• Views 7,222,548
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will Cemu ever be open source? If it were open source more people would be able to contribute to add more features and speed up development.
I wouldn't necessarily say that, just look at Decaf and it's current state despite being open-source and existing much longer than Cemu.

Btw, bit off-topic but how does DraStic compare to other DS emulators both performance and feature-wise? Would it worth using with Bluestacks to use on PC?

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jobenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's too bad, hoarding code to yourself just like happened with PS1 emulators until recently. Making it closed source creates needless duplication of work for any potential open source efforts.
All in all, it comes down to what side you are on, if you were a pioneer with a brand new product, you would want to be able to say to yourself "Wow, I did this all by myself, this is amazing! I am making history!" but, if you weren't that guy you would say "This is so dumb, I wanna take credit too!". You and all of the other Devs calling it stupid have no right. This project is so amazing that it's just being made by two people and it's developing so fast, that they must be onto something with the whole closed source thing. There are scenarios where members of the community could complain at a dev (like it being 2 years and only playing 1 or 2 games) and try to get it made open source. So basically, there's no need for it to go open source. It's not like the source code is never going to be released. Exzap has also answered questions about the emulation in the past and might answer a few specifics if you have any

Last edited by Jobenblue,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Btw, bit off-topic but how does Drastic compare to other DS emulators both performance and feature-wise? Would it worth using with Bluestacks to use on PC?

DraStic is pretty good, but I'd think going the way through Bluestacks is a bit of an overhead. On PC, why not use DeSmuME?
And yeah, that's pretty off-topic here. I'm sure there's more suited places for this somewhere in these forums.

br4t666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
1464538305-screenshot-cemu-info-2016-05-29-15-58-41.png

just a joke:toot:

d6f786203b39db0400691621422fb2a5.jpg

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
yes i have to. i want to know if thats real, then am happy, :P

You can clearly hear the audio distortion CEMU has in MK8, and the off colours are also clear, so if it's not real it's a pretty elaborate hoax! But you can always try it for yourself; just link all 4 players to the same controller like the person who made the video did.

RabbitFair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can clearly hear the audio distortion CEMU has in MK8, and the off colours are also clear, so if it's not real it's a pretty elaborate hoax! But you can always try it for yourself; just link all 4 players to the same controller like the person who made the video did.
glad to hear that :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is