Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I know development has been slow, but hopefully everyone is enjoying the current release of CIAngel :)
I just wanted to give a big thank you to all of our users, we just recently hit 15,000 downloads on the latest version :D

YfEGo8i.png

CIAngel may not look pretty, but thanks for taking the time to download it, and I hope everyone is enjoying their games, DLC, and updates ;)

Its a spectacular app. Well done, and thank you!

Reactions: Drakia and cearp

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I know development has been slow, but hopefully everyone is enjoying the current release of CIAngel :)
I just wanted to give a big thank you to all of our users, we just recently hit 15,000 downloads on the latest version :D

YfEGo8i.png

CIAngel may not look pretty, but thanks for taking the time to download it, and I hope everyone is enjoying their games, DLC, and updates ;)
Thank you! I was too lasy to discover new games lately, but this angel changed everything for me. Never been so easy to get games, thank you!

gordesky1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this really is nice:) one thing i hated is going to sites on my pc and trying to find a safe download with out any viruses..

SEAgreen206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2ds always freezes during cia install/download (this happens with freeShop too). I can put .cia files on my sd and install them with FBI no problem, however. Any clue what's causing this?

Edit: I'm on a9lh Luma updated sysNAND 11.0

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 2ds always freezes during cia install/download (this happens with freeShop too). I can put .cia files on my sd and install them with FBI no problem, however. Any clue what's causing this?

Edit: I'm on a9lh Luma updated sysNAND 11.0
I haven't heard of freezes on 2DS, but I know on the N3DS there's an issue with a lot of homebrew where the UI freezes for one reason or another during long tasks (Installing CIAs mostly). Nobody has managed to figure out why as far as I know.

Freezes are tough to track down, especially since I only have an o3ds, so I can't do any sort of testing to try and duplicate it :(

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, could I get some help here?
Does this not work with NASA or something? (FBI doesn't seem to load... just a black screen)
When I install the .cia, it doesn't show up with gridlauncher OR on my homemenu.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, could I get some help here?
Does this not work with NASA or something? (FBI doesn't seem to load... just a black screen)
When I install the .cia, it doesn't show up with gridlauncher OR on my homemenu.
Are you running CFW with signature patching?
What type of 3DS do you have?
What firmware version are you on?

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running CFW with signature patching?
What type of 3DS do you have?
What firmware version are you on?

Okay, bear with me here. Could you briefly explain what cfw/signature patching is?
I'm running N3DS Version 10.7.0-32U

EDIT: Obviously I am not running CFW if I don't know what it is, but I'm assuming it has something to do with flashcarts? One of those I do not have.

Last edited by Biovirulent,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Obviously I am not running CFW if I don't know what it is, but I'm assuming it has something to do with flashcarts? One of those I do not have.
Custom FirmWare, e.g. Luma3DS, Cakes, etc.

The CIAs generated/installed by CIAngel are unsigned, so you must have CFW in order to run them. (That includes CIAngel's .cia as well.)

Use this guide for installing CFW and arm9loaderhax: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/

Note that since you have 10.7, you will need one of the following games on cartridge:
  • Cubic Ninja
  • Freakyforms Deluxe
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (New3DS only)
  • Ocarina of Time 3D + PowerSaves or an already-hacked 3DS
  • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon + an already-hacked 3DS
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire + an already-hacked 3DS

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom FirmWare, e.g. Luma3DS, Cakes, etc.

The CIAs generated/installed by CIAngel are unsigned, so you must have CFW in order to run them. (That includes CIAngel's .cia as well.)

Use this guide for installing CFW and arm9loaderhax: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/

Note that since you have 10.7, you will need one of the following games on cartridge:
  • Cubic Ninja
  • Freakyforms Deluxe
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (New3DS only)
  • Ocarina of Time 3D + PowerSaves or an already-hacked 3DS
  • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon + an already-hacked 3DS
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire + an already-hacked 3DS

Okay, thank you. I will read up on the guide. I have OoT3Dhax.

EDIT: It seems I have to downgrade to install CFW? It says I won't lose anything, but can I be certain? And would my current homebrew boot work in the downgrade?

Last edited by Biovirulent,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, thank you. I will read up on the guide. I have OoT3Dhax.

EDIT: It seems I have to downgrade to install CFW? It says I won't lose anything, but can I be certain? And would my current homebrew boot work in the downgrade?
I haven't personally installed CFW in a while now, so I can't really answer questions pertaining to it. I'd recommend starting a new thread to get help with it though, as it doesn't really relate to CIAngel in itself.

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't personally installed CFW in a while now, so I can't really answer questions pertaining to it. I'd recommend starting a new thread to get help with it though, as it doesn't really relate to CIAngel in itself.

Good point. Thank you for your help anyhow. I might drop it, the risk of bricking is a little too much risk for me.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

YfEGo8i.png

CIAngel is great. It's simple and to the point. Also i really like the feature of creating .cia files for games, updates, and dlc and also out of region files which i personally like to do.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: Drakia

hbk007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, there are some games I havent been able to find searching with CIAngel and Freeshop. Is this because they havent been added to the list yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto