Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it better to download direct or to use tickets? I use tickets so the games download update automatically
Also I am a HUGE NOOB in the modding world and this APP has been a god sent Thanks for your great work
Personally, I prefer download directly with CIAngel. I don't trust the ticket method. But to each their own.

Kuroge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please, can someone tell me the difference between CIAngel and freEshop? Which is better? Advantages of CIAngel or freeshop?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please, can someone tell me the difference between CIAngel and freEshop? Which is better? Advantages of CIAngel or freeshop?
Install them both, try them, see which you like better...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but will the games still notify me of an update?
I would assume so, since we install things the same way (kinda) as the eShop does

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but will the games still notify me of an update?

Yes. The game you download will be the first version, and then you update from there. Works fine, I've done it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Freeshop = prettier GUI
CIAngel = more filtering features

Basically. And that's at the moment. Both are great though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
3) wings.json doesn't contain genre data, so without manually keeping track of all the games and their genre, this won't be easy to implement.
I don't know how the wings.json file works, but it gets the info from the titlekeys database right? Can you get them to add a new column (and a new table we don't see) and let people push to it what genre they think it is, and whichever genre has the most votes is the one it is categorised under? Then no individual has to do the huge amount of work of categorising each game and potentially having people disagree.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how the wings.json file works, but it gets the info from the titlekeys database right? Can you get them to add a new column (and a new table we don't see) and let people push to it what genre they think it is, and whichever genre has the most votes is the one it is categorised under? Then no individual has to do the huge amount of work of categorising each game and potentially having people disagree.
Well, the guy running it would still need to do the work to implement that (And getting a user-submission/voting system right isn't easy). We also don't exactly have a direct way to contact him as far as I know, I guess I could track him down, but I'm trying my best not to bother him with feature requests outside the scope of what info he already has access to.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My only suggestion would be to filter out anything with the word "trailer" after it and have an option to turn it back on or something but besides that this is my go to app

Reactions: Quantumcat

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone finding that freeshop downloads about 35% faster than CIAngel? Just like on their changelog? This makes me wonder if something similar could be done for CIAngel to increase download speeds.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Closing the lid cancels the download. Deliberate feature ;)
Holding B also cancels the download now :)

Anyone finding that freeshop downloads about 35% faster than CIAngel? Just like on their changelog? This makes me wonder if something similar could be done for CIAngel to increase download speeds.
The download code should be similar, the only difference being FreeShop I believe uses a different thread for the download. I'm not sure why you'd be seeing such a discrepancy between the two, most references to speed I saw on the Freeshop thread were ~800kB/s, which is about what I get in CIAngel on my o3ds.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Holding B also cancels the download now :)

The download code should be similar, the only difference being FreeShop I believe uses a different thread for the download. I'm not sure why you'd be seeing such a discrepancy between the two, most references to speed I saw on the Freeshop thread were ~800kB/s, which is about what I get in CIAngel on my o3ds.

I was getting 1800kb/s on freeshop whereas I'm getting 1300kb/s on CIAngel on my n3ds

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was getting 1800kb/s on freeshop whereas I'm getting 1300kb/s on CIAngel on my n3ds
I'm not sure if the apps calculate the speed the same. I calculate the average over the full download (so if it starts slow, the number may be slightly lower). Have you timed any installs to see if there is actually that large of a discrepancy?

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question: If I want to contribute a game, where do I do that? If you're not allowed to link to it here, I understand.

kikoola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For games with dlc, is it as simple as installing the game first then the dlc via ciangel in order to access dlc content?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For games with dlc, is it as simple as installing the game first then the dlc via ciangel in order to access dlc content?
As far as I've tested, yes. I've only tested a few games DLC though (Fire Emblem Fates, and Smash).

I have a question: If I want to contribute a game, where do I do that? If you're not allowed to link to it here, I understand.
We can't link it, but you should be able to find it by googling "3ds title key database"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64