[RELEASE] Clipnote studio, a Flipnote alternative for PC

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Thedge, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Thedge
    OP

Thedge Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Clipnote Studio

I've been working on this software for the past few months, now I'm finally almost ready to release it.
    Clipnote studio is an alternative to the now defunct animation software for the DS, Flipnote studio by Nintendo.
    The software is fairly feature complete, and I hope to add on more to it in the future.
    Release date is set for April 15th. if you're interested, feel free to check out the discord.

Clipnote Website
    Clipnote Discord

Itch.io page
    I really hope this is the right place to post this, if I messed up anything with the post please tell me, I'm primarily a lurker.

2. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Seems interesting... Don't think I've ever heard of a fangame(?) quite like this before.

3. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot A Nintendo DSi-madman (and yet he doesn’t code)

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    This looks... amazing! I'm surprised this program hasn't hit its big time yet.

4. QuazaRayy

QuazaRayy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    England
    If you still aren't thinking this is a good clone/alternative, you can actually convert Flipnotes into Clipnotes and (using my methods, I'm DarkAsparagus aka CeleZayne on the twitties) can potentially convert MP4 files and other video files into Clipnotes.

5. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Really? I'd love to see a demonstration of this.

6. QuazaRayy

QuazaRayy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    England
  7. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot A Nintendo DSi-madman (and yet he doesn’t code)

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That means that Sudomemo support wouldn't be so hard at all! It's just bringing a link between Clipnote and the Sudomemo servers.

8. Thedge
    OP

Thedge Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    the current flipnote to clipnote converter james made allows converting flipnotes straight from IPGflip and kaeru world gallery, however getting sudofox on board to partner with me has been difficult to say the least. i would like to have access to the flipnotes on sudomemo and be able to convert them to clipnotes directly since sudomemo is probably the largest source for flipnote content currently, but we need permission from austin.

Trash_Bandatcoot likes this.
  9. Homebr3w

Homebr3w Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2019
    United States
    Wow. this is pretty cool! I have really fond memories of going on Flipnote on my DSi (this was sadly lost in a move) with my friends and seeing who could make the best animation or sometimes on road trips, I'd spend a portion of the time making a big long animation. If I ever wanted to play Flipnote, I'd just use an emulator but this is a really cool project! It's nice seeing someone trying and succeeding to make a good Flipnote and very soon, I'll probably buy a license. Good job on this!