Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

8bitsenpai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can temporarily rename the Nintendo 3DS directory to something else and boot, then rename it back, change the theme and voila.
Sadly this didn't work, since it just writes all the theme data into a new folder it creates due to lack of a Nintendo 3DS folder, and then I'm losing a lot of files from my old Nintendo 3DS folder if I choose to use the new one. If I knew the exact file or folder that controls the theme being displayed, I could just replace that in my old folder and use it again, but I can't use it at the moment. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate that.

EDIT: Never mind. I actually did fix it. I just found which folder and files control the theme specifically and just swapped them out for the default files the 3DS creates. Everything is back to how I had it and I installed a theme that actually works for once. Nice. Thanks for the help though, guys. I'll still have to check out that SD card-less route sometime.

Last edited by 8bitsenpai,

Starmytes0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm on arm9 Luma CFW and have CHMM2 v.2.8 working for single themes. But whenever I try the theme shuffle I get the Error: [string "?"]. I don't have a config in my themes folder though... And it works just fine for the base system themes. I have also dumped my DSP firmware and have sound working. Any suggestions? Edit: Forgot to mention I'm on New 3DS XL

Thanks!

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm on arm9 Luma CFW and have CHMM2 v.2.8 working for single themes. But whenever I try the theme shuffle I get the Error: [string "?"]. I don't have a config in my themes folder though... And it works just fine for the base system themes. I have also dumped my DSP firmware and have sound working. Any suggestions? Edit: Forgot to mention I'm on New 3DS XL

Thanks!
shuffle does not work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone can provide me the link to the last version? I think is 2.8
The link is in the very first post.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's the thing, yesterday I downloaded the pack (2.8) from the mirror site but when I put the files on my SD the homebrewchannel show me the wrong apps.

Starmytes0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the thing, yesterday I downloaded the pack (2.8) from the mirror site but when I put the files on my SD the homebrewchannel show me the wrong apps.
Huh, I downloaded from the mirror site but installed the .cia for personal preference. I just copied the files for homebrew into CHMM2 in the 3ds folder and it doesn't show up in homebrew... The older version I had in homebrew was showing up though. I'm not sure if it was replayed with this blend3r program or if it was there before I switched files, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there. xD

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Huh, I downloaded from the mirror site but installed the .cia for personal preference. I just copied the files for homebrew into CHMM2 in the 3ds folder and it doesn't show up in homebrew... The older version I had in homebrew was showing up though. I'm not sure if it was replayed with this blend3r program or if it was there before I switched files, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there. xD

Yes, that's exactly my problem, blend3r and another app are show instead of CHMM2, I thought it was my mistake but I checked the files and they are named CHMM2.3ds and CHMM2.smdh, I don't want the cia version so I need the 3dsx file instead but I don't know where to find it

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, that's exactly my problem, blend3r and another app are show instead of CHMM2, I thought it was my mistake but I checked the files and they are named CHMM2.3ds and CHMM2.smdh, I don't want the cia version so I need the 3dsx file instead but I don't know where to find it
It just haves the wrong SMDH.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It won't. The dev has walked away from the project. Unless someone else takes over but someone else on here has posted that they are working on a new one.
Meh, I might work on CHMM a bit. Idk if I'll fix the downloader though. I personally didn't use it anyway. I might just remove it.

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
The dev is still active on github, just not on gbatemp.

No commits have been made since juli 2016 but he did respond to a ticket i opened a few days ago.

It may be as simple as sending a pull request to the repo...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The dev is still active on github, just not on gbatemp.

No commits have been made since juli 2016 but he did respond to a ticket i opened a few days ago.

It may be as simple as sending a pull request to the repo...
He won't make a release, though. He has left the 3DS community entirely.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install this theme, released yesterday: https://3dsthem.es/10453
but it keeps using the same BGM from the previous theme. I saw the note on page 1 about why this might happen, but I don't know how to use tools to fix it.

Also, I can play the bgm.bcstm file in foobar2000 with the bcstm plugin and it works fine.

tamsok

Trophies
XP
Country
need help, I got an "Error: [string "?"]:1562: error opening SDMH fip" when opening chmm2 on homebrew launcher and home launcher. It was working before and had a theme installed but today when i tried to opening it to try new theme I got the error. The only thing i did before was installing some cia games via network and setup my internet connection for first time. Its a new 3ds xl only baught a few days ago, freshly jailbroken and everything else works fine.

edit: got it to work again by deleting my 3ds folder with my backup and also replacing my theme folder with my backup.

Last edited by tamsok,

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I'm not getting my custom BGM to work, (yes it's the right file format and it's named BGM.bcstm) anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Neo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get this error when trying to install a theme:
Error: [string""?""]:599: error opening file

What can I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe