Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys, I've been told (and confirmed myself) that the latest release has an issue with some ISOs in some formats not being detected properly and not being read.

The new release mainly adds experimental support for the experimental Testing Tool Firmware, a feature mainly only useful for devs and people with no life.

The rest of normal users would benefit from the extra 20KB or so RAM freed once I figure out the issues, in the meantime if you encounter any issues I recommend downgrading back to ARK 4.16 which is the last stable version.

Reactions: The_Ho

Svond

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Also opened an issue, maybe its a better place here?

[feature request] ArkLauncher: Filebrowser Startup Option​

Add an option to go directly to the filebrowser when Ark-Launcher loads.

Why?
If you have a large microSD Card + many ISOs on the card, categorizing in folders is a great way to handle the iso amount. Typically the large sd card takes some time to init load - and takes ages within the default CFW PSP XMB.
Ark-Launcher with the Ark Firmware fixes that, since it loads instantly and does not load - i goes - MetaData and does not try to init the 512GB MicroSD (which also takes around 25 seconds).
I have my Games categorized in folders like so: iso\action, iso\sports .. etc.
Ark-Launcher does not show the games on the mainscreen since they are in the folders, which is ok (if we could have folders here it would be great of course) - i go to the filebrowser on the top and launch the isos directly - also with almost no directory-content loading time - which works greate.
An option to go directly to the filebrowser on startup would be great!

Darkmattr

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Just to clarify the DLC of Disgaea 2 works if they are decrypted, but only using ARK with Adrenaline the alert still appear
Please you can play PSN/PBP games? ARK exits without showing any error.
With the risk of looking foolish by responding to this post a few pages before the most recent, I am also having this very frustrating issue and can confirm that it *only* affects PSN bought games. I have Peace Walker and the prologus from the 2nd dissidea and neither will launch no matter what I do.

Reactions: JaegerFox

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With the risk of looking foolish by responding to this post a few pages before the most recent, I am also having this very frustrating issue and can confirm that it *only* affects PSN bought games. I have Peace Walker and the prologus from the 2nd dissidea and neither will launch no matter what I do.
Have you tried the npdrm_free plugin?

Reactions: The_Ho

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For the people who already tried this : is it really better than the cfw we already have ?
To answer your question, it makes ofw a little more accessible with homebrew and unsigned psx and psp games through the patch provided in infinity. You could do multiple boots of various cfw if you wanted

@Acid_Snake Some of my backups show up as corrupted data whereas titles like final fantasy are loading just fine-> in relation to the error you mentioned

Further testing on pspgo TempAR does not run on ms0, regardless of ofw/cfw. was not updated to work using multiple mount paths (ef0 and ms0)
Workaround: use this tempAR 1.5 plugin, then go back to 1.63 if having issues

Attachments

• tempar - Copy.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by Kur0shitsuji,

codeink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thank you to every developer working on this!

I'm new to this and followed every instruction but I'm still having an issue with making ARK-4 permanent. I have the PSP 3001 ver. 6.61. I installed PRO and Infinity but when I open ARK, it brings me back to the homescreen with PRO Infinity still installed. Can I get a detailed way of fixing this? Hopefully this made sense.

EDIT: Okay fixed it! 😭 I looked through the thread and saw how to fix it. For anyone else having issues like mine:
  1. Do the steps to install ARK-4 and Infinity in their folders.
  2. Install the PRO CFW in its folders. Check youtube for this.
  3. Activate PRO then activate Infinity.
  4. Go to homescreen and shutdown your psp.
  5. Turn it back on while holding the psp home button. It'll take you to the OFW.
  6. Then, activate the ARK Loader. When you're back on the homescreen, go to System Information to see if it says "ARK 4.17.1 Live ∞" and you're good to go.

After doing this am I able to delete PRO CFW? I only want ARK installed.

Last edited by codeink,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, thank you to every developer working on this!

I'm new to this and followed every instruction but I'm still having an issue with making ARK-4 permanent. I have the PSP 3001 ver. 6.61. I installed PRO and Infinity but when I open ARK, it brings me back to the homescreen with PRO Infinity still installed. Can I get a detailed way of fixing this? Hopefully this made sense.

EDIT: Okay fixed it! 😭 I looked through the thread and saw how to fix it. For anyone else having issues like mine:
  1. Do the steps to install ARK-4 and Infinity in their folders.
  2. Install the PRO CFW in its folders. Check youtube for this.
  3. Activate PRO then activate Infinity.
  4. Go to homescreen and shutdown your psp.
  5. Turn it back on while holding the psp home button. It'll take you to the OFW.
  6. Then, activate the ARK Loader. When you're back on the homescreen, go to System Information to see if it says "ARK 4.17.1 Live ∞" and you're good to go.

After doing this am I able to delete PRO CFW? I only want ARK installed.
You can delete PRO just make sure you change Infinity to autoboot ARK.

thegame386

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i cant launch infinity in ark. i get blackscreen and then psp shuts down. in ofw infinity loads normal and i can chose installed modules. is this normal behaviour? thanks

Last edited by thegame386,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep