Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, somehow you were right.
I deleted Menuhax from my SD but I didn't deleted the files it seems. So I went, downloaded menuhax manager again and deleted and now it works ^-^
Thank You!

darksun45230

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Running 10.3.28U O3DS.

I run homemenuhax because I don't have any other entry-point. A worrying thing is that I can't install custom themes without locking myself homemenuhax. Whenever I install a custom theme, the homemenuhax will no longer autoboot nor will any mapped trigger button boot it. I've been forced to reinstall it with browserhax every time (but it also erases the theme I've previously installed.) Is there something that needs to be updated, or am I missing a step somewhere? Also, this was before 10.4 came out.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Running 10.3.28U O3DS.

I run homemenuhax because I don't have any other entry-point. A worrying thing is that I can't install custom themes without locking myself homemenuhax. Whenever I install a custom theme, the homemenuhax will no longer autoboot nor will any mapped trigger button boot it. I've been forced to reinstall it with browserhax every time (but it also erases the theme I've previously installed.) Is there something that needs to be updated, or am I missing a step somewhere? Also, this was before 10.4 came out.

You're probably using an old version of CHMM2

LolaZolanski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
FAQ

Q) I get "cannot initialize Sound module" error when using CIA/3DS version, how can i solve?
A) You need a DSP firmware (dspfirm.cdc) to use CHMM2 as CIA/3DS version. You can dump it using DSP Firmware Dumper, uncart, braindump or Decrypt9.
First of all, thanks a lot for this app! I keep getting that exact error, can you noobify what you meant my getting dspfirm.cdc?

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So here is a suggestion to be added to the FAQ:

Q: CHMM2 crashed during theme installation, and when I reboot I get a black screen. What do I have to do?
A: Go (on a PC) to Nintendo 3DS/<number>/<number>/extdata/000002xx/. Remove the 00000 folder inside. Afterwards reboot your 3ds. You will need to regenerate theme data managment and will lose any premium themes installed on your device.

xx is dependant on your region:
  • Europe: ce
  • USA: cd
  • Japan: cc

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is a suggestion to be added to the FAQ:

Q: CHMM2 crashed during theme installation, and when I reboot I get a black screen. What do I have to do?
A: Go (on a PC) to Nintendo 3DS/<number>/<number>/extdata/000002xx/. Remove the 00000 folder inside. Afterwards reboot your 3ds. You will need to regenerate theme data managment and will lose any premium themes installed on your device.

xx is dependant on your region:
  • Europe: ce
  • USA: cd
  • Japan: cc
there's two folders to remove. also it won't actually remove installed themes, only reset the current used theme. how about this?

A: Go on a computer and insert your SD card. On your SD card, go to "Nintendo 3DS/your_id1/your_id2/extdata/00000000/archive". your_id1 can be anything. If there's multiple, try opening each one to see which might be yours. archive will be two folders depending on your region. Delete these two folders.
  • USA: 000002cd and 0000008f
  • EUR: 000002ce and 00000098
  • JPN: 000002cc and 00000082
This will erase your home menu layout (so you should save it in Home Menu Settings next time), and wrap all your icons.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
there's two folders to remove. also it won't actually remove installed themes, only reset the current used theme. how about this?

A: Go on a computer and insert your SD card. On your SD card, go to "Nintendo 3DS/your_id1/your_id2/extdata/00000000/archive". your_id1 can be anything. If there's multiple, try opening each one to see which might be yours. archive will be two folders depending on your region. Delete these two folders.
  • USA: 000002cd and 0000008f
  • EUR: 000002ce and 00000098
  • JPN: 000002cc and 00000082
This will erase your home menu layout (so you should save it in Home Menu Settings next time), and wrap all your icons.
Sounds good to me! Although I can't vouch for the wrap icons thing (was a dummy and restored EmuNAND before asking around) it sounds like it's correct.

Fureshyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using an o3ds rxtools emunand 9.2, custom themes are not working. I'm using a .cia file for the CHMM2 and it boots up fine because I used dsp dumper before that, when I select install, it installs, then when I go back to the emunand home menu, no custom theme. Anything I can do to make it work?

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using an o3ds rxtools emunand 9.2, custom themes are not working. I'm using a .cia file for the CHMM2 and it boots up fine because I used dsp dumper before that, when I select install, it installs, then when I go back to the emunand home menu, no custom theme. Anything I can do to make it work?

Launch menuhax manager on your Emunand using your favorite entry point and press A on Delete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge