NULL

RELEASE Rekado - payload launcher for Android OS

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Menos, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Janio_scjr

Janio_scjr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2018
    Brazil
    Crashing on my galaxy note 8

2. WarSpaz

WarSpaz Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2017
    Sweden
    Crashing on my OnePlus 6 with Android 9.
    Just says it keeps crashing, even after reinstalls.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

3. alonsou

alonsou Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    Spain
    2.6.1 crash for me in xiaomi Mi3,before release 2.6 work fine

4. mdmachine

mdmachine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Latest release is also crashing on start on my device as well. Last version (.34 i think) worked fine.
    Cleared data, did not help.

5. Menos
    OP

Menos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Should finally start working properly with latest 2.6.1 [36] version. Try it now, please. And sorry for all this problems.

Link2811, mdmachine and hippy dave like this.
  6. Link2811

Link2811 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    France
    Yes, it works, thank you ! :)

The only thing, is that you said in 2.6 that Hekate is now mark with its version number, but it is not the case in 2.6.1[36]. It doesn't bother me as long as Hekate is up to date, just wanted to let you know !

7. adrenochrome

adrenochrome Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    France
    it works wonderfully well on my Xiaomi Mi8, thank you :)

8. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (which is OTG compatible, the OTG checker app says so). The USB cable with it is USB3.0 (one end is A with blue in it and the other end is one of those special Micro ends with an added part on the side like most of those external USB3 HDDs have). I ordered a USB3.0 Type A to Type C OTG adapter on Ebay. So my regular communication/charge cable that came with my phone plugs the micro+ end into the phone and the other type A end into the USB-C adapter and then into the Switch. Only nothing happens when I use either Rekado or NXLoader. Does my combination of cable/adapter not work?

So this is what I'm using. This:
    [​IMG]

With this:
    [​IMG]
    Here's where I ordered it for more spec info.

Last edited by MusicallyInspired, Mar 3, 2019
  9. SuperStarSam

SuperStarSam Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2016
    United States
    Worked flawlessly with my phone and it cable. Question: would it be possible to transfer files (nsps, xcis, etc) through otg?

10. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    The white cable is the issue. Try getting a Samsung S8 cable plus a USB adapter (usually small) for your phone. Should work just fine.

--------------

You want to use the homebrew "NXMTP" for that.

MusicallyInspired likes this.
  11. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    Why is the white cable the issue if I may ask? I thought it just had to be USB3? It has to be USB3 because when I plug my phone in a USB2 port on my PC it says it can run faster if using a USB3.0 port (and it does).

If I bought a USB-A to USB Micro adapter instead to plug into my phone and used it with my Switch charge cable would that work?

Last edited by MusicallyInspired, Mar 5, 2019
  12. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    The white cable won't allow communication with the Switch, that's why. The Switch needs USB C cable (only) and an adapter to communicate with your phone. You may also use the USB C cable without adapter with your PC (assuming yout installed the proper drivers).

13. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    I'll take your word for it, but just out of curiosity why does the protocol matter? Does the physical USB-C connector itself have some special protocol? Because I was using a USB-C adapter to connect to the Switch (as pictured above). Why didn't that count? Because it is USB3. Is that not all that matters? Just looking for more info. I like to learn. I just thought that any connection of USB3 to USB-C OTG was all that mattered. Obviously it clearly doesn't, but I'd like to understand the reason a little more.

At any rate, I have an official Switch connection cable that I've already been using to connect to my PC to deliver payloads successfully so I guess I'll just get a Micro adapter for the Type A end of that cable to connect to my phone instead.

EDIT: If I understand things correctly, this should work, yes? Or this?

Last edited by MusicallyInspired, Mar 5, 2019
  14. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    This is the one to get: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Micro-USB-t...036140?hash=item33ff265c2c:g:mFsAAOSwyApcO6KH

15. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    Thanks. Forgive my curiosity again, but why not the other one? Both will connect to my phone. Though, admittedly that one is cheaper.

16. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Sorry @MusicallyInspired for the short answer. I was in a bit of rush.
    I tried your experiment and it didn't work. I connected my phone cable to the Switch adapter I have to try and send the payload and it seems the adapter does not allow to send data. It has to be the USB C cable.

17. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    No problem. I've initiated a return of the previous adapter and ordered the new one. Many thanks for the advice and info!

Zumoly likes this.
  18. mdmachine

mdmachine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Some usb cables are "charge only" meaning some of the pins are missing or not connected. Usually this also equates to not being able to fast charge.

Meanwhile other cables are "charge and data" meaning they have the other pins on them and thus can communicate data (what you need to send a payload for example). Maybe the converters you have to be aware of this as well? (I've always avoided converters when I can).

These things cant be much of a difference in cost to produce, so I believe charging cables were invented to upcharge data ones, as they are usually a few bucks more. lol

O yeah... latest update works well! :)

Last edited by mdmachine, Mar 6, 2019 - Reason: Oh yeah...
  19. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    Canada
    My white cable came with my phone and is definitely capable of fast charge. I also use it constantly to communicate and transmit data between my phone and my PC. As for the adapter, it's OTG. It's printed right on it. The whole point of OTG is to transmit data. Which is why I was confused why my initial solution didn't work.

20. MK73DS

MK73DS Non-commutative algebra

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    I think OTG adapters are only working in one way. It's USB-C -> USB-A and not the other way. Have you tried with a micro-USB -> USB-A OTG adapter and then a USB-A to USB-C cable ?