (low punch/kick), so i change mapping like this

input_player1_b_btn = "11"
input_player1_y_btn = "10"
input_player1_a_btn = "8"
input_player1_x_btn = "9"
input_player1_l_btn = "1"
input_player1_r_btn = "0"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1