Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean why it doesn't work with 9.x spider on 9.2+ firm right? We only have the addresses/offsets for firms up to 9.2 as of now.

...also kernel access got patches on 9.3+. Yes, we use the kernel exploits to patch the kernel.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to setup the MSET exploit without a DS flashcart?

I used WebMultiLoader to install it for rxTools. But I gave a try to CakesFW and the reboot patch is very useful to play everything without having to switch between two different versions of RxTools.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what currently re u working on?. i hope something more tastier.

Just random stuff.

Is it possible to setup the MSET exploit without a DS flashcart?

I used WebMultiLoader to install it for rxTools. But I gave a try to CakesFW and the reboot patch is very useful to play everything without having to switch between two different versions of RxTools.

It's something I was approached about yesterday. The problem's that cakes is encrypted using gateway's method, for compatibility with the web exploits. Even though I have no reason to enable said encryption in MSET.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope that you will release something for people who don't have a DS Flashcart (my last DS Flashcart is my beloved Supercard DS One v3. Doesn't work with anything since the DSi release i think) because MSET exploit is really useful. I'll stay with patched rxtools atm because I can't use spider exploit at anytime.

Otherwise, great work, really. (and alot of nice ideas and that amazing reboot patch which is making everything easier for the user.)

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's incredible how much my little project has been opened up.
And there I thought you'd disappeared. I'll go ahead and consider this official approval for the community to continue reverse engineering rxTools.

Okay guys, I've managed to get webMultiloader to install the ROP chain for Cakes.
mset on 9.x when?

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D