[Release]BootNTR Selector

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nanquitas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    As you load up bootntr. You have the option to press one of the other 2 versions before it loads the one previously used

2. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Press and hold select as you start BootNTR Selector up.

3. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    correction. pressing any button (or tapping the desired version on the touch screen) will interrupt the auto-launch and let you select a version

4. that girl

that girl Entrepreneur

Jul 25, 2015
    Canada
    Omnipresent
    FONZD? PabloMK7? What do these even mean?

5. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Those are just banner choices, with FONZD having made one banner and PabloMK7 making the other. The one you choose doesn't matter, just pick one.

that girl likes this.
  6. shakkar23

shakkar23 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    When i start up ntr 3.6 i press the home button and i open my game up but the plugin doesnt load, i put the plugin in the plugin/<tid>/plugin.plg but it doesnt load any help?

7. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    don't press home. the selector will exit automatically. also make sure you replaced the <tid> with the title ID of your game

8. shakkar23

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    Oh ok

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It says "Press Home to launch your game." Though

9. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    oh, its the mode 3 launcher, isn't it. you're either not using it on an extended memory game or your plugin is in the wrong location.

10. shakkar23

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    sorry for the late response but what is an "extended memory game"?

11. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    for o3DS/o2DS some games are more graphics intensive and/or have more object loaded at once, which can put a strain on the frame rate. As I understand it, the 'solution' is to soft reboot into an 'extended memory mode' in which certain background apps are closed and give the game a performance boost so its not usually laggy AF. This reboot kills normal NTR and iirc mode-3 launchers (launches NTR in extended memory mode) are killed by the similar reboot back into 'normal' mode by less intensive games.

12. mike087

mike087 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    Ecuador
    U rerecommend to connect to internet when Open app, but isn't risky to get banned if I connect to internet when opening th app?

13. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    the app doesn't show up in the 'now playing' field (tested with my own two 3DSs). Even if it did show up, the game ID would promptly replace it when launched.

14. mike087

mike087 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    Ecuador
    Oh that's great thanks for th answer

15. zens

zens Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Thailand
    Need to uninstall original ntr before install bootntr selector?

16. swettyBen

swettyBen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    United States
    Not sure if this is normal or not (or if I should post here or on pcalc thread).

After starting NTR and loading Pokemon Moon with pcalc, everything works fine. All functions of pcalcntr work.

If I press Home and Close Pokemon Moon, every app/game will freeze on loading until I restart my 3ds .

What gives? On 11.6 with Luma9.0, NTR 3.6

17. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    This is pretty much BootNTR's only shortcoming. Just restart the 3DS instead of closing games.

swettyBen likes this.
  18. Daniella

Daniella Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Venezuela
    a new update came out for the 3ds and now BootNTR is not working!! please help

19. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    The update doesn't seem to mess with it. What error are you getting in the selector?

20. NioXoiN

NioXoiN Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United States
    The application on 3ds works the same way you'd expect it to. You click it, it runs the last version you last loaded, says it did it successfully but then you hit connect on kit-kat and it acts as if nothing was there to connect to. Internet's fine, tried the 3 versions failed and it worked fine before the update (edited because links to twitch vods don't work how i thought)

Last edited by NioXoiN, Jun 26, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice