• Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a coldboot to me.. it’s like auto rcm is installed with no jig and I couldn’t see the usb c port so yeah
Check again, it is most definitely tethered via USB cable.
coldboot.png

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh damn I look stupid now, next time should have brightness a bit brighter
No worries, I usually try to correct people with the most un-hostile approach because I know some users who prefer to jump on someone spewing false information. Nobody knows everything.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
No worries, I usually try to correct people with the most un-hostile approach because I know some users who prefer to jump on someone spewing false information. Nobody knows everything.
Please have my thumbs up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lostreverie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading through this thread it seems like the existence of ReiNand / AuReiNand for the 3DS has everyone thinking Rei and Aurora are the same person.

Pretty sure Aurora, who made AuReiNand and Luma based on Rei's project, is working on Atmosphere. At least, she's in the discord. There is some drama between her and Rei so it's not too surprising they aren't working together this time.

Will be interesting to see what CFW becomes dominant. ReiNand was huge, but Luma eventually succeeded it as the gold standard for 3DS CFW.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Props if he's set to develop a free solution rather than stall on that and spend effort on reverse-engineering TX solution instead.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Props if she's set to develop a free solution rather than stall on that and spend effort on reverse-engineering TX solution instead.
Rei's efforts seem to be on installing e-shop titles, which is infinitely better than what we're doing now. I've said it before, I'll say it again; with this crew of hackers, the future is bright.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Provided it's more than a tease and an actual substantiated release.
Mmg... I don't get the feeling of an unsubstantiated tease. Rei wouldn't be posting about it outside of random twitter images and saying "soon" on videos. This is definitely the tease for a release.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmg... I don't get the feeling of an unsubstantiated tease. Rei wouldn't be posting about it outside of random twitter images and saying "soon" on videos. This is definitely the tease for a release.

Good, he already has way more credibility than other certain, unnamed hacking development teams.

D

Deleted-452294

OP
Good, he already has way more credibility than other certain, unnamed hacking development teams.
Isn't credibility irrelevant to making things public ? I believe it's more to breaking promises or actions like that... I've yet to see those on the Switch hacking scene, which ones are you referring to ?

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, even if people aren't going to release, credibly saying that it's possible to do certain things has people pretty excited. Time will tell, but it really seems like hackers are going to do way more with this console than Nintendo ever dreamed of doing. Some of the really off-the-wall concepts have blown my mind. A Switch from the end of June 2019 will be a hell of a thing from where I'm standing.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't credibility irrelevant to making things public ? I believe it's more to breaking promises or actions like that... I've yet to see those on the Switch hacking scene, which ones are you referring to ?
Breaking or keeping promises are directly correlated to a release. If someone is KNOWN for breaking promises, what do you think the chances of them actually releasing something are?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Team F0F, they have no credibility nor are they worthy of our respect.

At this point, even if people aren't going to release, credibly saying that it's possible to do certain things has people pretty excited. Time will tell, but it really seems like hackers are going to do way more with this console than Nintendo ever dreamed of doing. Some of the really off-the-wall concepts have blown my mind. A Switch from the end of June 2019 will be a hell of a thing from where I'm standing.

I just wish there were softmod solutions on 5.x.x, but I don't ever see that happening at all.

Breaking or keeping promises are directly correlated to a release. If someone is KNOWN for breaking promises, what do you think the chances of them actually releasing something are?

Zero. Such teams should never be respected nor trusted.

D

Deleted-452294

OP
I believe that's what people indeed label as "credibility". But if there is no intention/announcement of release in the first place, I believe there is nothing making them not credible ?

They did release coreboot, u-boot and Linux for Switch, along with drivers and their own RCM exploit implementation ? What makes them not credible, and "not worthy of our respect" even more so ?
They are even known for releasing things on other scenes like the PS4, and they are the first to have hacked the Wii, and have released the Homebrew Channel among many other tools and exploits.

Last edited by ,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that's what people indeed label as "credibility". But if there is no intention/announcement of release in the first place, I believe there is nothing making them not credible ?

They did release coreboot, u-boot and Linux for Switch, along with drivers and their own RCM exploit implementation ? What makes them not credible, and "not worthy of our respect" even more so ?

I take it you weren't around when they screwed with us in the Wii U scene, and all their BS teasing back then. Never should have teased it, would've been better that way.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zero. Such teams should never be respected nor trusted.
Saying they're unnamed then naming them right away is probably counter-productive :ha:
My policy is to expect nothing and talk about them like an in-joke/running joke until something actually happens. After that, pretend you always knew they'd come through and act superior. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Deathscreton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o