• Views 7,225,002
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
It's say account suspended which obviously means Nintendo filed a takedown request with the host and got the site removed. I strongly doubt that means the project is dead and I know it doesn't mean they took your money and ran.

Now in Nintendo sent the devs a C&D letter from their lawyers, that's another story altogether.
or it could be that they forgot to pay their domain bills, it is the 2nd of august.

LitchiTheCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's say account suspended which obviously means Nintendo filed a takedown request with the host and got the site removed. I strongly doubt that means the project is dead and I know it doesn't mean they took your money and ran.

Now if Nintendo sent the devs a C&D letter from their lawyers, that's another story altogether.

But why would Nintendo do that ? Cemu doesn't contain any illegal stuff, no ?
When Nintendo blocked something related to Cemu, it was only the videos, because the games are their property...
I think that @emmauss is right, so if that's the case, don't worry, and I think that @Exzap will explain what happened, so let's wait together...

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did see some websites closed by Nintendo and when they are closed they say it was a copyright by Nintendo or property thing what's on this case no Nintendo logo on there so Nintendo has nothing with Cemu :)

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is not the same Nintendo has no nothing involved with cemu website and about the way LG can I have free TV.
Off course they can take the site down if there are links for download of the emulator, and as I've said, you don't know if any stuff in the project is in the "illegal zone", it's closed source for a reason... . And no, TV's are expensive, no 80' 4K for you sir !

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are over-reacting and far too impatient.

The Cemu site is rarely ever updated and Exzap is still making a ton of money on Patreon.
He's not obligated to update the site and its probably a low priority.

What you really want to worry about is what actual Patrons begin saying and I haven't seen anything from them yet.

Take it from me, I have an actual Patreon project myself.

Lastly, Nintendo can't do anything about this.
The only reason Nintendo went after others is because they used copyrighted content in their experiments.

If Nintendo went after Exzap, they'd have to go after every developer making any Nintendo console / handheld emulator and the entire emulation community would be in an uproar.
Take into account it would make Nintendo look even worse and no-one would want to play their games anyway.
Not only that but if that were true its like Microsoft or Apple going after virtual system emulators for emulating their operating systems.

Also, Nintendo won't make money from any of these developers at all... a mere $2,000-ish is pocket change for them.

Last edited by JanetMerai,

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People are over-reacting and far too impatient.

The Cemu site is rarely ever updated and Exzap is still making a ton of money on Patreon.
He's not obligated to update the site and its probably a low priority.

What you really want to worry about is what actual Patrons begin saying and I haven't seen anything from them yet.

Take it from me, I have an actual Patreon project myself.
What are you working on ?

gunu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
edit

Attachments

• w156b14efac1ae_0802085937.png
    w156b14efac1ae_0802085937.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 424
  • frd_0802070230.png