Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @Maschell,

Im using Aroma's embedded FTP-server over LAN-adapter. After transfering several GB of data from WiiU's SD card to a PC the transfer speed decreases down to 1KB/s before freezing the entire WiiU. A power cycle is needed to bring the console back to live.

The stand-alone FTP-server started from HBL doesn'n freeze.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aroma and it's plugins just got an update, this is the changelog:

- Added a region free plugin to the Base-Aroma package. See the repository for more information.
- Fixed booting Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Shantae Half Genie Hero and Ducktales Remastered
- Fixed displaying certain files/directories in the FTPiiU plugin

Updating is a simple as always. Download the latest files from https://aroma.foryour.cafe and copy them to your sd card.

Information about the region free plugin usage can be found here: https://github.com/wiiu-env/region_free_plugin
Make sure to set your preferred language options for each region via the config menu if you want to play any out-of-region titles in anything but english. (Press L, D-PAD Down and MINUS on the gamepad to open the menu)

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Aroma and it's plugins just got an update, this is the changelog:

- Added a region free plugin to the Base-Aroma package. See the repository for more information.
- Fixed booting Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Shantae Half Genie Hero and Ducktales Remastered
- Fixed displaying certain files/directories in the FTPiiU plugin

Updating is a simple as always. Download the latest files from https://aroma.foryour.cafe and copy them to your sd card.

Information about the region free plugin usage can be found here: https://github.com/wiiu-env/region_free_plugin
Make sure to set your preferred language options for each region via the config menu if you want to play any out-of-region titles in anything but english. (Press L, D-PAD Down and MINUS on the gamepad to open the menu)
So with this my JPN's Wii U could run mario kart 8 usa in English without problems?

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what old xml edit? for no update?

for booting out of region discs, but even with that some games would crash since there is a language loading issue if they check the system region.
aroma fixes the issue now but since i don't want to edit the system again to re enable the original disc check i can't test if the new plugin bypasses that part.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Thank you very much.💖💖

Mario Kart 8 NTSC is working now.
Both Version (PAL German + NTSC English) had the correct Language at the Startup.

The Plug In System and the Configuration Menu is really awesome and powerful !!!!

Thank you for your Work and your Time.😉👌

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Maschell,

Thanx for your awesome work.

Got aroma properly running, and also kept Tiramisu.

Everything setup like i want, and running great.

Thanx to a litle help from @Alexander1970.

Games and apps that i need and use all running fine.

I only use the Wii U, no injects or vWii.

Now just wait to see more HB apps converted to Aroma.

x_ght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thank you very much.💖💖

Mario Kart 8 NTSC is working now.
Both Version (PAL German + NTSC English) had the correct Language at the Startup.

The Plug In System and the Configuration Menu is really awesome and powerful !!!!

Thank you for your Work and your Time.😉👌
This plugin goes with vWIi? or only change the language of WiiU's games?

Masana

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Maschell,

Thank you very much for your work.
I don't know if it's me, but I can't access my sd card with the Ftp plugin
Capture amora.JPG

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

netsurf012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The region free plugin is great, thank you so much @Maschell 🙇‍♂
I've tested with some games from different regions on JPN console and they all work very well 🥳
  • amiibo tap Nintendo's Greatest Bits [EUR]
  • amiibo tap Nintendo's Greatest Bits [JPN]
  • Mario party 10 [EUR]
  • Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag [US]
  • BYONETTA 2 [US]
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U EDITION [US]
  • Wii Fit U [US]
Language is set to English by default for US and EU region games.

Xbox One S controller with bloopair work fine, game not support pro controller will force disconnect and hard to connect again after exit to Wii U menu.

Last edited by netsurf012,

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be a way in the future to replace ftpiiu with the Wii U ftp server as it has a lot more improvements? I know rn it’s supposedly unstable on tiramisu which probably would make it the same on aroma but I see no reason why in the future we should continue using ftp unless the fixes from the ftp server get added.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your work Maschell! After some initial trouble - it seemed holding X to open the payloader wouldn't register when opening Health & Safety, and instead giving an error about Environment Loader running twice that forced doing a hard shutdown and rebooting... but now things are running successfully. However, (and this may be unrelated but) the Wii U is now automatically trying to sign into Nintendo Network and saying the console is out of date. For the hell of it, tried to click update and it then said the console is already up to date, but it's still doing it, on boot and when opening any game, app or rpx. Certainly can get around it by clicking OK, then cancel, then start to actually run things, but it's not ideal. Is there a new way to disable this, or to do a manual update of the firmware? It's definitely not up to date, and I have used ufdiine to remove the update folder already.
Ok finally had some time to sit down and get through this. Running UFDiine and deleting the update folder, closing, reopening, creating the folder, reboot and select Health & Safety then hold X, select installer, disable autoboot, reboot into normal nonmodded Wii U menu, try to do update, get error message about network. Frustrated but guessed it was possibly DNS settings (they were set to automatic) - found DNS settings in Nintendo's own support online for system updates, set them, reset network connection, installed update, reboot, reenabled autoboot, booted back into Aroma. Phew! Success! If anybody else has trouble with doing this would be glad to assist in answering any questions. Just schedule yourself some time and be ready to reboot many times.

Reactions: Walwii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo