Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What makes AGB and SSB4 mutually exclusive?

AGB does not "work" on emuNAND. When disabling reboot patches, it basically boots the same title in your sysNAND instead. The reboot patches only work for 3DS games atm. I do not know enough about them right now to know what has to be fixed for that, if it's even possible.

miguel231991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi mid, kid and good name for stances could also be called as the cfw cakes, and I have a new 3DS and that you do not have to be compatible but I'd do anythinganything, is translator google fuck haha

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
AGB does not "work" on emuNAND. When disabling reboot patches, it basically boots the same title in your sysNAND instead. The reboot patches only work for 3DS games atm. I do not know enough about them right now to know what has to be fixed for that, if it's even possible.

AGB would need to have it's own emunand patch. Which is more then doable. You just install the "patched" AGB to emunand. It can boot TWL/ABG firm from emunand. But currently the AGB/TWL firms once booted try to look for the game on sysnand because NATIVE_FIRM emunand isn't applied to them. Making a emunand patch for them is the tricky part.

But once done, it's smooth sailing ahead. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Stealing other people's work and repackaging it as your own is a thing now? K.
Seemed like he gave plenty of credit on his repository's readme.
Thanks
  • b1|1s for the POC based on a decompilation of rxTools, porting it to spider and a lot of help when creating this. He's the guy who reverse-engineered all the info I needed for this.
  • Roxas75 for the font and firmlaunchax on MSET (rxTools)
  • YifanLu and dukesrg for Spider3DSTools
  • naehrwert for p3ds
  • The KARL and OSKA guys for providing example code and firmware offsets (bootstrap)
  • 3dbrew for info
  • Yellows8 for firmlaunchax and memchunkhax
  • smea and Yellows8 for gspwn
  • Apache Thunder for being a fearless test-kanninchen.
  • Gateway for some offsets
Reversing a closed homebrew and open sourcing it doesn't seem like the biggest crime in the world.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

loco365

Trophies
XP
Seemed like he gave plenty of credit on his repository's readme.
Reversing a closed homebrew and open sourcing it doesn't seem like the biggest crime in the world.
It's probably closed for a reason. If you wrote a program, and didn't open source it for whatever reason, then someone took your code and did that against your wishes, how'd you feel?

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We need a name for the server (cia installing + ram poking atm).
Righ now it's DHS because hurr FBI, CIA let's have DHS.
Since it could end up becoming a full-fledged debugger, I'd imagine you'll want to name it something more neutral. CoreServer (CS for short), maybe?

Stealing other people's work and repackaging it as your own is a thing now? K.
Fearing for your SALT monopoly now that there's a promising CFW?

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.