Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've installed a bunch of arbitrary CIAs and they all work, but Kirby Robobot doesn't boot for me. Loops on 3DS screen, and won't download a seed in FBI. Is it because I didn't visit the eshop for this title?

Edit: Visited the eShop and now the icon just says it's locked for 7 days. Maybe Nintendo's doing something to prevent people from doing this for preloaded games?

Anyhow, thanks for all the other stuff.

Last edited by kidasquid,

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
So I've installed a bunch of arbitrary CIAs and they all work, but Kirby Robobot doesn't boot for me. Loops on 3DS screen, and won't download a seed in FBI. Is it because I didn't visit the eshop for this title?

Edit: Visited the eShop and now the icon just says it's locked for 7 days. Maybe Nintendo's doing something to prevent people from doing this for preloaded games?

Anyhow, thanks for all the other stuff.
Same exact behavior for me as well... Must be something on Nintendo's end to prevent us from playing the game early.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best guess in regards to Kirby Robobot is Nintendo doing something to lock it down. I haven't looked at that game in specific, but it being a pre-release may cause some issues.

If you visit the eShop page and can get the seed (And the you have to wait screen), you may be able to launch it using FBI's Title Launcher, I think I saw someone was able to do that in another thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@kidasquid @tiduscrying Looks like Nintendo may have caught on to some of this SeedDB stuff we've been doing. The seed server we're using is returning a 404 when requesting this games seed with US as the country, but not with JP.

Reactions: tiduscrying

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best guess in regards to Kirby Robobot is Nintendo doing something to lock it down. I haven't looked at that game in specific, but it being a pre-release may cause some issues.

If you visit the eShop page and can get the seed (And the you have to wait screen), you may be able to launch it using FBI's Title Launcher, I think I saw someone was able to do that in another thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@kidasquid @tiduscrying Looks like Nintendo may have caught on to some of this SeedDB stuff we've been doing. The seed server we're using is returning a 404 when requesting this games seed with US as the country, but not with JP.

Clever Girl, Nintendo.

Question: How soon are you going to hot fix it so we can get our seeds?!?!?! </s>

In all seriousness, if Nintendo's going to do this going forward, would you consider letting you change the country for seed downloads in the future, in case this happens again? I mean on the future plans for the software, not in the 7 days it takes for Kirby to unlock.

Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clever Girl, Nintendo.

Question: How soon are you going to hot fix it so we can get our seeds?!?!?! </s>

In all seriousness, if Nintendo's going to do this going forward, would you consider letting you change the country for seed downloads in the future, in case this happens again? I mean on the future plans for the software, not in the 7 days it takes for Kirby to unlock.
No idea when I'll make a fix for this, I'm hoping to have a bit of time this weekend to fix a few known issues. The solution in my books is just try every region for a seed, instead of basing it off the users console region. If US 404's, try GB, if GB 404's, try JP, etc.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea when I'll make a fix for this, I'm hoping to have a bit of time this weekend to fix a few known issues. The solution in my books is just try every region for a seed, instead of basing it off the users console region. If US 404's, try GB, if GB 404's, try JP, etc.
That sounds fairly smart, and that will let EU first and US first games still show up for JP in these situations.

If you're open to suggestions, and maybe I missed this behavior, I have an unrelated one. Does All region show up when you select US region? Because if not, maybe All should show up for every region, so you can find all games that are compatible with your region, not just games that are ONLY compatible with your region.

I'll check again, my 3DS is mid-ftp right now.

Again, thanks for all your work on this software!

supermario18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, wings.json doesn't wanna download on my 3DS. Can I just download it and then transfer it to my SD Card? if so, where?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, wings.json doesn't wanna download on my 3DS. Can I just download it and then transfer it to my SD Card? if so, where?
Wings.json is not something that can be linked on this forum. Are you running the latest CIAngel? And what error are you getting when trying to use the built in downloader?

supermario18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wings.json is not something that can be linked on this forum. Are you running the latest CIAngel? And what error are you getting when trying to use the built in downloader?
Yes. I don't get an error, I just select Download wings.json and it just reloads the menu (I think). I want it because I think it powers the search function.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I don't get an error, I just select Download wings.json and it just reloads the menu (I think). I want it because I think it powers the search function.
Ok. Quick rundown.

Select download Wings.json
It will go to a new screen saying Downloading wings.json and then Loading wings.jaon and then it will go back to main menu.

This is the intended functionality. So chances are it's downloading just fine.

Reactions: Drakia

supermario18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does show the Downloading wings.json screen, but only for a split second, and the search still doesn't work. It might be because I'm using my phone as a wifi hotspot and it has T Mobile web guard (protects kids/teens from bad sites) and it blocks the CDN servers.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does show the Downloading wings.json screen, but only for a split second, and the search still doesn't work. It might be because I'm using my phone as a wifi hotspot and it has T Mobile web guard (protects kids/teens from bad sites) and it blocks the CDN servers.
That could definitely be a good reason. Try going to a McDonald's and using their wifi. Or just anywhere you know of that offers wifi.

Xnoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All I have to say is : This is totally awesome.

Works like a charm, everything I've tested is working.

Thank you really much sir !

Jahhhhhh

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I download themes with this?:lol: I have a japanese 3ds and I can't find any jap cia theme on that iso site :ph34r:stuck at using chmm:lol:

Last edited by Jahhhhhh,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I download themes with this?:lol: I have a japanese 3ds and I can't find any jap cia theme on that iso site :ph34r:stuck at using chmm:lol:
DLC is available, as long as a user has contributed a titlekey for it. Themes are DLC. So, if someone has contributed a titlekey, yes. Just download the app and search.

Reactions: Jahhhhhh

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just caught on to this sweet program. I don't have the time to read this entire thread so can someone explain the whole seed thing and how it deals with cryptofixing? I am using FBI 2.6 and CIAngel .80.

I have an old cosmo using mt-card so stuck on 4.5 sys/9.4 emunand on this unit. I have a lot of .3ds on the mt-card and then anything that is too new to run from that cart I get cryptofixed .cia and put on the SD.

Ok so how does this seed stuff work?

Say I DL Steam World Heist on my XL (which has current emunand) with no problems using CIAngel. When I DL same thing on my old cosmo9.4 CIAngel tells me their is a seed problem with hex 0xD..... and then installs but of course game won't launch. When I go into FBI and find the game I try to import seed and get an error about invalid command header.....

Ok so what am I missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!