Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed, it isn't :D

https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax/blob/master/license.txt

Guess I won't need to learn asm that much then.

Oh boy. Luma did something illegal then, considering it's baked in. It didn't inherit the license from delebile's repo and GPLv3 is not compatible with GPLv2. The use of the screeninit code may be illegal.

Not that it affects me much - the entire ARM11 blob is external in my code, so regardless of that I'm personally safe - the GPL rules don't apply to external blobs.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. so, I made an animation, created the /anim/ folder, in there is the arm9payload.bin, and a folder 0 under here, with the anim and config. I have a new 3ds, w/ cfmsysnand (luma) a9lh, I also enabled "Enable splash screen with no screen-init". but I still dont see the animations. Am I missing something?

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. so, I made an animation, created the /anim/ folder, in there is the arm9payload.bin, and a folder 0 under here, with the anim and config. I have a new 3ds, w/ cfmsysnand (luma) a9lh, I also enabled "Enable splash screen with no screen-init". but I still dont see the animations. Am I missing something?
Are you on screen-init A9LH?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on screen-init A9LH?
No. I think I installed the no-screen-init when I did the a9lh, could I should replace some files somewhere?
On the Luma configuration I also enabled the ""Enable splash screen with no screen-init" option, so I do see small screen flash before it completes the boot.

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I think I installed the no-screen-init when I did the a9lh, could I should replace some files somewhere?
On the Luma configuration I also enabled the ""Enable splash screen with no screen-init" option, so I do see small screen flash before it completes the boot.
BootAnim9 runs before Luma, so the Luma config doesn't matter.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(This is using the new 2 in 1 payloads)

Jap N3DS system, using Luma/cfwSysnand and also USA Emunand.

My current SD Layout:
/arm9loaderhax_si.bin
/anim
/anim/arm9payload.bin
/anim/0
/anim/0/anim
/anim/0/config

As soon as I boot my n3ds, 2 seconds into boot I see a screen flash (bright back screen), a around 10 seconds later, I see another smaller flash 3ds finishes booting.

My animations don't work, I have also tested a few others thinking it was an issue with the one I made, but still nothing. Anyone care to help? It could be something very simply, but I really dont know.

I have also tested changing "arm9payload.bin" over to "luma.bin, or even moving the arm9payload.bin over to / (root) and still nothing.

==edit==

NVM I found the solution.

I needed to move my (default) "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" that was already on my SD card, and move it to /anim and rename it to "arm9payload.bin".
Then I needed to use the arm9loaderhax.bin file that came with the bootanime9 zip file, and move it to / (root) named as "arm9loaderhax_si.bin"

You'd think that something like this should of been in the steps.

Last edited by Pecrow,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NVM I found the solution.

I needed to move my (default) "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" that was already on my SD card, and move it to /anim and rename it to "arm9payload.bin".
Then I needed to use the arm9loaderhax.bin file that came with the bootanime9 zip file, and move it to / (root) named as "arm9loaderhax_si.bin"

You'd think that something like this should of been in the steps.
You mean like a readme or info in the github?
Because it's already there...

Reactions: pbanj

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think people would actually read the instructions.

"Extract the downloaded/compiled payload and create a folder called "anim" on root and place the payload to chainload as "/anim/arm9payload.bin"."
From https://github.com/Wolfvak/BootAnim9/blob/master/README.md#how-to-install
I did read those, but they were not clear enough. When I read them it just sound like. Download, create anim on root, and place the arm9loaderhax.bin included in the download zip file but rename it as arm9payload.bin. NOT that I had to name my arm9loaderhax.bin already on my SD card, to move that over to the /anim/ folder and rename that as arm9payload.bin and the one on the zip file I downloaded to use that on the root of the SD card. See, they are very different steps.

D

Deleted User

Anyone got any idea's on this one? a9lh works perfectly fine. This is what I did.

made an anim folder in the root of my sd card.
made a 1 folder in the anim folder.
moved arm9loaderhax.bin from the root of the sd card to the anim folder.
renamed arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9payload.bin

extracted arm9loaderhax.bin from the BootAnim zip to my sd card root.
extracted the animation file anim to the 1 folder.

So this SHOULD play the animation. Instead it seems to just skip it and load straight into the homescreen.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got any idea's on this one? a9lh works perfectly fine. This is what I did.

made an anim folder in the root of my sd card.
made a 1 folder in the anim folder.
moved arm9loaderhax.bin from the root of the sd card to the anim folder.
renamed arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9payload.bin

extracted arm9loaderhax.bin from the BootAnim zip to my sd card root.
extracted the animation file anim to the 1 folder.

So this SHOULD play the animation. Instead it seems to just skip it and load straight into the homescreen.
Are you using a screen-init fork of A9LH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all