rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of a crt shader in the next release please?

Wish you used PayPal for donations, made a 40+ year old guy very happy with this :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Real shader support is of course possible yes. I will work on it but it will take time, if I can make it work at all.

PayPal donations are possible: if you want you can use PayPal to send money to me at my email [email protected] ;)

But even if you send me money I cannot promise to make shaders work. I will try regardless if I receive money or not.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: Lineacero

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
Real shader support is of course possible yes. I will work on it but it will take time, if I can make it work at all.

PayPal donations are possible: if you want you can use PayPal to send money to me at my email [email protected] ;)

But even if you send me money I cannot promise to make shaders work. I will try regardless if I receive money or not.

My donation is for the work you have already done, if there are never any shaders I am still happy with what we have now, thank you.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OS3.9 in action (but I prefer the reactivity of OS3.1 and it has got better wallpaper management without RTG) :

2018111016471300-97B0477F92C0BCE58F24DC2F8579C1B7.jpg 2018111016480600-97B0477F92C0BCE58F24DC2F8579C1B7.jpg 2018111016491900-97B0477F92C0BCE58F24DC2F8579C1B7.jpg 2018111016503100-97B0477F92C0BCE58F24DC2F8579C1B7.jpg 2018111016510300-97B0477F92C0BCE58F24DC2F8579C1B7.jpg

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
My donation is for the work you have already done, if there are never any shaders I am still happy with what we have now, thank you.

Thank you, I received it! I appreciate your support. Let's keep the Amiga alive together :)

Last edited by rsn8887,

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have donated as well on paypal to @rsn8887 so whoever dont have patreon account dont let it stop to donate for this great emulator.
Does anyone have hdfs from ransom pack in torrent so i can pick just hdf files i want... All what i found on internet is really huge rar file where you cannot choose subset

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have donated as well on paypal to @rsn8887 so whoever dont have patreon account dont let it stop to donate for this great emulator.
Does anyone have hdfs from ransom pack in torrent so i can pick just hdf files i want... All what i found on internet is really huge rar file where you cannot choose subset

I did too, he deserves this : thanks for UAE Switch !!

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
anyone tried if emulator is working for 2 players , 2 controllers or 2 joycons ?

Yes. I just played 2 hours of SpaceTaxi 3 with three players on my Switch. The emulator works with up to four players/four controllers. Split joycons don’t work correctly I think, so you need full controllers. I used two full Switch controllers and a Magic NS Adapter with my DS4. It worked perfectly.

Remember to turn mouse off in the menu if you play with multiple players, because the emulated mouse can interfere with the second player.

For three and four player games:

- When custom controls are off, controllers 3 and 4 are automatically mapped to parallel port joystick adapter ports 3 and 4. For example, I used the options menu in SpaceTaxi 3 to switch ply 3 and 4 from keyboard input to the parallel port joystick adapter ports.

If a game does not support the parallel port joystick adapter, you can just use the custom control panel in the emulator to map up to 4 controllers to any Amiga side keyboard or joystick inputs as you wish.

Last edited by rsn8887,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Be aware that the Ransom HDF set that everybody is talking about is 25GB uncompressed. I decided to stick with my ADF set which is 3.60GB uncompressed (2.05GB compressed) and just increase emulated RAM, CPU speed and floppy speed to increase loading speed.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New release, download here:
https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

Changelog:
1.74 (Switch only)
  • Allow remapping of ZR/ZL on Switch
  • Map ZR/ZL to "slow-down mouse" on Switch if custom controls are off
  • Add option to misc menu to choose either A or B as OK button on Switch
  • Add sharp-bilinear-simple scaling routine, and make it the new default
  • Add point filtering scaling routine

Note: Finally, sharp pixels without distortion on Switch in all screen modes! I implemented "sharp_bilinear_simple" scaling just like on the Vita. More information about this scaling routine with example pictures is here: https://github.com/rsn8887/Sharp-Bilinear-Shaders/

Last edited by rsn8887,

siudym

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to add a mode, e.g. PAL-60? Unfortunately, to get the perfect screen scrolling, you need to have the emulator set to NTSC (the console screen is known to be in 60hz), unfortunately a huge number of games does not start on the NTSC amiga and requires PAL. The idea is that the speed is at 60fps, but the emulator's compatibility as PAL.

Question about uae4all on ps vita:
I wonder why emulation set to PAL with sound shows the number of frames per second 50, while when I turn off sound emulation skips to 60 and the effect is perfectly smooth animations (settings are still on PAL).
If emulator refresh was fixed to 60 Hz, then pretty much all games would run too fast. Sound would also run too fast.

The reason why it jumps to 60 FPS when sound is off: syncing is done to the audio. Otherwise the sound would have clicks and dropouts. When the sound is off, syncing is done to the screen refresh. It shows 60 FPS and is smooth, but the games still run way too fast just like when you select NTSC Amiga.

So the emulator set to PAL with the sound emulation turned off, works at the same speed as NTSC (60fps) but has the correct compatibility with most games?
I play several games in NTSC mode, which work slightly faster than in PAL, but are completely playable and the speed does not bother (eg superfrog), for this I have a perfectly smooth screen scrolling (60fps / 60hz, fluid vsynchro without jerk).

My question: If the emulator set in PAL but without sound emulation works in 60fps, then would it not be possible to add an option that will emulate the sound at a faster rate? (matched, faster sound like that in NTSC-60) - thanks to this we get (let's call it) "mode PAL-60", which will be perfectly compatible with PAL games, but there will not be any problems with jerk scrolling of the screen (jerk scrolling animation).

Last edited by siudym,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the emulator set to PAL with the sound emulation turned off, works at the same speed as NTSC (60fps) but has the correct compatibility with most games?
I play several games in NTSC mode, which work slightly faster than in PAL, but are completely playable and the speed does not bother (eg superfrog), for this I have a perfectly smooth screen scrolling (60fps / 60hz, fluid vsynchro without jerk).

My question: If the emulator set in PAL but without sound emulation works in 60fps, then would it not be possible to add an option that will emulate the sound at a faster rate? (matched, faster sound like that in NTSC-60) - thanks to this we get (let's call it) "mode PAL-60", which will be perfectly compatible with PAL games, but there will not be any problems with jerk scrolling of the screen (jerk scrolling animation).

No way to do that, most games are PAL only. We (real hardware users) spend hundreds of euros to have perfect scrolling = 50hz TFT monitor + scandoublers. This is the same for the most advanced emulators such as WinUAE and FS-UAE, unless you can output 50hz and get a 50hz capable monitor you are stuck with stuttering.

The only way to have perfect scrolling is to patch Horizon to output 50hz at least when docked (I do not know if the switch screen is 50hz capable) and hooked up to the right monitor.

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i found hdf files and it works.
But all the games are too fast.
It is impossible to play in this way.

I set default 1200 values.

Someone have some problem??

Change the BLITTER setting to Normal if games are too fast

I know what you mean, but that is not called LINEAR filtering. LINEAR and BILINEAR filtering give the same blurry look. I think what you want is POINT filtering (as sharp as possible). I will add a POINT filtering option to the shaders in the next release. It will be sharp and fullscreen at the same time. I personally don‘t like that look, because the pixels change shape during scrolling and become distorted, unless your scale factor happens to be an exact integer (2x, 3x etc). But some people like it so it will be good to have the option.

I can add an option but what do you have in mind. Maybe attach a bezel image? Keep in mind the bezels should look good even if they fill out different size black bars, so maybe a repeating, tiled pattern?

Just a png/jpg border with the correct transparent square in the middle? Like the Retroarch ones

Like this > https://goo.gl/images/724Mna

So long as you start with 1280x720 image you can make it fit, ive made a few for RA.
724Mna

Last edited by a7mag3ddon,
Reactions: rsn8887

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New release, download here:
https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

Changelog:
1.74 (Switch only)
  • Allow remapping of ZR/ZL on Switch
  • Map ZR/ZL to "slow-down mouse" on Switch if custom controls are off
  • Add option to misc menu to choose either A or B as OK button on Switch
  • Add sharp-bilinear-simple scaling routine, and make it the new default
  • Add point filtering scaling routine

Note: Finally, sharp pixels without distortion on Switch in all screen modes! I implemented "sharp_bilinear_simple" scaling just like on the Vita. More information about this scaling routine with example pictures is here: https://github.com/rsn8887/Sharp-Bilinear-Shaders/

@rsn8887 you are a big one, a teacher, a god of emulators, thank you very much for your great effort and make us happy with this emulator, I thank you and we appreciate the great work done, we are delighted with this great emulator, thank you very much @rsn8887

Last edited by Lineacero,

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Change the BLITTER setting to Normal if games are too fast

Just a png/jpg border with the correct transparent square in the middle? Like the Retroarch ones

Like this > https://goo.gl/images/724Mna

So long as you start with 1280x720 image you can make it fit, ive made a few for RA.
724Mna
Concerning games that run too fast in WHDLoad: It is true, several games just run too fast even with blitter or cpu speed adjustments. For those games, I use adf and A500 config. It takes longer to load but the speed is correct.

Concerning bezels: I really like the idea. I will try to make it work with an option to select bezel or none.

Concerning your question: yes it is possible but would require a re-write of the current audio/video sync code to allow for audio rate adjustments. This is much harder than you might think. One of the Retroarch authors wrote a scientific paper about it: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/libretro.github.com/master/documents/ratecontrol.pdf

I don’t think “PAL-60” is worth such an effort. It will be smooth and with sound, but the games AND sound will still be way too fast. It would run all games at the wrong speed, 20% too fast.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: Lineacero

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@rsn8887 is it possible to add an option to scroll long names of .adf files when i choose a game?!
I use whdload too but many games i have are only in .adf. :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya