Homebrew [Release] Boop

Towerdepths

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to get it to work. I understand that this might sound very... uneducated of me, but what file would I even open to use it, and on what platform? I realize that it's C# and that it should work on any sort of computer, but I am honestly lost on how to get it to work.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to get it to work. I understand that this might sound very... uneducated of me, but what file would I even open to use it, and on what platform? I realize that it's C# and that it should work on any sort of computer, but I am honestly lost on how to get it to work.
No, c# doesn't guarantee cross platform. This is compiled for windows, should only work on windows as far as I can tell.
You just download the .exe and double click it to run it

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Towerdepths

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not quite the problem, though. I'm using windows, but again I'm not sure how to boot it up. There isn't any sort of instruction or file that screams 'click me', aside from what I've found in the bin folder. When I tried using that though, nothing happened. I'm sort of at a dead end here. Any ideas would be appreciated.

More or less, I just need to be pointed at the right file to click, lol.

EDIT: I see the .exe thing. I'll go ahead and see if I haven't done that already. Sorry for making a ruckus if I was just having trouble because I missed that little something.

EDIT 2: I might have been looking at the unpacked release. So... uh... yeah. My bad. Thanks for helping out!

Last edited by Towerdepths,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not quite the problem, though. I'm using windows, but again I'm not sure how to boot it up. There isn't any sort of instruction or file that screams 'click me', aside from what I've found in the bin folder. When I tried using that though, nothing happened. I'm sort of at a dead end here. Any ideas would be appreciated.

More or less, I just need to be pointed at the right file to click, lol.

EDIT: I see the .exe thing. I'll go ahead and see if I haven't done that already. Sorry for making a ruckus if I was just having trouble because I missed that little something.

EDIT 2: I might have been looking at the unpacked release. So... uh... yeah. My bad. Thanks for helping out!
Yep. If you are looking at a bin folder you downloaded the source rather than the compiled release. You should see a download in the releases tab (also linked directly to in OP) that just downloads a single .exe

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
No, c# doesn't guarantee cross platform. This is compiled for windows, should only work on windows as far as I can tell.
You just download the .exe and double click it to run it

It does (or should) as long as you don't use p/Invoke or call external win32/win64 executable files.

SignumEternis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to know this check the "local ip" dropdown box.

If you have more than one option, try them all.

I was just about to post saying I couldn't get it to work because it kept timing out, but luckily I read this and found that choosing a different IP address made it work perfectly.

Now I finally don't have to use SD card manager or unscrew the back plate every time I need to install something. :D

ipot

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Joined this forum only to say thanks for this awesome awesome tool. I can confirm it even works under mac osx with 'wine' flawlessly, so many thanks!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol