Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok just caught on to this sweet program. I don't have the time to read this entire thread so can someone explain the whole seed thing and how it deals with cryptofixing? I am using FBI 2.6 and CIAngel .80.

I have an old cosmo using mt-card so stuck on 4.5 sys/9.4 emunand on this unit. I have a lot of .3ds on the mt-card and then anything that is too new to run from that cart I get cryptofixed .cia and put on the SD.

Ok so how does this seed stuff work?

Say I DL Steam World Heist on my XL (which has current emunand) with no problems using CIAngel. When I DL same thing on my old cosmo9.4 CIAngel tells me their is a seed problem with hex 0xD..... and then installs but of course game won't launch. When I go into FBI and find the game I try to import seed and get an error about invalid command header.....

Ok so what am I missing?
Seed keys are referred to as "9.6 crypto keys" because they weren't introduced until 9.6. You can't use CIAngel to download games that require cryptofixing on firmware below 9.6

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Seed keys are referred to as "9.6 crypto keys" because they weren't introduced until 9.6. You can't use CIAngel to download games that require cryptofixing on firmware below 9.6

Whereas with >9.6 you can download games that require crypto fixing and since 0.8 has seed entry, games can be downloaded and installed and works fine without additional crypto fixing?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Drakia thank you but I guess that is limited cryptofixing....lol.

I like what the dev is doing with this little app though and don't really mind that it isn't a gui. I do hope in the next revision he could make a few interface tweaks like to stop taking you back to top menu after every DL or even when you cue. Other than that it works swell.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whereas with >9.6 you can download games that require crypto fixing and since 0.8 has seed entry, games can be downloaded and installed and works fine without additional crypto fixing?
Yes, as long as the firmware you're on actually has seed support (Which, again, was added in 9.6), then CIAngel adds the seed entry which negates the need for cryptofixing.

@Drakia thank you but I guess that is limited cryptofixing....lol.
Yes, if you're running firmware from before a game came out, then there's no guarantee that an unmodified CIA (Which is what CIAngel downloads) is going to work with it.

Reactions: A_Random_Guy

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got an issue that probably isn't CIAngel Related, but might be. Any time I've downloaded Final Fantasy Explorers(EUR) it opens, can load the save I made but consistently every time I complete the 'escape from bahamut' intro thing, the game black screens and I have hold the power button and reboot the console. Happens every time, yet the game music still plays in the back ground but nothing works, home button doesn't function, etc. Running LumaCFW sys11.0.0-33U if that helps, also as a side note other out of region games play fine, Japanese or otherwise, just this one has issues so I'm curious if anyone else also consistently has this issue.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've got an issue that probably isn't CIAngel Related, but might be. Any time I've downloaded Final Fantasy Explorers(EUR) it opens, can load the save I made but consistently every time I complete the 'escape from bahamut' intro thing, the game black screens and I have hold the power button and reboot the console. Happens every time, yet the game music still plays in the back ground but nothing works, home button doesn't function, etc. Running LumaCFW sys11.0.0-33U if that helps, also as a side note other out of region games play fine, Japanese or otherwise, just this one has issues so I'm curious if anyone else also consistently has this issue.
If the game installs/loads, it's very unlikely a CIAngel issue, and I don't think anyone is going to track down a crash bug in the middle of a game for you. Sorry, but I think you're out of luck on that one.

I also don't think you'll get many people looking at this thread about specific game crashes (Once they've successfully installed)

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since you guys have been looking into adding a GUI into CIAngel, you guys should contact Crusard. He offered to help TheCruel, freeShop developer, but he wasn't interested at the moment. I'm sure it'll be beneficial for all :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since you guys have been looking into adding a GUI into CIAngel, you guys should contact Crusard. He offered to help TheCruel, freeShop developer, but he wasn't interested at the moment. I'm sure it'll be beneficial for all :)
We don't really need someone for the graphical design part, it's the actual programming that takes time/effort. It looks like he's more interested in helping out with the design, not implementation.

Reactions: insidexdeath

absinthee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's the overclocking option in Luma. Disable it. Hold Select when powering on your 3ds. Go to the "New 3DS CPU" option and change it to "Off".

I had the same issue and this fixed it. Unfortunately, despite benefiting some games, the OCing feature of Luma can cause issues like that in some games.

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the overclocking option in Luma. Disable it. Hold Select when powering on your 3ds. Go to the "New 3DS CPU" option and change it to "Off".

I had the same issue and this fixed it. Unfortunately, despite benefiting some games, the OCing feature of Luma can cause issues like that in some games.
Hadn't even thought of that, it helps out in most of my games so I thought nothing of it, I'll have to remember to toggle that on/off based on what I'm playing. Might help if similar issues pop up down the line, thanks man.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
womder if this is going to get console bans

For the ticket install method it is possible. For the CIA download/install method it is highly unlikely as that does not send any information that identifies the console so they would have to go by IP address. Of course, that would mean they would first have to check said IP address to be sure they weren't public hotspots, VPNs, apartment complexes, or behind cgnat among other things first. Way too much trouble and not worth the high risk of false positives due to shared IP addresses.

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadn't even thought of that, it helps out in most of my games so I thought nothing of it, I'll have to remember to toggle that on/off based on what I'm playing. Might help if similar issues pop up down the line, thanks man.
I believe it's only the end of the intro that's affected by this. Get past that and you should be able to re-enable overclocking for the rest of the game.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@cearp @Drakia
It would be possible to add the following functions applications.
1 - You have to create a list of files to download or install the tickets.
2 - Having to pause the download and continue another time.
3 - Having a filter genres.
4 - if the suggestion 1 is applied have to select items from the list to cancel or delete and have to add more items to download all an option to return the list.

The application is great but I think if I had these functions would be pretty cool.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@cearp @Drakia
It would be possible to add the following functions applications.
1 - You have to create a list of files to download or install the tickets.
2 - Having to pause the download and continue another time.
3 - Having a filter genres.
4 - if the suggestion 1 is applied have to select items from the list to cancel or delete and have to add more items to download all an option to return the list.

The application is great but I think if I had these functions would be pretty cool.
1) I'm not sure what you mean? There's already the queue, though currently without a way to remove things from it.
2) This is unlikely to happen in the near future, I have had zero luck finding how to download in sleep mode, and since we download/install at the same time (no temporary files created) there's no way to just pause and resume later, as far as I know.
3) wings.json doesn't contain genre data, so without manually keeping track of all the games and their genre, this won't be easy to implement.
4) Downloads are not run on their own thread (Which is why you stay at the download status screen during downloads), so there isn't a way to go back to the queue screen while it's downloading without stopping the download.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
The first question would be this. Having selecting the games I download and listed then click the button to download them in enlistment order.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it better to download direct or to use tickets? I use tickets so the games download update automatically
Also I am a HUGE NOOB in the modding world and this APP has been a god sent Thanks for your great work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU