Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

Thedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mode 3 refuses to update for a friend of mine, it just gives the background without any input and without saying checking for updates,any suggestions?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 11.4 updated the nwm service which breaks the streaming feature.

A NTR update is required (not a Selector thing), so no ETA on this, you can only wait until it's done.

Every New3DS's user willing to keep using the streaming function must not update to 11.4 until it's fixed.

Source: @cell9 (thank you for letting me know, saved me some time !) ;)

Pestering him for an update won't make it come faster, so just be patient or inject a 11.3 (or lower) backup as you should have made one before updating. ;)
pretty simple, I'll make a 11.3 ctrtransfer file, and everyone who is able to use google will get his 3ds back do 11.3

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would be amazing dude, if you do end up making it could you message it to me?
I'll make website, like if plailects guide can be linked contaning these torrents, then I can also link my website I guess. maybe I*ll make a thread but dunno how to name that though. (Sorry Nanquitas if this went kinda offtopic )

Reactions: Nanquitas

Cookie__XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tested out this mod of BootNTR and I have to say, it's amazingly simple, nice and fast.
The pure time to boot up NTR is (I guess) less than one-eighth of the original one, it's nearly nothing!

Would it be possible to add an quick start mode, without change settings, updating, select version every time and the timeout to start NTR?
Just start the once selected and already downloaded version. With a little optimization it could be an extremely quick way to start NTR, this would be so nice!

Else what would be with chainloading NTR with the CFW (as example Luma), would that be possible?
I guess I'm not the only one who nearly always boots up NTR after booting the 3DS.
Would it be possible to create an .bin file which firstly loads Luma and than directly NTR and that starts the Homemenu?
This would be just unbelievable amazing!

Last edited by Cookie__XD,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested out this mod of BootNTR and I have to say, it´s amazingly simple, nice and fast.
The pure time to boot up NTR is (I guess) less than one-eighth of the original one, it´s nearly nothing!

Would it be possible to add an quick start mode, without change settings, updating, select version every time and the timeout to start NTR?
Just start the once selected and already downloaded version. With a little optimization it could be an extremely quick way to start NTR, this would be so nice!

Else what would be with chainloading NTR with the CFW (as example Luma), would that be possible?
I guess I´m not the only one who nearly always boots up NTR after booting the 3DS.
Would it be possible to create an .bin file witch firstly loads Luma and than directly NTR and that starts the Homemenu?
This would be just unbelievable amazing!
Because of how NTR operates, you can't do that. You have to load the Home Menu then NTR. That's unfortunately how it works and without the source code, we can't change that.

Reactions: adrifcastr

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't we have the sourcecode at github?
What would be with the first idea I mentioned?
That's source code for BootNTR, that's what launches NTR. We don't have the source code for NTR CFW itself. Only cell9 has it. And if you see on the Pull request page, there's two pull requests to open NTR's source, which cell9 has yet to do because from what I've heard, he deleted it and it's his source code and he can do what he wants with it. And the first idea is something for Nanquitas to look at.

BootNTR and BootNTR Selector do the same thing.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cookie__XD : The changes you propose are not needed because:
  1. The settings menu should only occur once or after an update which changed the binaries (like an update of NTR)
  2. The updater will only open on those conditions:
    1. You pressed X while the app starts
    2. It's been 1 week since the last checks and the network is enabled and the 3DS connected
    3. The config file was just created / erased (so after going through the settings menu)
As for the timer, it's 3 seconds to allows the user to change the version or to start NTR in dump mode.
You can edit the sources to your liking if you prefer to remove it, reduce it or increase it but my version will keep the 3 seconds delay because I prefer this setting. ;)

@KunoichiZ :
Having the sources of it wouldn't change much, not with the current way on how NTR works.
And if you intend a rewrite then you don't need the sources right ? :P

IngeniousDefault

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bugging @Nanquitas about it won't make it faster so shut up and wait for a fix if possible.

I don't know what your definition of "bugging" is but I didn't intend to bother him. I just asked about the technical aspect of the problem. I did not ask him about any update ETA or something like that because this is not something that he can give or do anyway. ;-)

Last edited by IngeniousDefault,

AnimusVenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am on an o3ds + a9hl + luma3ds and I just updated to 11.4 I haven't had any issue with the NTR selector but after 11.4 I am getting a lot of errors.

When I try to run ACNL hacks or the English MHXX translation it will work. Sometimes while playing though I will get an error code that reads: "An error has occurred. Hold down the power button."

Is it just 11.4 being buggy?

Last edited by AnimusVenator,

RypaFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I am on an o3ds + a9hl + luma3ds and I just updated to 11.4 I haven't had any issue with the NTR selector but after 11.4 I am getting a lot of errors.

When I try to run ACNL hacks or the English MHXX translation it will work. Sometimes while playing though I will get an error code that reads: "An error has occurred. Hold down the power button."

Is it just 11.4 being buggy?

Never had this issue while playing MH XX on 11.4 (a9hl + Luma) and the latest version of this application.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...