• Start date
  • Views 7,184,729
  • Replies 21,660
  • Likes 283

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
A 960 is NOT an old card. That is my issue. Now your using Wikipedia to back up your claims of accuracy? LOL, yeah, okay... Maybe Exzap should make a list of compatible cards to clear this issue up.
I never said that the 960 is an old card, in fact thats why I even mentioned that the 400 series cards support OGL 4.5. As for the wikipedia link well the website that I gave you is one example of a source (regularly updated as well) but I thought at least you could look through Wikipedias sources yourself for more ways to show you that in fact many cards are capable of OGL 4.5.

Look, even the 950's spec page details OGL 4.5. The 950 makes use of the same chip as the 960 with a few cores disabled.

Last edited by Mike19,

Victorles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hate to break it to you but the integrated graphics in your computer probably would not be able to handle the finished product in a satisfactory manner anyway. If your computer is a desktop maybe consider getting a small dedicated card? I would highly recommend the 750 Ti or 750. They are crazy cheap (some 750's are going for $120 USD) and only sip power thus not usually requiring a PSU upgrade or extra PSU connectors at all. All this in a nice OGL 4.5 package :).
ok ill pay 759R$, no thank you, you know if i paid an high end gaming video card, inside a notebook is about 10.000R$. i tried play super mario maker the fps was quite good with 60 fps in menus and 30-50 in-game

Don't kick us notebook users out of the game just yet, I run cemu with Intel HD 4400 and am quite happy. There are lots of factors to count into in fact. The finished product will have lots of optimizations and may or may not exclude my kind of machine. I can run games at Dolphin at 60 FPS...Intel HD graphics are not garbage at least. Also, pay heed to the desktop general decline in user preference. As I told other user in the past, I've DECIDED to drop desktop.]
i had an nvidia graphics card which was an very old one who could run minecraft with lag, and run 2D games with lag.

Last edited by Victorles,

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
ok ill pay 759R$, no thank you, you know if i paid an high end gaming video card, inside a notebook is about 10.000R$

If thats too much for you that is ok, it was merely a suggestion. I meant it not only for Cemu but for your computer as a whole would get a major power spike in all games you may play. Being a notebook user does restrict your options but I just thought i'd mention it.

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
a gtx 960 doesnt have OpenGL 4.5 ? even my gt 740m has OpenGL 4.5

Yeah anything (well desktop at least) newer than and including the 400 series support OGL 4.5. The 740m is a great little fighter, my cousin plays most of his games on his notebook with that same chip hahaha. Granted he mainly plays Minecraft and CSGO but its still an OK chip nevertheless :)

Last edited by Mike19,

trihy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hope some mod delete latest pages.

I will believe any info from a emu site, than a selling voucher. gtx970 states 3,5gb of vram?
blazed79 you are a crying kid, grow up.

Hope exzap will use ogl 4,6, so nobody can use the emu. This is a personal project, I think his milestone is to reproduce the way wii u works, not making some selfish kid happy.

Last edited by trihy,

Victorles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hope some mod delete latest pages.

I will believe any info from a emu site, than a selling voucher. gtx970 states 3,5gb of vram?
blazed79 you are a crying kid, grow up.

Hope exzap will use ogl 4,6, so nobody can use the emu. This is a personal project, I think his milestone is to reproduce the way wii u works, not making some selfish kid happy.
Yeah i hope too.

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't want to go too much into technical details but since people have been throwing around meaningless numbers (including myself) in regards to OpenGL here is some clarification:
First of all, forget OpenGL version numbers because they are meaningless for determining compatibility. OpenGL versions act more as rules on what features must be present. It's still possible to have something like "OpenGL 4.4 with 40% of OpenGL 4.5 supported". Obviously, a single version number in your hardware specs doesn't tell you that. In fact, it's possible that even ancient graphic cards can have support for individual OpenGL 4.5 features but it will still say something like "OpenGL 3.3" in the specs.
The feature that we need in particular has been present in hardware for ages, both AMD and NVIDIA have added support for it a while ago with driver updates. It's just Intel that is lagging behind when it comes to OpenGL but there is a chance they will catch up at some point.

tl;dr; Almost all AMD and NVIDIA users that can run Cemu right now don't need to worry. The move will affect only Intel users. But we may make it optional so Intel users can still run the emu but it will look even more broken.

Last edited by Exzap,

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
WTF, i tried CEMU in Windows 10 and in games like Super Mario Maker or New Super Luigi U is twice faster than this games running in Windows 7.

bassie86

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My PC Working.

Windows 10 Pro and Xbox One Controller
AMD A10 7850k
MSI A88X G45
8GB DDR3 2400MHZ
Kingstong SSD 240GB
Seagate 1TB
MSI R9 280x

Mario Kart 7
Menu 30-60fps
Ingame 15 - 20fps

Super Mario Maker
Menu 30-60fps
Ingame 15 - 20fps
Coming soon youtube

Mario 3D Worlds
Error Cemu and Window sent (no sent)

Last edited by bassie86,

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have a chance to test this, and I don't really feel like reading through this 157 page thread for an answer lol. I know this is experimental software, but how well does this run? I have a pretty high end gaming laptop. Will games be at least somewhat playable? I have a Wii U, and if I could I would love to be able to test games on my PC before I buy them.

Reactions: The Twig league

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a chance to test this, and I don't really feel like reading through this 157 page thread for an answer lol. I know this is experimental software, but how well does this run? I have a pretty high end gaming laptop. Will games be at least somewhat playable? I have a Wii U, and if I could I would love to be able to test games on my PC before I buy them.
Sidescrollers are moving into the "playable" category, but otherwise most games are either insanely slow or completely broken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.