• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe a stupid idea: But to support the project, maybe it makes sense to add a savestate feature.
In this case problematic situations can be saved and uploaded to a repository like github (with an according description).
So the developers can use the savestates to reproduce the issue on their side. This would speed up the debugging.
What do you think @Exzap
Good idea, but only in theory.
Implementing savestates in CEMU is incredibly problematic due to how the Wii U works. On top of that every savestate file would be multiple gigabytes in size which is not something you can casually upload and attach to your bug report. There are even more problems but it suffices to say that savestates won't be coming to CEMU anytime soon, if ever.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Let me try and clarify then. When I am playing Mario Kart 8 in CEMU, I am pressing the gas key on my keyboard to move forward in the race, and then all of a sudden, the key stops responding for some reason, and my racer will stop moving. I wasn't sure if there was a problem with the emulator or my keyboard and was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem. To see if it was my keyboard, I opened notepad, and pressed the same key in mario kart 8 that I use to move forward. (This is z on my keyboard). I held it down for 5 minutes straight, to see if it would stop or the z key would be printed repeatedly like it's supposed to. It seemed to work fine, which leads me to believe that there is some kind of problem with the emulators recognition of input devices, and not my keyboard.

Not just you it's happened to me before with fake ds3 using the Scarlet.Crush XInput Wrapper,
if my ds3 isn't connected and recognized by cemu before game boot cemu fails to
recognise it, if I reconnect it via bluetooth after the game has booted and I have
reconfig a button for cemu notice it or restart cemu with my controller connected,
samething happens if I lose the connection during gameplay due to low battery power, cemu won't recognize it if I then
plug the controller onto a usb charger to gain power without a cemu restart or button reconfig.

Exzap what about a memory address viewer with value searchng and force value writing for cheat codes.

Last edited by ned,

Centennial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NSMBU is running great at a solid 60 FPS.
YWW was pretty shaky, but it was impressive in terms of accuracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to clear things up I record Cemu gameplay at 1080p60. Cemu 1.6.0 does not support 1080p yet.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Good idea, but only in theory.
Implementing savestates in CEMU is incredibly problematic due to how the Wii U works. On top of that every savestate file would be multiple gigabytes in size which is not something you can casually upload and attach to your bug report. There are even more problems but it suffices to say that savestates won't be coming to CEMU anytime soon, if ever.

How would savestates be GB in size? Dolphin is just one step down from wii u and its savestates are NOWHERE near that big? Can you tell me what exactly would take up so much file size? What would differ from savestates in any other emulator?

EdwardElric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why must people always compare Dolphin and CEMU? They are two completely different things. "IF DOLPHIN CAN random useless emulation setting that would just take up Exzap's time THEN CEMU SHOULD BE ABLE TO/CAN!" No. Get over it.

Reactions: niuus

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
How would savestates be GB in size? Dolphin is just one step down from wii u and its savestates are NOWHERE near that big? Can you tell me what exactly would take up so much file size? What would differ from savestates in any other emulator?
Look up how much memory the Wii has. The WiiU has 2GB DDR3. Wikipedia: "This is 20 times the amount found in the Wii." I'm imagining that programmable shaders, complicated GPU shared memory tricks and saving/restoring huge amounts of HLE state arent going to make things any easier either.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AdamN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
They're not much different in choosing what need to be saved and restored, unlike game save that was saved by the game by saving game-specific data only (which can be small), save state will need to save everything that was changed since boot state (everything that will be cleared/back to default state during a reset), this includes CPU state/registers, RAM+VRAM, and some emulator-specific data (shaders, etc), while registers and shaders might not takes much space, Memory will.

Last edited by AdamN,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We made some changes to improve shader accuracy at the cost of shader compilation time. Although it shouldn't be an 'extreme' difference.

Yeah, nevermind that. It's much better now (yes, even though I deleted the shader cache files again). It was either that "Overwrite Vertex Buffer Size" option I had enabled before oooor it was because I put my roms onto a rather slow HDD. I didn't think the game emulator would have to access the rom for shader cache generation.

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are too impatient and should wait, let Exzap do what he is doing because most people here don't understand how he is doing what he is doing.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
I think that the most graphical regressions will be fixed (in versions 1.6.0a/1.6.0b/1.6.0c etc) before public release ;)

Assuming there will even be one. Sometimes we just have to deal with bugs until a new release comes out. It just so happens 1.6.0 is littered with bugs. The best we can do is just wait.

lucianobugalu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Assuming there will even be one. Sometimes we just have to deal with bugs until a new release comes out. It just so happens 1.6.0 is littered with bugs. The best we can do is just wait.
The greater the delay, the greater the profit, and he knows it, and a lot here too.
For now, let playing emulator 100%, that is staying 100%.

reznoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.6.0 Super Smash Bros.

Pikmin 3

Wind Waker HD

Fix for the stuttering should be the priority.
The framerate in many games is more than acceptable , but the stuttering makes some of them unplayable.
Dolphin is 12 years old and stuttering is an issue. Patience should be the priority.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Look up how much memory the Wii has. The WiiU has 2GB DDR3. Wikipedia: "This is 20 times the amount found in the Wii." I'm imagining that programmable shaders, complicated GPU shared memory tricks and saving/restoring huge amounts of HLE state arent going to make things any easier either.

Of this, 1 GB is reserved for the operating system and is unavailable to games.
Which guess equates to the system menu which cemu doesn't need to emulate.

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similar to what someone else said, stop comparing Dolphin to Cemu... none of them share anything in common and are two entirely different things.

Cemu isn't perfect, it will be 'years' and by 'years' I mean more than 4 or 5.

Sure, Cemu is getting there faster than expected but even Dolphin has had a lot of history and still fixing issues.
Dolphin devs are still finding problems and issues despite being playable quite well.

Cemu is still a baby and people need to stop bloating this baby with unnecessary garbage and insufficient knowledge.
Freaking wait people, just because you see pictures and videos of your favorite games doesn't mean it will actually fully play or be fun to go through the entire game.

If you cannot be bothered to wait, freaking donate to Cemu, contribute code to Decaf or pull the plug from your damn keyboard and wait it out.

Noone here cares or gives a damn about your theoretic ideas and supposed clueless minds, Exzap 'knows' what he is doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff