[Release]BootNTR Selector

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nanquitas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    Nope, the different versions are packed in the romfs of the app and installed from there.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  2. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Strange, then. I wonder why he can't get it working.

3. jaymof

jaymof Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    United States
    im curious, how to download and install latest version manually. which files exactly? theres 4 cia files and 1 3dsx...noob obvi.

4. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Choose either one of the cia banners and install both the non-mode3 and the mode3 ones (the latter is required for games like Sm4sh and most of the Pokemon games).

jaymof likes this.
  5. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    You have an o3DS so you need both Mode3 & normal version. FONZD & PABLOMK7 corresponds to 2 differents banners, except for that it's the same app (so keep the one you prefer).
    Note that you can just install the other on top of an installed version so no worries.

To download manually, well just click on it, and then put it on your SD card to install it with FBI.

The mode 3 is required for Pokemon Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon & Monster Hunter.
    The normal mode have to be used for all other games.

jaymof likes this.
  6. jaymof

jaymof Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    United States
    thanks Guys, your awesome!

7. bleachigo159

bleachigo159 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2009
    Philippines
    Legazpi City, Albay Philippines
    Hi I've been having these crash dumps whenever I use BootNTR midway in the game or even at the start; anyone care to explain what wrong? I can't seem to understand why is it constantly happening, Thanks in advance a little heads up would be appreciated

This is what it looks like
    20180316_180036.jpg

8. hotaru251

hotaru251 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    updated my old 3ds to bs9 and 11.6 (was on liek 11.3 and a9 as i hadnt played 3ds in ages)

I uninstalled my old ntr and mode 3.

Went to use fbi with the latest and it was fine for mode 3 but the normal other 1 had this issue.

Error
    Failed to install CIA file.
    Result code: 0xD8E0806A
    Level: Permanent (27)
    Summary: Invalid argument (7)
    Module: AM (32)
    Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

any idea what is the problem?

9. EliteGamer105

EliteGamer105 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Are you still planning on making a new release to fix the auto-updater so that people won't have to manually download and install it within future releases? I personally don't mind manually downloading and installing, but a good chunk of users would be annoyed doing this from now on.

10. Meghatron002

Meghatron002 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    United States
    i don't know nor understand how exact to use this...

11. hotaru251

hotaru251 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    its used like any other thing.

you have the cheat files in correct location on sd card, launch the app, launch the game, and use the activating key (this can vary between usually 2 buttons) and turn the codes u want on .

12. Vegito727

Vegito727 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Ok so whenever I load up NTR Selector 2.11, it says that it's working and I'm able to use the menu. I go into Monster Hunter XX and the screen flashes green, but it stays on the 3ds splashscreen for infinity. Am I doing something wrong or? (O3DS 11.6 NTR Selector Mode-3)

13. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    check for an update manually and make sure you're using the 3.6 version for the NTR source. The only other problem could be your cheat plugin is too large.

Last edited by iSharingan, May 11, 2018
  14. Vegito727

Vegito727 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    I just checked and the game plugin is pretty small.

Last edited by Vegito727, May 12, 2018
  15. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Hi guys. I have some questions about BootNTR Selector. In the Gateway Cheats thread on here, I was told to put NTR 3.1 in BootNTR directory on my mSD so I don't have to reboot system every time i want to use cheats with a game and want to switch to another game. In my BootNTR directory I have the following: config, ntr_3_1, ntr_3_3, and ntr_3_6. When I select 3.2 in BootNTR Selector, it works fine for games, except I get an Arm11 crash in Monster Hunter Generations. I have to select 3.3 to get game and cheats to work with MHG. Is there anything I can do? All of my cheat plugins were created with NTR Plugin Manager. Help greatly appreciated :)

16. darkpyro786

darkpyro786 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2018
    United States
    Wichita, KS
    Whenever I install this for the first time it works fine, but on every second try (after turning on system later) I get taken to the menu, but there are no options to choose which version to launch, the screen freezes and I have to power down my system manually. Anyone know how to fix this?

17. EliteGamer105

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Hey. I know that back in early April this year, I have asked if there will be an update to fix the Github TLS revoke thingy for the auto-update function of BootNTR Selector, please note, @Nanquitas that if you don't plan on doing this, it's perfectly fine now. I apologize if my request(s) posed an inconvenience for you.

18. Nanquitas
    OP

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    I think that I'll probably rewrite the whole app to use the new Citro2D, and I'll probably remove the autoupdater since there won't be more update (or not enough to justify an autoupdater).

Maybe just an installer which will install the version of the launcher you need depending on your revision (O3DS/N3DS) instead (.3dsx).

iSharingan likes this.
  19. EliteGamer105

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Ah okay. Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know. :P

20. ip60

ip60 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    how do I stop it from booting into 3.6 automatically?