Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two themes installed on my O3DS XL using CHMM2. One in Pasta Mode and one in RxTools Emunand. How do I change the Pasta Mode theme? I'm using the latest RxTools nightly.

PaolaScorpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did a very, very stupid thing.

An hour ago, I've installed CHMM2 v2.6 on emuNAND 10.5 or 10.6 (I guess I did the update this morning, but I didn't check it to see if it was really updated). Opened it, installed a theme, went back to home menu, and it was all ok. I showed it to my bf, and he said "with all those themes, you installed this one?" So I simply opened CHMM2 again, and started installing other themes. Yes, I didn't put back on predef white theme, and I've installed quite a few themes one after other without exiting CHMM2. In the middle of this process, I suddenly got a black screen. Now, Every time I try to access the emuNAND or the rxTools, I get black screen.

For a brief moment, I got to see the theme on emuNAND, but the screen was very dark. I tried to change to the basic white theme, but the screen went back to black. If I press the power button, it works. In the power button screen, pressing Home button takes me back to sysNAND.

Is there anything that I can do, or I'll have to bare my bf yelling at me because of it and see him wipe out the emunand and all of my ACNL progress? If he does, I guess I'll just give up on playing it ever again.

Last edited by PaolaScorpio,
Reactions: YellowBirds

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I have two themes installed on my O3DS XL using CHMM2. One in Pasta Mode and one in RxTools Emunand. How do I change the Pasta Mode theme? I'm using the latest RxTools nightly.
Run homebrew from sysnand and then run the 3dsx of chmm2

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I did a very, very stupid thing.

An hour ago, I've installed CHMM2 v2.6 on emuNAND 10.5 or 10.6 (I guess I did the update this morning, but I didn't check it to see if it was really updated). Opened it, installed a theme, went back to home menu, and it was all ok. I showed it to my bf, and he said "with all those themes, you installed this one?" So I simply opened CHMM2 again, and started installing other themes. Yes, I didn't put back on predef white theme, and I've installed quite a few themes one after other without exiting CHMM2. In the middle of this process, I suddenly got a black screen. Now, Every time I try to access the emuNAND or the rxTools, I get black screen.

For a brief moment, I got to see the theme on emuNAND, but the screen was very dark. I tried to change to the basic white theme, but the screen went back to black. If I press the power button, it works. In the power button screen, pressing Home button takes me back to sysNAND.

Is there anything that I can do, or I'll have to bare my bf yelling at me because of it and see him wipe out the emunand and all of my ACNL progress? If he does, I guess I'll just give up on playing it ever again.

You should delete your themes archive folders for your emuNand. They're something like /Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1/ARCHIVE_ID.
Archive IDs depends on your region: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/index.lua#L218-L227

Reactions: YellowBirds

PaolaScorpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should delete your themes archive folders for your emuNand. They're something like /Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1/ARCHIVE_ID.
Archive IDs depends on your region: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/index.lua#L218-L227

Thanks for the reply. I did that, and it worked correctly... until I screwed up again :(

I was on emuNAND. Then, I decided to go back to sysNAND and take off the SD card to put something on it. However, I decided to go back doing the same procedure I use to access sysNAND: Settings - profile - nintendo profile. Instead of going back to sysNAND, the upper screen informed the rxTools version and a software birthday, while the touchscreen had message and color settings. The color was magenta, so I changed it to red. Then I closed the settings, got back to sysNAND and took off the SD card.

Results: now, even on sysNAND, when I do settings - profile - nintendo profile, I go to that same menu. I'll have to redo menuhax, won't I?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind. My bf solved it easily.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My BGMs aren't looping when I have shuffle on.

I double checked the file size because I remember that being an issue before, but both are under 3 MB.

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So right now I am running arm9 loader hax to boot into my emunand automatically. I've installed 2.6 chmm2 and have been using it. There's only one complaint I have. Everytime I go into it it tells me I have to do the "one time" hard reset. I don't know why and it always asks me if my nands are unlinked ( which they are) why does it do this? Also the installer is a great addition! Very good application (:

Also I have a question, why is the "welcome to chmm2 press the power button" screen needed? The power button on the n3ds xl is kind of in an annoying place so I'm just asking if this screen is really necessary for anything? I mean... we'd all much rather just be thrown into the themes you know? (:

Lastly: would you happen to know if there is a way to dump official themes or themes installed via cia into the body and bum files etc? I just would like to know if there is a way to do this so I can try some things.

Again thank you OP for this amazing and useful application, it's really come a long way !

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
So right now I am running arm9 loader hax to boot into my emunand automatically. I've installed 2.6 chmm2 and have been using it. There's only one complaint I have. Everytime I go into it it tells me I have to do the "one time" hard reset. I don't know why and it always asks me if my nands are unlinked ( which they are) why does it do this? Also the installer is a great addition! Very good application (:

Also I have a question, why is the "welcome to chmm2 press the power button" screen needed? The power button on the n3ds xl is kind of in an annoying place so I'm just asking if this screen is really necessary for anything? I mean... we'd all much rather just be thrown into the themes you know? (:

Lastly: would you happen to know if there is a way to dump official themes or themes installed via cia into the body and bum files etc? I just would like to know if there is a way to do this so I can try some things.

Again thank you OP for this amazing and useful application, it's really come a long way !

1) Such question should be asked only once: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/index.lua#L415-L424
If you get such question multiple times, it looks like CHMM2 can't delete your themehax files from emuNand. I suggest you tu use menuhax_manager on emuNand to do this.

2) It's needed for the Power Menu popup when exiting (allowing CHMM2 to instantly apply the new theme).

3) You can use extdatatool to extract BGMCache.bin (which is bgm.bcstm file) and BodyCache.bin (body_lz.bin file) from your extdata.

Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
buddy of mine is having an issue with the dsp dumper. when he launches it it makes his 3ds reboot. im trying to get more info out of him but he hasnt texted back.
edit: ok got more info from him. its a o3ds on a 10.6 emunand. i tested it on my new 3ds 10.6 emunand and didnt have an issue

Last edited by pbanj,

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo. Had an issue with chmm2.

I installed a theme which worked great today, but something happened where when I install a different theme, the bgm wont change. I tried installing different themes but the one bgm always stays the same.

Anyways to simply reset my theme to the usual white theme?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yo. Had an issue with chmm2.

I installed a theme which worked great today, but something happened where when I install a different theme, the bgm wont change. I tried installing different themes but the one bgm always stays the same.

Anyways to simply reset my theme to the usual white theme?

If you're on sysNand, just delete same files but for sysNand

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....sigh alright one final edit.

So i did as you told me, went to the themes tab to set up theme data again, updated chmm2 and launched it to install another theme. Worked like a charm. Afterwords i tried changing it again to see if it worked.

The music for that theme, once again was stuck.

So, unless im doing something wrong, every time I want a new theme along with new bgm I need to do this process all over again.

Last edited by baked potato,

Zygrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a problem with CHMM.

my nands are united and use menuhax to enter the CFW.

the problem is that when I try to put theme an with CHMM.cia 2.6 tells me that the theme has been installed but when I see him is not installed.

It could give a solution?:(

my console is a new xl

Last edited by Zygrey,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a problem with CHMM.

my nands are united and use menuhax to enter the CFW.

the problem is that when I try to put theme an with CHMM.cia 2.6 tells me that the theme has been installed but when I see him is not installed.

It could give a solution?:(

my console is a new xl
Unlink your nands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway