Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Considering the last version of Vitacheat was not backported to 3.65, my guess is that's unlikely.
Just to clarify: ARK-4 can work on 3.65+, the only thing preventing it from working is the kernel exploit (K.BIN), which uses an old one for 3.60 and I haven't bothered much to search for one.

I have been mostly focusing on the PSP-side of the CFW, with Vita stuff being left as "legacy", but with PSP support being pretty close to completion, I will start focusing more on Vita users, just give it some time.

With all that said, I've recently made a new release, with lots of improvements and fixes:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r160

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Any problems running on the PSP currently?
Not that I'm aware of. Most plugins and homebrew I've tried (including leda) and all the new formats (DAX, JSO, ZSO, CSOv2) are all working fine. PRO Online also works (when it wants to).

Is it possible to use ARK-XMB on the Vita? Or does XMB only work with Adrenaline?
ARK runs on top of Official Sony PSP Emulator, meaning no XMB (and whatever limitations Vita OS imposes).
Adrenaline injects the entire PSP 6.60 firmware into the PSP Emulator, which is totally doable on ARK (i.e. the old TN-V eCFW) but I've always found the XMB on Vita to be a lackluster experience (too slow and buggy), it's awesome for nostalgia though.
I guess it's just a matter of preference but I really do like having my list of games show up 2 seconds after I've exited a game without having to wait for the entire PSP OS and XMB to load.

In any case, I have Adrenaline and ARK installed side by side on my Vita and use one or the other depending on what I need, so this is what I most recommend.

Reactions: ital and raxadian

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One question, in PS Vita would some plugins like PSP remastered controls be compatible?
Nope, plugins like remastered controls, gta remastered and the native vita resolution all required vita-side patches that ARK doesn't have. Though it should be possible to make vita-side plugins to add this functionality to ARK (thankfully ARK is modular enough to allow for all this stuff without changing the core CFW). I'm not a vita dev though so I haven't bothered getting into it, but I feel like I should eventually. Specially since ARK on PSP is now pretty much complete, only Vita has some missing features.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i need help i have a psp 1000 with pro installed im trying to install ark but i launch the installer says done but nothing changes in system information still says pro

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hi i need help i have a psp 1000 with pro installed im trying to install ark but i launch the installer says done but nothing changes in system information still says pro
You need to load ARK from Official Firmware. If you are using Infinity or similar, you need to power on the PSP while holding the home button to boot into OFW.

Reactions: alex61194

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning