Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
Current version of Boot9Strap: 1.3
GPxwGPw.png

How to update?
I have created a script for GodMode9 with which you can verify the version of Boot9Strap that you have installed. If you want to do it manually, I leave the instructions.

Method 1: From GodMode9 (Automatic):
  • Download this file (link 2), they extract it, and they pass the file with extension .gm9 to the folder sdmc:/gm9/scripts/ (If you do not have it, create it).
  • They eject the SD and insert it into the 3DS.
  • Press START while you turn on the console, and then select GodMode9 (or it will automatically enter).
  • Press HOME and select Scripts...
  • Press (A) on b9s_version or B9S Version Checker, it will automatically run and tell you your installed version of Boot9Strap.

Method 2: From GodMode9 (Manually):
  • Press START while you turn on the console, and then select GodMode9 (or it will automatically enter).
  • Press (A) on [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and then select firm0.bin file
  • Select FIRM image options..., then select Mount image to drive.
  • Press (A).
  • Select the header.bin file, and select Calculate SHA-256
  • And verify the output with any of these (Thanks to @zoogie):
    • B9S 1.0: 5C3B0CD4FE0C4987AF764B9FEFAD8B8ED39929E6EA9A8F6D782C2409BB16930A
    • B9S 1.1: 893A8A5B9B87FD1869AAA0BAE9BCAA3C9102DFEC1FFACB2561321F53B6091884
    • B9S 1.2: 9DDE2F7258FD1EE88EDE335ED781053F8925269D8720FE87BE4E2BD35B5990D3
    • B9S 1.3: 7C2E1DC860858BF9C7285915957FE64AF3B1B812C57FCB2C417881D31EE4246C

Last edited by yonaikerlol,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job fellow GM9 scripter. :)

Not to hijack your thread, and sorry to break it to you. Someone had the same idea as you, here. (Oddly enough, both he and you are from Venezuela with the same avatar. hmmm).

There is one area of improvement if you wish to pursue this idea. Checking for fastboot3ds!

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: yonaikerlol

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did method 2 and it doesn't seem to be updating it unless I am missing something in the instructions. Am I supposed to be doing something after calculating SHA?

I guess I would just have to do method one by replacing the file.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is more of a technicality, but sighax and B9S were not/are not the same thing. They are actually two different projects that worked on the same level and achieve the same results.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: yonaikerlol

yonaikerlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
I did method 2 and it doesn't seem to be updating it unless I am missing something in the instructions. Am I supposed to be doing something after calculating SHA?

I guess I would just have to do method one by replacing the file.

What do you mean?

With the method 2 you just have to compare the SHA-256 that the GodMode9 gives you in the header.bin file, with the ones you leave in the post, and from there you can download the Hax version.

If it is less than 1.3 you should update it with the tutorial that you also leave in the post.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?

With the method 2 you just have to compare the SHA-256 that the GodMode9 gives you in the header.bin file, with the ones you leave in the post, and from there you can download the Hax version.

If it is less than 1.3 you should update it with the tutorial that you also leave in the post.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

I talked to @Bondgirl85 before about her inquiry in updating the custom firmware at here. She might have exchanged boot9strap for fastboot3ds v1.1.

If you have fastboot3ds v1.1, the [S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL/firm0.bin > FIRM image options... > Mount image to drive
[G:] FIRM GAME IMAGE/
header.bin > Calculate SHA-256 will produce:
  • B3F3190B3479498D9575FAFBFD88B7F7601E3C2C23B597B188313B9C22D20AFF
The same goes for the previous versions of fastboot3ds with different hashes.

Things get even more complicated when you factor in this:
It's a ton to take in, but baby steps.

Lemmingz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what fast boost is, never heard of it.
From d0k3's thread
"fastboot3DS is a bootloader for the 3DS console, intended to be installed to the FIRM0 partition. It allows you to assign homebrew in .firm format to bootslots, and to chainload bootslots via either a bootmenu or a button combo of your choosing. fastboot3DS also contains basic tools for NAND backups and restores."

You can read more about it & get the github link to download it from here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fastboot3ds-open-source-bootloader-chainloader.492445/

Kelonio

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
B9S 1,4: CCFD3BD367428AF20B9689E95F68E7911CBB98862D56564672FC7A405E8A6639

Por Kelonio 3Ds

Attachments

• b9s_version-1.4.rar
    577 bytes · Views: 22
Last edited by Kelonio,
  • Love
Reactions: AlamosIT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there...