Hacking relative noob i need of help

hrant1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys i have spent the last hour or so searching for a solution but i have had no joy and i appologise if i have missed it but i'm ready for launching my wii out the window lol.

i am running my wii on 3.3e using cios38 rev 14 and usbloader gx rev 700 using maxtor diamondmax plus 9 120gb sata/ a50 hdd i have stuck in an old buffalo enclosure and i just cant get it to work, i was running on rev 13b and an earlier rev of usb loader gx (600 i think) and all was fine.

i have 2 hard drives with games on them and now the loader just shows the space the games are taking up, the free space on the drive but states no games.
if i try and install a game the wii crashes out showing me a code screen stating exception dsi occured, stack dump and code dump.

not having had many problems before i am unsure if installing rev13b would rectify the problem or not, to be honest i only tried rev 14 as i had read it solved the problem where you had to reset the wii to play a different game from your hd.

any help would be great

edit:

sorry guys just noticed i should have posted this in noob paradise will repost it in the right place again sorry guys

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First thing. Swapping between different versions of cIOS is quick and easy with no issues at all. I'd recommend having 10, 13, and 14 installers on you SD card at all times for easy change.

Secondly. You should always have two USB loaders on your system even if you only use one. If you get into the problem you're in now you can try the other and then see if it's the loader causing the issue. There are 3 or 4 other well supported loaders you could choose from.

As a user of GX my guess is a bug in the loader, love the loader but there are a lot of bugs. Or its an incompatibility between the loader and cIOS 14.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...