(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
New to file hosting sorry about that. Here
Thank you. Is this complete? If not, perhaps you could push out small updates? For example, there could be an updates section in the OP that could link to updates that could just be dropped in the romfs folder.

Jouzai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Is this complete? If not, perhaps you could push out small updates? For example, there could be an updates section in the OP that could link to updates that could just be dropped in the romfs folder.
For now until I find a method of getting other themes this is what is going to be pushed out there. The reason these were the only BGMs in the folder was 1) GCN did not have certain themes 2) lack of clean or as clean as possible rips 3) there being too many themes to push out.
Updates will happen once I find the missing themes. Of course any help is appreciated.

LunarD3ATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this. The music in New Leaf is fine and all, but I am already happy with the old music replacing it. It sounds great!

Reactions: Jouzai

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember doing something like this with OnionFS, except it was missing some songs and a few of them were low quality. Anyways, I'm glad this exists so I don't have to launch NTR everytime to play the game with the classic soundtrack. IMO, I think that the GCN game has a MUCH better soundtrack than New Leaf (just compare GCN 5AM to NL 5AM, NL 5AM sound's terrible). Now if only someone did a City Folk/Let's Go to the City music pack (which I did once, but the songs were poorly looped and it was with OnionFS).

Also, I hope Luma 7.0.5 fixes the 7.0.4 crash issue. Thankfully I'm on Luma 7.0.

Reactions: Jouzai

Bungee_Cord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that i've downgraded to luma 7.0.3 the game no longer crashes. Now i can listen to the best OST in the series!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For now until I find a method of getting other themes this is what is going to be pushed out there. The reason these were the only BGMs in the folder was 1) GCN did not have certain themes 2) lack of clean or as clean as possible rips 3) there being too many themes to push out.
Updates will happen once I find the missing themes. Of course any help is appreciated.
You can go to smashcustommusic.com and find basically any song from almost any game. You can download in bcstm format as well. Sometimes the songs aren't that high quality but most of them are.

Last edited by Bungee_Cord,

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, I think the Town Hall theme included in the pack is a bit out of place since it seems to be a mix of New Leaf's Isabelle/Town Hall theme and Happy Home Designer's Nook's Homes theme. I think it should be replaced with City Folk's Town Hall (day) theme. Also, the train station did have a theme in the GCN game, but it only played at the beginning of the game and is very short. I also think the Main Street music should be replaced with City Folk's City music (I did that once and it worked but it wasn't looped well enough). Oh, and the loop on the rainy day theme is a bit off (it cuts, and then fades back in).

Reactions: TyBlood13

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Make a list of what themes you need (for example, Rainy Day) and I can get clean versions of them. Albeit some will require extra work due to sample issues, so I may not be able to get around to all of it for the sake of time.
I second this. We will need a list of needed BGMs to help.

Pickpickles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job so far though, would you be able to post this on gamebanana as well?
There is a page for New Leaf, but it's only QR code player designs.
Edit: Also, tempted to make a city folk pack right now.
Edit Edit: Seems I'd have to dump the game...

Last edited by Pickpickles,

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make a list of what themes you need (for example, Rainy Day) and I can get clean versions of them. Albeit some will require extra work due to sample issues, so I may not be able to get around to all of it for the sake of time.
How did you get the rainy day theme without the rain though? As far as I know, it's impossible to mute the rain in the GCN game so it will always be there no matter what you do to get rid of it.

Also, I forgot how trippy and drunk the Harvest Festival song sounded in this game. It's kinda creepy. Seeing how some of the villagers get drunk however (yes, that's in an Animal Crossing game), it's no surprise. It always bothered me how kid friendly New Leaf tried to be. They toned down the Harvest Festival a lot (originally, it portrayed Tortimer as a cannibal and had drunk villagers daning to the music but now Franklin runs the event and just cooks food while everyone else cooks their own food and asks you for ingredients) as well as some of the villager dialog (some villagers would straight up call you an idiot in the GCN games and Wild World, but now they are all nice to you). Heck, Gracie called the player a redneck in Wild World.

Last edited by NinelivesBobcat,
Reactions: Bungee_Cord

Bungee_Cord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you get the rainy day theme without the rain though? As far as I know, it's impossible to mute the rain in the GCN game so it will always be there no matter what you do to get rid of it.

Also, I forgot how trippy and drunk the Harvest Festival song sounded in this game. It's kinda creepy. Seeing how some of the villagers get drunk however (yes, that's in an Animal Crossing game), it's no surprise. It always bothered me how kid friendly New Leaf tried to be. They toned down the Harvest Festival a lot (originally, it portrayed Tortimer as a cannibal and had drunk villagers daning to the music but now Franklin runs the event and just cooks food while everyone else cooks their own food and asks you for ingredients) as well as some of the villager dialog (some villagers would straight up call you an idiot in the GCN games and Wild World, but now they are all nice to you). Heck, Gracie called the player a redneck in Wild World.
The villagers were much more charming in the older games

By the way, is there a way to change the jingle that plays when you catch a bug or fish?

Last edited by Bungee_Cord,
Reactions: NinelivesBobcat

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The villagers were much more charming in the older games

By the way, is there a way to change the jingle that plays when you catch a bug or fish?
As of now, no as those jingles are located elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8