• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Slashㅤ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 71814
For science! I tried the most light-weight game on my potato laptop that has Intel HD 4600, I got 18FPS :-)
The CPU is i5 4300M @ 3.3GHz , it's not very fast for Cemu but not weak either
So it's impossible to play any game on iGPU after all
a lightweight game i would've tried is shovel knight, it's all 2d using sprites

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People with cpu like i5 or i7, can you tell me resolution screen and fps? If someone got i5 6500. Using mobile data, cant watch videos.

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
People with cpu like i5 or i7, can you tell me resolution screen and fps? If someone got i5 6500. Using mobile data, cant watch videos.
Depends on what game you're asking about.
Resolution for now is irrelevant since it's running games at native res (720p and 1080p)
Two pages back. (if the said stuff is true ;) )
That's pretty much what was posted on the patreon page by exzap and petergov

Last edited by chriztr,
Reactions: JaceCearK1

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's running at native resolution already idiot. There's no where to go. A resolution setting is not magical and allow the emu to run fine on any piece of crap computer. Upgrade your "hardware" and stop bitching like a tiny little girl. You should be embarrassed troll.

You shouldn't be so harsh to people, when I'm not certain you yourself know what your talking about. Most Wii games run at like 480p natively on the Wii console. Yet, with the Dolphin emulator, you can run at 5k with 8X SSAA. There are even 4k Mario Galaxy videos on youtube. Take a look. I run games at 1080p, and the difference between native and 1080p is striking. The original games certainly wern't meant to be run at higher resolutions, and yet it works perfectly on Dolphin, so there is a place 'to go'; I'm not positive if you can downscale, but you can certainly go up. Surely at some point, if Exzap wanted, he could add support for 1080p, 1440p, or even 4k, as well as anti-aliasing. It just may take a while for hardware to run well enough on higher settings.

Last edited by blazed1979,
Reactions: NiagA

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be so harsh to people, when I'm not certain you yourself know what your talking about. Most Wii games run at like 480p natively on the Wii console. Yet, with the Dolphin emulator, you can run at 5k with 8X SSAA. There are even 4k Mario Galaxy videos on youtube. Take a look. I run games at 1080p, and the difference between native and 1080p is striking. The original games certainly wern't meant to be run at higher resolutions, and yet it works perfectly on Dolphin, so there is a place 'to go'; I'm not positive if you can downscale, but you can certainly go up. Surely at some point, if Exzap wanted, he could add support for 1080p, 1440p, or even 4k, as well as anti-aliasing. It just may take a while for hardware to run well enough on higher settings.
He means there's nowhere lower to go, the output can definitely be set higher with some work but it would make the game run slower, not faster (which is what the user he was replying to was complaining about)

Reactions: JaceCearK1

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yet, with the Dolphin emulator, you can run at 5k with 8X SSAA. There are even 4k Mario Galaxy videos on youtube. Take a look. I run games at 1080p, and the difference between native and 1080p is striking. The original games certainly wern't meant to be run at higher resolutions, and yet it works perfectly on Dolphin, so there is a place 'to go';

Yes, but at what point of Dolphin's life cycle did this capability appear?

Hint, a LOT later than where Cemu currently is.

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He means there's nowhere lower to go, the output can definitely be set higher with some work but it would make the game run slower, not faster (which is what the user he was replying to was complaining about)

I don't see why you couldn't make it go lower if you wanted it to. Video games are not like movies, where they are 'shot' at a specific resolution. We are just dealing with the manipulation of pixels outputted on a screen here. All I think you would need to do is change a few variables values in the programming code to scale up or down the resolution. Is that not the case? And yes, he was being rude, but I don't think the best solution is name calling.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why you couldn't make it go lower if you wanted it to. Video games are not like movies, where they are 'shot' at a specific resolution. We are just dealing with the manipulation of pixels outputted on a screen here. All I think you would need to do is change a few variables values in the programming code to scale up or down the resolution. Is that not the case? And yes, he was being rude, but I don't think the best solution is name calling.

The thing is if scale lower than 720p it looks pixelated to hell unless you apply some kind of fullscreen filter like bicubic filter,
the reason why gc and wii games look like shit at native res 480p.

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is if scale lower than 720p it looks pixelated to hell unless you apply some kind of fullscreen filter like bicubic filter,
the reason why gc and wii games look like shit at native res 480p.

I'm not saying it would look good, only that I think it might be possible, and might be another option for people with weaker computers. Some people prefer performance over graphical fidelity.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not saying it would look good, only that I think it might be possible, and might be another option for people with weaker computers. Some people prefer performance over graphical fidelity.

Buy the console or better hardware then or learn to code and do it yourself or simply play something which isn't this demanding, don't assume that emu dev's should tailor their work to your weak hardware that's ridicolous, lowering the rendering resolution wouldn't even help as much as you think this isn't a pc game so the main factor isn't your gpu but your cpu.

Reactions: legend80

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Frameskip would be preferable but if it's anything like what dolphin used to have I wouldn't bother in most cases it actually caused more lag.

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buy the console or better hardware then or learn to code and do it yourself or simply play something which isn't this demanding, don't assume that emu dev's should tailor their work to your weak hardware that's ridicolous, lowering the rendering resolution wouldn't even help as much as you think this isn't a pc game so the main factor isn't your gpu but your cpu.

Actually, this issue doesn't really affect me, and I'm not trying to rationalize my argument due to having weak hardware. ( I've got an i7 6700 and a gtx 960). I'm actually hoping for higher playable settings. I just think that the more options available within the emulator, the better and more robust it will become. So don't go preaching to me.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, this issue doesn't really affect me, and I'm not trying to rationalize my argument due to having weak hardware. ( I've got an i7 6700 and a gtx 960). I'm actually hoping for higher playable settings. I just think that the more options available within the emulator, the better and more robust it will become. So don't go preaching to me.

That's not how it works and you would know that if you had any clue about emulator development.

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Since the emulator is free for most of us, no one should demand.
Probably better to wait and see for the emulator to get better.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty ways to improve it but i feel accuracy will just keep ending up being more intensive. I say wait till Exzap works more on that as performance will only get worse anyways.

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not how it works and you would know that if you had any clue about emulator development.

Beyond compatibility, the PCSX2 and Dolphin emulators are great due to all the options they have provided. In my opinion, one of the ways a computer program is superior, is if it provides a higher level of optimization and greater flexibility, to run on a greater range of systems. Honestly, you sound like a PC snob/elitest, and I highly doubt that you know much about emulation either. If you think you know it all, then why don't you inform us all how it actually works. If you actually know what your talking about, than I will stand corrected, otherwise, I'll wait for someone else to shoot you down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn