Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you tried tape trick for SD card lock latch?
I have this issue sometime with multiple sd card adapter then I found the lock latch not too loose but it easy to change the position when put into the wii u card reader slot. Used thin tape to prevent it sliding then I never got the issue again.
I jammed blu-tack into my SD lock switch. Those things are pointless anyway, the SD card doesn't write lock itself, it just asks the reader to pretty please not write to it.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's the Wii U logo that has like some corruption on the gamepad screen
They changed this months ago. It's a black screen with whilte lines on it now.

What you see here is actually one of the exploits. They need to corrupt graphics memory to be able to inject code to IOSU. So removing this would mean to remove the entire CFW.

Reactions: Dakangel

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried aroma with the newest release. i can play my games but if i close the games with the home button the wiiu freezes. with tiramisu the wiiu don't freeze. is this a bug in aroma?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried aroma with the newest release. i can play my games but if i close the games with the home button the wiiu freezes. with tiramisu the wiiu don't freeze. is this a bug in aroma?
Never had it happen to me in my many times using Aroma other than with some homebrew.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had it happen to me in my many times using Aroma other than with some homebrew.
that happens to me with my build of cave story 2. it doesn't exactly freeze, but it has infinite loading. it happens with both tiramisu and aroma with rpx or wuhb. however, if you boot it through hbl, it exits back to hbl when you exit without a problem. it's just when exiting to the home menu. not sure what's going on.

Reactions: andreiarturo

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
is there any way to change the vwii language with aroma? i want to play wii's injects on Spanish on a Japan's Wii U

Reactions: TnDan

netsurf012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I jammed blu-tack into my SD lock switch. Those things are pointless anyway, the SD card doesn't write lock itself, it just asks the reader to pretty please not write to it.
I got the same issue, bought a bunk of sd card adapter + new card but only fixed after tape it. I guess your card reader slot need some cleanup. Mostly issue with dirt and may be some pin got oxidized coating already.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got the same issue, bought a bunk of sd card adapter + new card but only fixed after tape it. I guess your card reader slot need some cleanup. Mostly issue with dirt and may be some pin got oxidized coating already.
Nothing wrong with my reader. It was the lock switch on the card that was acting up.

Reactions: netsurf012

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, Maschell is working hard to fix these. The latest Nightly already includes a bunch of fixes so just wait until the next version and use Tiramisu in the meantime.

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't used that Wii U in months. I think it's the Wii U logo that has like some corruption on the gamepad screen like part of it is moved to the left or there's a line when you power on the wii u.
seriously. why bother? just play your god damn wii u and forget that corruption image.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@vgmoose how difficult was it to add the WUHB target for the App store for full Aroma compatibility?
How easy/difficult would it be to add such target to RetroArch and Loadiine?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, precisely
here's the example I use: .\wuhbtool.exe sm64.rpx sm64.wuhb --name="Super Mario 64 Wii U Port" --author=AboodXD --icon=iconTex.tga --tv-image=bootTvTex.tga --drc-image=bootDrcTex.tga

that's for super mario obviously, so change the names accordingly. I did this for cave story. it's very easy, only hard part is having the assets. too lazy to get them off the wiiu, and suck too much to do some photoshop stuff. haha

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO